TV broadcasting guidelines eased

webfact

4 minutes ago, TGIR said:

As of 12:39 p.m. today, the 18th, we are receiving about fifteen channels, only one of which I normally watch.  Almost all of the English speaking channelswe watch are still blocked.  

Unfortunately, as already noted, we can cry all we want but we will be expected to pay the bill when it comes due.

And woe betide any who do refuse to pay. Would anyone be silly enough to risk it? 

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

A VERY pertinent post however I think we all know that TRUE will not bother responding to any queries on the matter irrespective of the contact method used although anyone phoning in might get a verbal run around and there will be no allowance made for the limited viewing provided.

The bills will come out as usual and non-payment will eventually result in service being stopped. I have no idea what they do to collect overdue payments.

They keep reminding you to pay via the post, and then after a few months they start using a debt collector. In the end I paid, just to be safe.

4 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

So far True have ignored two emails asking for a reason why three quarters of what I pay for I am unable to see, therefore a reduction in the monthly fee will be expected.

I have a contract which they ( True ) are unable to fulfil even though they have been told to show all channels. I fail to understand their mindset, they are being overly cautious and so afraid of upsetting the NCPO that if they show nothing that could be contentious they are safe. Again the customer is left to pay for a poor service which they will attempt to justify. The customer is the problem here as always they do not understand....really.

I called them and complained with the same argument...they told me that on Nov 15 next month they will make an announcement (probably a message on the screen) indicating how they plan on reimbursing or rewarding us

17 minutes ago, Lingba said:

I called them and complained with the same argument...they told me that on Nov 15 next month they will make an announcement (probably a message on the screen) indicating how they plan on reimbursing or rewarding us

And the on-screen message will probably only be in Thai.....

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

And woe betide any who do refuse to pay. Would anyone be silly enough to risk it? 

I accidentally forgot to pay my internet bill a couple months ago and after a couple days I opened my computer and the first thing to flash onto the screen was a past due warning telling me that if the bill was not paid in X number of days it was goodbye internet service. They are really good at collecting and warning at the very least. 

Like many others I fail to understand the quixotic selection of ´´suitable channels´´ by True. We are supposed to be watching sober programmes but I can access all kinds of mindless rubbish like Jimmy Fallon, Seth Myers and a host of trash from Murdoch owned stations but I cannot watch NHK World. Why this news and actuality channel is banned is beyond me, the Emperor of Japan observed three days mourning for Peteś  sake but if I turn onto NHK I get the usual desultory Thai fillers about farmers growing Brussels sprouts or some other vegetable, or a selection of dreary so-called cultural content.

Sure we are being short changed but we have no hope of getting a discount , no matter how much we grumble. So I for one have laid in extra stocks of Gin, Bolly and Stolly and will be knitting socks for the winter until this stupidity ends. Come to think of it I might up with enough socks to last until my own demise.

12 hours ago, DM07 said:

...and who will be the first, to "break" the code of mourning...?

I listen to the Thai airforce radio but last days they only play jazzmusic.

Today i heard a happy english song though, only 1....then it was jazz again.

So far True have ignored two emails asking for a reason why three quarters of what I pay for I am unable to see, therefore a reduction in the monthly fee will be expected.
I have a contract which they ( True ) are unable to fulfil even though they have been told to show all channels. I fail to understand their mindset, they are being overly cautious and so afraid of upsetting the NCPO that if they show nothing that could be contentious they are safe. Again the customer is left to pay for a poor service which they will attempt to justify. The customer is the problem here as always they do not understand....really.

There is a Facebook thread running in which True have confirmed that refunds will be issued. A number of comments have been made on the thread that it is disrespectful to be asking for a refund.

The current government is using matters of broadcast rights to fulfill it's own agenda and oppose those that have a different opinion.

This has nothing to do with anything else other than Cha-o-chan. Needs to protect his own pretentious name. There is no reason in a reasonably modern democracy we would have to debate this or be afraid to say this. Words designed to save face have no purpose.

