May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

On 7/16/2017 at 0:41 PM, dick dasterdly said:

At the moment it appears that the Independent/Telegraph/Guardian are as incapable of being impartial as the Express/Mail and other tabloids :sad:.

On 7/16/2017 at 1:40 PM, SheungWan said:

Funny how the guys who bemoan the absence of 'impartiality' usually find the answer in some nutcase websites.

23 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Great post :saai:.

When did I ever quote "some nutcase websites"?

Edit - and please to reply with evidence to back-up your claim, as I WILL come back later to remind you of your outright lie....

7 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

There are a number of Conspiracy Theory Brexiteer guys on this forum who support Putin, who in today's world props up Assad dropping chemical weapons on his own people, so enough with the faux indignant responses from them.

Is your latest quoted post based on similar 'facts' to your previous post quoted above? :sick:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I guess some guys would have liked Saddam Hussein to have stayed to continue dropping gas bombs on the Marsh Arabs.

No more than I like to see any unsavoury regime doing what it does. But I wouldn't want to see an entire region of the world de-stabilised, just so that a group of globalist businessmen can make a 'killing' (excuse the pun) on the clean-up operation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

No more than I like to see any unsavoury regime doing what it does. But I wouldn't want to see an entire region of the world de-stabilised, just so that a group of globalist businessmen can make a 'killing' (excuse the pun) on the clean-up operation.

You wait for a conspiracy theory bus and hey presto! One turns up right on time!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 1:40 PM, SheungWan said:

Funny how the guys who bemoan the absence of 'impartiality' usually find the answer in some nutcase websites.

29 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

There are a number of Conspiracy Theory Brexiteer guys on this forum who support Putin, who in today's world props up Assad dropping chemical weapons on his own people, so enough with the faux indignant responses from them.

19 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I guess some guys would have liked Saddam Hussein to have stayed to continue dropping gas bombs on the Marsh Arabs.

Its probably better to give up on the outright lies and rely on innuendos - as per the last quoted post implying that all those who opposed the Iraq war were in favour of Saddam killing people....:saai:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

fataltities aside, (maybe he can offset the 179 to lives spared in NI?)

anyway, Blair is now keen on halting Brexit; according to snippet in The Telegraph;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/15/tony-blair-necessary-brexit-doesnt-happen/

It would be crass to "offset" fatalities. 

I was making the point that Blair wasn't always wrong.

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Its probably better to give up on the outright lies and rely on innuendos - as per the last quoted post implying that all those who opposed the Iraq war were in favour of Saddam killing people....:saai:

It's desperate times for Blair fanboys who are forever grateful to him for allowing them to make their dough from his lax management of the finance industry

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Agree, but Jerymy Corbyn as our next leader.presumably with Diana Abbott as Chancellor of the Exchequer. Just think about it.

image.jpeg

I'm afraid it's far worse than you portray.

I see Jeremy Corbyn as PM,  ( I don't think there will be any Jews in the cabinet)

John McDonnell as Chancellor (Communists are the best qualified to run Capitalist States)

Diane Abbott  as Defence Secretary.(Jeremy has, of course, said he won't press the red button so I think he will give it to Diane to do as she sees fit.)

Sorry, I can't continue, I have to leave the room, I am starting to weep uncontrollably.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-german-politicians-irish-british-disgrace-farcical-a7843526.html

Are European friends are sniggering about our lack of preparedness. 

May and her little band of negotiators aren't ready for any kind of talks about Brexit.

Total incompetence. Embarrassing.

"Senior German politicians reportedly launched a scathing attack 

Typical Tabloid journalism --  unverified statements designed to wind up the readers who believe such nonsense to be "fact"...... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-german-politicians-irish-british-disgrace-farcical-a7843526.html

May and her little band of negotiators aren't ready for any kind of talks about Brexit.

I'm surprised you can't see the cunning plan. They are using the "Chief" Bromden method of negotiation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Fair enough ,your not a patriot,and that your only for you, and your family. Thank god, the majority of Brits did not think like you in 1939. Though I wonder if in the unlikely event that the Thai authorities, were to declare war on the U.K. And therefore imprison Brits living in Surin. Would you then suddenly become a patriot.

No, I would go to Germany and stay with my daughter. 1939, that's 78 years ago, what about the battle of Waterloo, surely that deserves a mention, "give me the night or give me the Prussians" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Fine Gael stirring the poo again but only via the inaptly named Independent.

I'm embarrassed now that i actually bothered to read it!

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

No, I would go to Germany and stay with my daughter. 1939, that's 78 years ago, what about the battle of Waterloo, surely that deserves a mention, "give me the night or give me the Prussians" 

I'll bet the Brexiters will knock Blucher; bloody Germans!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebhard_Leberecht_von_Blücher

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Fine Gael stirring the poo again but only via the inaptly named Independent.

I'm embarrassed now that i actually bothered to read it!

Don't be,you should read all the publications going to get a feel for whats going on, I even read the Daily Express for light entertainment, the 'by jingo' comments of the true blue Brits are the best laugh going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Don't be,you should read all the publications going to get a feel for whats going on, I even read the Daily Express for light entertainment, the 'by jingo' comments of the true blue Brits are the best laugh going.

I must admit I don't bother with the national press much. A lot of bias from both sides. I just try to read the links, if attached to a post here, to go through the motions and see if there is actually any credible and/or relevant information but of course there almost always isn't. I like to check the sports pages though.

• Like 1

Land borders and brexit

Every now and then I see mentioning of the border between Ireland and the rest.

Can't say I remember any mentioning of the border between Gibraltar and Spain, how come?

loyalty/concerted action:

If I remember correctly May has on a number of occasions said that the brexit can be hacked in the alloted 2 years,

demanding but doable.

When the PM is stressing this I perceive this as the UK governments official policy.

Now, I read a somewhat different message from the Minister of Finance, phases, step by step,

nee way this can be hacked in 2 years.

I thought that the cabinet spoke with one voice (outside of cabinet meetings) or is this not so in UK?

41 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

loyalty/concerted action:

If I remember correctly May has on a number of occasions said that the brexit can be hacked in the alloted 2 years,

demanding but doable.

When the PM is stressing this I perceive this as the UK governments official policy.

Now, I read a somewhat different message from the Minister of Finance, phases, step by step,

nee way this can be hacked in 2 years.

I thought that the cabinet spoke with one voice (outside of cabinet meetings) or is this not so in UK?

Normally yes, but they cannot hold it totally together right now. What you are referring to above is an indication of factional jockeying for position.

3 hours ago, jimmybkk said:

Blame that fool Cameron. It was him who called the referendum on Brexit. It was him who said that if the result of the referendum was that the majority of voters were in favour of leaving the EU, the UK would leave. It was him who stated publicly (lied) that he would stay on as PM regardless of the outcome of the referendum. And it was him who resigned and ran off like the wimp that he is immediately after the election. May's been left picking up the pieces of the mess left behind by that half-wit Cameron and the self-serving wool he pulled over the nation's eyes... Disgusting.

The Government is negotiating like a half-wit because of Cameron? What a great blame-school analysis.

• Like 2