May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

All they ever want is money.

Yes pay up! Stop leaching off the Spanish.

We don't need anymore poor free loading Brits in the EU.

450 million a year.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/22/british-expat-in-spain-fears-losing-access-to-healthcare-after-brexit

We will take it in real money, none of that funny stuff, Euros only :).

Don't like it?

Can always go home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, nauseus said:

I just can't see how this relates to May, Brexit, ready, steady, go or even tough talks.

You just like confusing me more and more...don't you....a right little tease aren't you!

Some of your fellow brexiteers do seem to understand what I mean.

Strange.

Now tell us more about your views on the democratic nature of referenda.

What exactly did the brexit referendum mean: soft or hard brexit, remain, or was it just meaningless?

Bertrand Russell: A statement can be either true, false or meaningless. Now that's what I call usefull philosophy!

16 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Some of your fellow brexiteers do seem to understand what I mean.

Strange.

Now tell us more about your views on the democratic nature of referenda.

What exactly did the brexit referendum mean: soft or hard brexit, remain, or was it just meaningless?

Bertrand Russell: A statement can be either true, false or meaningless. Now that's what I call usefull philosophy!

If you can remember Bertrand Russell you are an antique.

[Like me]

2 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

If you can remember Bertrand Russell you are an antique.

[Like me]

I can remember my philosophy professor talking about Russell (philosophy was part of my masters in macro economics).

I also remember the Russell tribunals.

The idea that a statement is either true, false or meaningless was one of the greatest insights philosophy has ever generated.

"Brexit is good for the UK" is a fine example of a statement that is neither true or false, but meaningless.

As for "antiques":

Russell's idea can perfectly be applied on the statement that "antiques are right" or "antiques are wrong".

On 12/17/2017 at 8:56 AM, tomacht8 said:

To put it more simply: In the past 30 years, uk politicians in particular have blocked progress on social justice in the EU.

To blame the EU for social injustice in the UK is simply wrong.

And you know that.

Yes, I have not blamed the EU for SJ in UK. I was merely pointing out that SJ in the UK has worsened during the 44 years of the EU membership, so how would Grouse assume SJ would improve if we remain...I have simply been hastily misread.    The UK gov. has never liked SJ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Reports this morning that the UK government is planning to scrap the EU Working Time Directive - not to enrich the lives of the British workers, I am sure. 

How ? when ? we are signing up for a 2 year extension which requires that nothing changes, so are we talking about something that will happen in 2021/22. Beware of anything that reduces the working mans rights, the GIG economy is already doing this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

A statement can be either true, false or meaningless.

A theory that refutes itself and violates Aristotle's law of noncontradiction.

Introduction of Logic by Harry Gensler, page 381.

Rather sums up the logic of the Hard Brexit position.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well it’s nearly  Christmas, so here’s a happy Christmas message to the remoaners.

While I am usually the last to take satisfaction at the misfortune of others, I find this to be a much more welcome Christmas message. 

Of course - to be taken with a pinch of salt. The corrupt old parasite has previously gone on record to say that he cannot survive on the 250K he pockets yearly. 

DRKnLroW0AAnA30.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Yes, I have not blamed the EU for SJ in UK. I was merely pointing out that SJ in the UK has worsened during the 44 years of the EU membership, so how would Grouse assume SJ would improve if we remain...I have simply been hastily misread.    The UK gov. has never liked SJ.

Really. The new Brexit minister disagrees with you:  “Thankfully David Cameron is committed to withdrawing Britain from the Social Chapter from which John Major won us an opt-out in 1992 but to which Tony Blair signed us up in 1997. This is an essential step if we are ever to break free from the debilitating effects of EU regulation on our country.” 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, taipeir said:

Evidence please that they will hold a referendum to exit. 

Is this the same rumour that said the Eurozone was going to crash and burn ?

That the countries of the EU would be easily picked apart in any negotiation with the UK on leaving ?

That you'd be free trading with the world by now and prosperity was just around the corner?

Good luck with that.

We have a number of E.U citizens on this thread, who wish for the U.K. to remain in this so called union. I wonder why?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, taipeir said:

Evidence please that they will hold a referendum to exit. 

Is this the same rumour that said the Eurozone was going to crash and burn ?

That the countries of the EU would be easily picked apart in any negotiation with the UK on leaving ?

That you'd be free trading with the world by now and prosperity was just around the corner?

Good luck with that.

We have a number of E.U citizens on this thread, who wish for the U.K. to remain in this so called union. I wonder why?

15 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Really. The new Brexit minister disagrees with you:  “Thankfully David Cameron is committed to withdrawing Britain from the Social Chapter from which John Major won us an opt-out in 1992 but to which Tony Blair signed us up in 1997. This is an essential step if we are ever to break free from the debilitating effects of EU regulation on our country.” 

Whatever politicians say, SJ will no improve in UK. Big corporations set the agenda.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

While I am usually the last to take satisfaction at the misfortune of others, I find this to be a much more welcome Christmas message. 

Of course - to be taken with a pinch of salt. The corrupt old parasite has previously gone on record to say that he cannot survive on the 250K he pockets yearly. 

DRKnLroW0AAnA30.jpg

With his Joseph Goebbels rhetoric he did not make any friends. But he will go down in the history of the EU Parliament as the one who managed to personally insult all EU parliamentarians from 28 countries.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I can remember my philosophy professor talking about Russell (philosophy was part of my masters in macro economics).

I also remember the Russell tribunals.

The idea that a statement is either true, false or meaningless was one of the greatest insights philosophy has ever generated.

"Brexit is good for the UK" is a fine example of a statement that is neither true or false, but meaningless.

As for "antiques":

Russell's idea can perfectly be applied on the statement that "antiques are right" or "antiques are wrong".

I see,   so Hippys can be right or wrong..or just plain crafty        lol

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

6/ A united Europe is in a stronger position to negotiate with US, China, Russia, India,... than the individual countries.

IMHO this does not make you stronger, it creates more difficulty because you have to negotiate for 27 Countries who all have different interests to protect. this is why trade deals take 7 8 9 10 years, because any one Country can veto.

15 hours ago, nontabury said:

I think you’ll find that it was the American and British money, that financed NATO, that had something to do with peace.

In the E.U it will not be the people who steer titanic, but the unelected Commissioners in Brussels, and their rich backers.

The E.U. Is for the benefit of the rich, multi national corporations and the so called elite. Not that those who have been brain washed will realise.

When everybody is starting off from the same level playing field, then yes, people may accept free movement, along of course with a willingness to integration.

And so May democracy.

5A6E55FD-AE43-4BAE-AF5A-3F3917212BED.jpeg

Nice one.   And still there is no guarantee that there won't be another war.

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

You excell in posting well thought over, subtle, broad minded, balanced, debate stimulating pics.

It's been his style for years, he must have a cabinet full of them because we never see the same one twice.

• Like 1