May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

48 minutes ago, vogie said:

And Japan, Slovakia, hungary, Rumania and Bulgaria.

oh i forgot that Japan fought on d-day side by side with the Germans :cheesy:

Slovakia did not exist. it was a part of Czechoslovakia which was occupied by German invading troops as was Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.

next!

1 minute ago, Naam said:

Slovakia did not exist. it was a part of Czechoslovakia which was occupied by German invading troops as was Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.

next!

I just didn't want Germany taking all the credit. :cheesy:

8 minutes ago, Naam said:

next!

The "Axis powers" formally took the name after the Tripartite Pact was signed by Germany, Italy, and Japan on 27 September 1940, in Berlin. The pact was subsequently joined by Hungary (20 November 1940), Romania (23 November 1940), Slovakia (24 November 1940), and Bulgaria (1 March 1941).

NEXT!

Edited by nauseus

41 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The "Axis powers" formally took the name after the Tripartite Pact was signed by Germany, Italy, and Japan on 27 September 1940, in Berlin. The pact was subsequently joined by Hungary (20 November 1940), Romania (23 November 1940), Slovakia (24 November 1940), and Bulgaria (1 March 1941).

NEXT!

subsequently joined looking into the barrels of German guns.

17 hours ago, pitrevie said:

Nothing whatsoever just as there is nothing wrong with Germany acting in Germany's interest. 

Quite, the problem comes when politicians fail to differentiate between the interests of the country and their own.

Brexit was created and by propagated by politicians pursuing their own self interest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite, the problem comes when politicians fail to differentiate between the interests of the country and their own.

Brexit was created and by propagated by politicians pursuing their own self interest.

True. Best thing Cameron ever did! 

It is an interesting suggestion but places a lot of faith in other countries to play ball. Basically, if you have already dropped your external tariffs to zero then other countries have nothing to gain from a FTA.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 17/08/2017 at 6:30 AM, Naam said:

the "huge" coalition consisted of Italy which turned against its ally as it did in WWI :sleep: 

More to the point, it was a drain on German resources - North Africa and Greece, which also made Yugoslavia a problem.

Japan helped by tying down US and, initially, Soviet resources.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/azuma-london-edinburgh-high-speed-train-four-hours-time-hitachi-virgin-route-east-coast-kings-cross-a7899666.html

This is The Flying Scotsman route: Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley. Now with Hitachi locomotives!!

Shame upon shame

Where are our engineers? Napier Deltics anyone? Pacific Class? Mallard?

I suppose this the fault of the EU?

PATHETIC

Just look at this design!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier_Deltic

pass the Kleenex

Edited by Grouse

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Wow you sound like a Brussels mouthpiece. Embracing dictators has never been a strong point of the UK which I am so happy about.

Really I think we have done our share of embracing dictators, what do you think Stalin was or Pinochet and Ceausecu  even got a state visit.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/azuma-london-edinburgh-high-speed-train-four-hours-time-hitachi-virgin-route-east-coast-kings-cross-a7899666.html

This is The Flying Scotsman route: Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley. Now with Hitachi locomotives!!

Shame upon shame

PATHETIC

pass the Kleenex

9Fs hauling iron ore to Consett.

Play Peter Gunn at the same time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=296wS9ome4M

That's when we were Great Britain!

Edited by Grouse

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Shame upon shame

PATHETIC

pass the Kleenex

More than 60 years old that idea Grouse.

Good lightweight engine at that time when we were born.

Will have problems matching today''s high power/high torque engines.

Adequate scavenging is a real challenge for those engines if trying to meet today's high power requirements.

Those engines do fine at the show house in York. Can have a pint with proper Yorkshire head combined with the look.

Woun't get that head anywhere in EU. (although northern Germany sports some decent heads on pilsner)

(Mercury/MerCruiser have some brilliant high power (torque and hp) and high rev diesels

that are very small and relatively lightweight.

Pick up on that rather than reviving Napier I woud say)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

More than 60 years old that idea Grouse.

Good lightweight engine at that time when we were born.

Will have problems matching today''s high power/high torque engines.

Adequate scavenging is a real challenge for those engines if trying to meet today's high power requirements.

Those engines do fine at the show house in York. Can have a pint with proper Yorkshire head combined with the look.

Woun't get that head anywhere in EU. (although northern Germany sports some decent heads on pilsner)

(Mercury/MerCruiser have some brilliant high power (torque and hp) and high rev diesels

that are very small and relatively lightweight.

Pick up on that rather than reviving Napier I woud say)

Nowt wrong with a bit of nostalgia!

You are right but we should be at the top of the engineering pile!

Anyway getting back to the treads title. I hope TM goes into the EU Brexit talks and tells the EU when are they going to admit that multiculturalism doesn't work. When are Germany going to admit there open immigration policy has made the EU a breading ground for continual terrorism.

Oops I probably got back to a contentious issue about brexit. Never mind. sadly and tragically I will await for the next terrorist attack across the EU which has a direct correlation due to the EU and its policy. Well done Brussels. Not..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Anyway getting back to the treads title. I hope TM goes into the EU Brexit talks and tells the EU when are they going to admit that multiculturalism doesn't work. When are Germany going to admit there open immigration policy has made the EU a breading ground for continual terrorism.

Oops I probably got back to a contentious issue about brexit. Never mind. sadly and tragically I will await for the next terrorist attack across the EU which has a direct correlation due to the EU and its policy. Well done Brussels. Not..

Well, I do hope TM will never even hint at that issue. Doing that would derail the Brexit talks severly.

This  is  not the time for discussing views on multiculturalism.

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Hopefully, it's going to be an internal discussion for us soon. And, hopefully, one on which Corbyn doesn't have much input. Read what Nazir Afzal, head of North West England's CPS has to say here about grooming gangs. It shows Corbyn up for the pillock that he is:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-grooming-prosecutor-nazir-afzal-13271237

Edited by Khun Han
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Well, I do hope TM will never even hint at that issue. Doing that would derail the Brexit talks severly.

This  is  not the time for discussing views on multiculturalism.

Why not.it is after all,part of the problem with this so-called Union.

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

Why not.it is after all,part of the problem with this so-called Union.

Yes, for the UK it is.

The influx of all sorts of people from around the world controlled by Brussels is not to UKs fancy

and is one of the reasons that people in the foggy islands opted to Brexit.

Fair enough. But this is now done.

As of Brexit the foggy islands can control and master the influx herself.

No point in <deleted> up the temperature in the negos with issues that ain't no issue after Brexit.

The talks don't need added complexity.

The UK should be at the top of the nuclear "pile"!

AGRs, fast breeders and small scale

Also transmission technologies and storage. Lots of material science required for high energy density batteries. Lots of engineering of high torque high efficiency motors.

Come on, we should be leading the world!!

I want rare earth PhDs earning millions not drips kicking footballs! I find Neodymium magnets much more attractive.

All this Brexit film flam is a side show. We need the best brains coupled with serious capital!