How much to replace rear tire and inner tube on Honda Click 125?

MagnumForce

Just returned from the mechanic's shop just off Soi Buakhao on Chaloem Phrakiat Soi 13 (Near Marquee Bar). I had a 1.5cm screw go right through the rear tire and inner tube so I opted to replace both. He charged me 1,080Baht for everything. For future reference, is this a reasonable amount?

It was the closest mechanic's shop to where I was at the time of the puncture and it started to bucket down so I couldn't have gone much further away. However, I still thought it was a little pricey. He said he was using an "original" tire and inner tube. Maybe so. 

Do others think the price was normal or on the high side?

Thanks,

MF

I think about 4-500 baht per tire for this kind of scooter and the tires they use here, but a Dunlop (or other renowned brand) may cost the double.

Add 60 for the tube and 100 for work.

Price may differ front and back

New Click have tubeless tires. No idea of price??

Edited by Pattaya46

I paid 700 for the very same thing some time back in a small shop when had puncture and had the outer tire replaced at the same tlme

Usually 180bt to replace punctured inner tube only. Had a few done... 

I had the same thing a few years ago, a screw straight through the tube and tyre. There's no need to replace the tyre for a small hole, of course, but in this case the tyre was just about worn out anyway so I replaced both. Cost was 600 Baht at one of the local motorbike mechanic's shops, but the new tyre was bigger than the old one. I'm guessing if he'd gone for the same size of tyre as the old one it would have been 50-100 Baht cheaper again.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:53 PM, Pattaya46 said:

I think about 4-500 baht per tire for this kind of scooter and the tires they use here, but a Dunlop (or other renowned brand) may cost the double.

Add 60 for the tube and 100 for work.

Price may differ front and back

New Click have tubeless tires. No idea of price??

Anyone know where I can get an original spec. Dunlop rear tire for my Yamaha Nuevo?

Had to replace original 3000km ago (had a screw through it). Shop said they only have Thai Tires, bought one, It is worn out already.

Edited by Oink

Try the Yamaha dealer on Sukumvit /south pattaya I think its called watchara marine.
Another shop on sukumvit north pattaya with a giant Maxis sign on top of the building (on the left as you head out towards bangkok ) can order you any trye you want will fit to bikes while you wait too.