I know bad timing, right? All of this when there can not be any dissent at all. doesn't matter what you speak about the PM has the right to invoke rules against all opposition. 

So I don't really care I can stand up for my rights because if this administration touches me the word will get out. I do not need to be treated like some Burmese immigrant with out rights. 

Some of us aren't shook by the vague threats a ruler gives. Mr. Prayut could learn some lessons here and  rule out of the respect he has earned and not because people fear him.

There is no reason to suppress the truth at this point in a government that is supposedly transparent.

Edited by anotheruser

16 hours ago, Howitzer said:

just watch internet tv. Nowadays many tv stations broadcast their programs online. Youtube is also pretty good. Most ppl watch cable to see history channel/documentaries etc all which can be found on YT.

Yes, YouTube is vastly superior to TrueVisions as a source of anything except 24 hr news, and even that  is available from Sky (UK) - and it's all free!

Get it on your TV via a Sony Blu-Ray player like I do, or various other methods which somebody will tell you about.

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Is that confirmed?  Channel 3 & 7 soaps will be back on tonight?  The wife will be delighted!

Me too! Now the speed of the internet will increase when they put the soaps back on! Plus the wife will go to bed early (watch tv upstairs) and I can finally get some peace downstairs (streaming movies, tv shows etc in English).

Edited by Wilsonandson

I just talked with True TV and they gave me more bull about the TV the said onluy in 30 days will tv come back They seem not to be aware that the some

restrictions have been lifted

The bottom line is True as with any other Thai company is fearful of the government  This is not the way government should be instilling fear in companies

The should be working with companies instead

Anyways it really does not matter I am going streaming at the end of the month and True can you know what.

A cooking channel for the USA is non violent and usually no dancing on those shows but I guess wielding a knife and rendering some

pork may be viewed differently by the Powers to Be

20 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There is a Facebook thread running in which True have confirmed that refunds will be issued. A number of comments have been made on the thread that it is disrespectful to be asking for a refund.

I hope you're right about a refund being given for the 30 days with only 5 or so channels being broadcast -but suspect they will either 'give' an upgrade for a month (for those not already  on platinum) or pretty much sweet FA for those already paying for the platinum package.

An entire nation is in mourning and all you people can do is complain about your lack of programs. I have true and at this point i couldn't care less about the lack of programs. It has allowed me more frèe time to bond with my fiancee, talk with my neighbors and catch up on some other activities. Take this time to reflect on how fragile life is, go for a walk, do some exercise or God forbid console some of your neighbors. You will come here and complain, complain, complain about the lack of programs currently being offered by stations. If you really want to complain, than complain with your wallet. Otherwise go find something constructive to do.

2 hours ago, ldiablo72 said:

An entire nation is in mourning and all you people can do is complain about your lack of programs. I have true and at this point i couldn't care less about the lack of programs. It has allowed me more frèe time to bond with my fiancee, talk with my neighbors and catch up on some other activities. Take this time to reflect on how fragile life is, go for a walk, do some exercise or God forbid console some of your neighbors. You will come here and complain, complain, complain about the lack of programs currently being offered by stations. If you really want to complain, than complain with your wallet. Otherwise go find something constructive to do.

Some might like to take the opportunity to debate your points of view instead of watching TV; their cycling having finished for the day. However open and honest discourse on contemporary Thailand is also off limits...

4 hours ago, ldiablo72 said:

Another ' I'm alright Jack ' post.

Lack of tv is affecting Thais too and as for consoling my neighbours none are in the least bit upset and black certainly isn't the colour of the day.

3 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Most of the Movies channels (True 200's) are back on.  Even the FOX channel is back.

yeah but the color is still not quite up to par...seems to still be a shaded gray...do you still see that?

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Another ' I'm alright Jack ' post.

Lack of tv is affecting Thais too and as for consoling my neighbours none are in the least bit upset and black certainly isn't the colour of the day.

So it isn't just my neighbourhood...

I would like to say more but dare not.