May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

But if they didn't?

If they vote to stay, Brexit is over. The point of significance is that no one could argue that people were lied to in any significant way or did not fully understand the implications of their vote ... if they vote to leave then everyone will accept that, myself included.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

He picked up many votes from remainers for a reason ... he offered the least harmful Brexit.

At the next election ..... the important one; Corbyn will be seen for what he is, a middle class thicko, still playing at being a left wing working class trendy, continually virtue signalling and bandwagon jumping on popular causes.

He loves gesture politics and never misses an opportunity to be seen next to anti-establishment figures in the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah and the Venezuelan regime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

If they vote to stay, Brexit is over. The point of significance is that no one could argue that people were lied to in any significant way or did not fully understand the implications of their vote ... if they vote to leave then everyone will accept that, myself included.

The significant thing I see from you comment is that a remain vote only needs one referendum but a leave vote needs two!  Good old EU stuff that is. If we do this it's only fair to have best of 3. We are in a democracy after all?!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

He picked up many votes from remainers for a reason ... he offered the least harmful Brexit.

He polled up after the Tory manifesto came out. It was nothing to do with the soft boiled egg. Look at ALL of the poll charts. 

Edited by nauseus

I think we can all agree that the negotiations on Brexit, have been a shambles.

Could the reason be, that the P.M. is not a true supporter of Brexit. She voted in the referendum, to Remain in this so called Union. So how the hell can she possible Champion the voters decision.

23 minutes ago, aright said:

At the next election ..... the important one; Corbyn will be seen for what he is, a middle class thicko, still playing at being a left wing working class trendy, continually virtue signalling and bandwagon jumping on popular causes.

He loves gesture politics and never misses an opportunity to be seen next to anti-establishment figures in the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah and the Venezuelan regime. 

Corbyn is an unintended consequence of Brexit. Brexit is bad enough without a Marxist government.

Edited by AlexRich
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The significant thing I see from you comment is that a remain vote only needs one referendum but a leave vote needs two!  Good old EU stuff that is. If we do this it's only fair to have best of 3. We are in a democracy after all?!

Remember that time Nigel Farage said 52-48 votes should lead to second referendum?

last month he announced that he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin. Calling a small defeat for his leave camp ‘unfinished business’, he predicted a second referendum on Europe. He based this on 52% voting in, 48% out.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/remember-that-time-nigel-farage-said-52-48-votes-should-lead-to-second-referendum-5963900/

I don't recall any Brexiters objecting to what Farage said back when.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

I think we can all agree that the negotiations on Brexit, have been a shambles.

Could the reason be, that the P.M. is not a true supporter of Brexit. She voted in the referendum, to Remain in this so called Union. So how the hell can she possible Champion the voters decision.

May is in no way a closet remainer. I don't recall her actively participating in the remain camp. Johnson had leadership ambitions and thought he could secure them on the leave side, May thought she might secure them by staying loyal to Cameron but going under the radar on the remain side. May calculated correctly, did a deal with the major newspapers (Mail and Sun) to get backing for her candidacy and support in destroying her opponents (like Leadsom and Johnson). In return she agreed to leave customs union and EU market. 

36 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Remember that time Nigel Farage said 52-48 votes should lead to second referendum?

last month he announced that he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin. Calling a small defeat for his leave camp ‘unfinished business’, he predicted a second referendum on Europe. He based this on 52% voting in, 48% out.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/remember-that-time-nigel-farage-said-52-48-votes-should-lead-to-second-referendum-5963900/

I don't recall any Brexiters objecting to what Farage said back when.

Nobody gave a damn, that's why. 

15 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Please do tell us which of your preferred simplistic rags you would stand The Economist up against.

You can burn the lot for all I care. It's just sell it journalism (financial version).

26 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Please do tell us which of your preferred simplistic rags you would stand The Economist up against.

Did you know the Economist has predicted nine of the last five recessions?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

May is in no way a closet remainer. I don't recall her actively participating in the remain camp. Johnson had leadership ambitions and thought he could secure them on the leave side, May thought she might secure them by staying loyal to Cameron but going under the radar on the remain side. May calculated correctly, did a deal with the major newspapers (Mail and Sun) to get backing for her candidacy and support in destroying her opponents (like Leadsom and Johnson). In return she agreed to leave customs union and EU market. 

Good story that! :smile:

21 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Totally unrelated.

Border issues are part of Brexit and will be dealt with. Waterloo plays no part in it either.

Irish War of Independence created the border and the border is a brexit issue so they are related whether you accept it or not.

You obviously believe that returning Ireland to a single entity as it was before southern independence is not a possible outcome.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nontabury said:

Khun Han is correct, Polish airmen were stationed all over the east of the country. While Polish soldiers were mostly based in England, ready for the invasion. Many of them stayed in England after the war, and gained employment in the South Yorkshire coal mines. Sandy should be aware of this, as he used to live in Attercliffe,I believe.

Never lived in Attercliffe, Deepcar.

I was brought up in the north of Scotland and as a child there was a large Polish army camp across the road and several others in the area. After the war it was the Poles that created business in the town, locals left to earn a living elsewhere. North sea oil brought many back and if that hadn't come about the area would have become a ghost town.

During the Second World War Scotland received a big influx of Poles. Most of the Polish soldiers based in the UK during the war were stationed in Scotland, although the majority did not arrive until after the fall of France in 1940.

http://www.makers.org.uk/place/PolishInScotland2WW

"Half of Britons want a public vote on the UK’s final Brexit deal with the EU once the Government’s negotiations are over, a new poll suggests. Of the 1,003 people surveyed in the Survation poll, 497, or 50 per cent, said they would “support holding a referendum asking the public if they will accept or reject the deal”. A total of 343, or 34 per cent, said they were against the idea of a public vote, while 164 (16 per cent) said they did not know."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britons-majority-in-favour-of-public-vote-on-final-brexit-deal-uk-politics-a8089161.html

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, nontabury said:

The only thing this small survey shows,is that most people are unhappy with the proposed sell out to the E.U. Thypical reporting by the Independent.

Media reportings powerful bias can make people believe anything.

Prepare to remain in the EU.  UK democracy is an illusion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, talahtnut said:

The Economist..owned by the Rothschild family and other mega rich entities.

Think..Control.

Disingenuous again

The Rothschilds have a share 

so do Cadbury (chocolate)

and Agnelli (cars- Fiat, Alfa, Ferrari, Chrysler, Lancia)

and Shroeder

Has anyone claimed of bias? EVER?

If not, back off and try reading a thoroughly good publication.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

We had many in my West Yorkshire town, they were known as DPs, probably not very PC these days.

There was a Latvian girl in my primary school at Idle, Bradford. I'm still in love with her ? 

Actually NOT off topic. I grew up appreciating the charms of our European friends!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/poverty-britain-joseph-rowntree-foundation-report-theresa-may-social-mobility-commission-million-a8089491.html

Now this is really shameful

I shall wait for the deltas and epsilons to come on shrieking bias (from The Rowntree Foundation - philanthropic organisation)

Cable is right on this also ?

15 hours ago, Grouse said:

Disingenuous again

The Rothschilds have a share 

so do Cadbury (chocolate)

and Agnelli (cars- Fiat, Alfa, Ferrari, Chrysler, Lancia)

and Shroeder

Has anyone claimed of bias? EVER?

If not, back off and try reading a thoroughly good publication.

Good morning Grouse, The bias is hidden in the sophisticated neurolinguistics.