May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I seldom reply to your posts as you're so OTT remain - but after all this time you still haven't realised that I refrained from voting in the referendum and am pretty much 'on the fence' :shock1:.

Although to be fair, I'm becoming ever more inclined to the 'leavers cause' as a couple of 'remainers' on this forum and EU politicians display their arrogance.... 

leaning to brexiters with a view to reducing arrogance,

would be a bit like refusing Fam, Grouse as a nip until Grouse discovers the virtues of Brexit

dunno,

but I am happy with my Black and my Glenlivet

-----------------

Read in a recent Bangkok Post Spectrum issue that Merkel was quoted as saying

"Seen from Beijing Europe is an Asian peninsula"

Where would that put UK? A speck in the ocean off the far coast of the peninsula, close to Rock All.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I seldom reply to your posts as you're so OTT remain - but after all this time you still haven't realised that I refrained from voting in the referendum and am pretty much 'on the fence' :shock1:.

Although to be fair, I'm becoming ever more inclined to the 'leavers cause' as a couple of 'remainers' on this forum and EU politicians display their arrogance.... 

'On the fence' ? :cheesy: '...ever more inclined'? :cheesy:

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Shame really how crass some Brexiteers are in responding to anything critical. Anyway, we must soldier on. Also in today's FT:  'Brussels has no clear vision for Brexit, says City Envoy' .                                                                                                  

"Hello kettle, this is pot calling."

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Shocker  - FT is against brexit and forecasts a "stable path of relative decline'" :shock1::laugh:!

Do you really want me to draw conclusions about the various voices in the media?

You wouldn't like it!

No doubt The Numpty Times forecasts a stable path to a land of milk and honey  :biggrin:

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

You will never get off the fence because you got on when the cuprinol was wet. How ever, I acknowledge your Britishness in supporting the Brexiteer underdogs! :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You will never get off the fence because you got on when the cuprinol was wet. How ever, I acknowledge your Britishness in supporting the Brexiteer underdogs! :biggrin:

Underdog? ??????

As I recall, we won....

19 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Winning a vote is not the same thing as the fat lady singing otherwise we wouldn't still be at the karaoke.

We are not at the karaoke we left to sing "Jerusalem"

You stayed to listen to your preferred anthem which you don't seem able to tear yourself away from.

3 minutes ago, aright said:

We are not at the karaoke we left to sing "Jerusalem"

You stayed to listen to your preferred anthem which you don't seem able to tear yourself away from.

How tedious. Anyway here's one of me and Grouse and the guys getting it together in a slightly different Germanic spirit:

4 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Aren't Rammstein neo nazis?

I don't think they are neo Nazis (I don't think they would be allowed on stage)  but they do have a neo Nazi following.

I cannot believe SheungWan  and Grouse  have made the ultimate Freudian slip.

They are both such likeable chaps :biggrin:

Best not mention the war :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, aright said:

I don't think they are neo Nazis (I don't think they would be allowed on stage)  but they do have a neo Nazi following.

If you are looking for neo-Nazis they are primarily on the pro-Brexit side, BNP and so on. Also UKIP members seen to have links with neo-Nazi and other far-right groups. Look no further than the murderer of Jo Cox. And while you are at it check out the past antics of Nigel Farage. As for music, those of a certain generation will remember when members of the punk music scene were seen sporting Nazi regalia and accused of being on the hard right. What happened? It gave rise to RAR (Rock Against Racism) which mixed punk and reggae and the rest is history as they say. Well maybe, as too many Brexiteers want to rock with racism.

21 minutes ago, aright said:

Neo-nazis these days are more into Oi! but even there many Oi! bands have condemned racism and fascism. A lot of the Neo-nazi stuff is produced in the US under their own White Power labels.

Anyone looking for neo Nazis in the UK will find them difficult to find Jo Cox was murdered by a member of National Action and as a result legislation has been passed (Amber Rudd) which makes it a criminal offence to be a member,  or to invite support for the neo Nazi party.

With respect can I recommend we get off this topic it doesn't belong here.

27 minutes ago, aright said:

It was my humour to put Grouse in it, so any brickbats throw just at me.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

It was my humour to put Grouse in it, so any brickbats throw just at me.

I thought you were having a dig at my prodigious beer consumption! No offence taken BTW it's rare to find neo NAZIs in Germany (they're probably in prison)

Actually Spider Murphy Gang are more to my taste (or Beethoven)

25 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I thought you were having a dig at my prodigious beer consumption! No offence taken BTW it's rare to find neo NAZIs in Germany (they're probably in prison)

27 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Look! We don't want to talk about neo Nazis on this thread nor do we want to know about your relationship with a St  Benard dog. Its disgusting. 

Does sound suspiciously like legislation to enable the govt in conjunction with the Repeal Act to pass laws without the scrutiny of parliament. Wonder if they will call it the Enabling Act.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived