US national... retirement income means ????

My plan is to bring my income transaction statement from Etrade for the previous year, a copy of my 1040, and I bring a copy of the Income estimator for the next year which shows all interest and dividends expected, based on the current stocks and bonds and current dividend and interest rate they recently paid out.  Etrade sad they would issue me some sort of letter affirming the estimates, no doubt with the usual disclaimer that past performance does not guarantee future performance.  Some years I may have some IRA withdrawals, and those won't be on the income estimation statement, but would be on my 1040.  The 1040 AGI, and MAGI (if you include ROTH IRA distributions) is used in all income determination things in the USA.  There is not much more information to present.   A copy of your last 1040 which proves what you had the previous year.  Some sort of estimation for the next year is a bit less defined.  But if one is on Social security, that would be on the previous 1040 or, I don't know what SSA will certify, but you can certainly present a printed out copy of the benefits estimator from the website.   That's as loaded for bear as I can do using easily obtainable at arm's reach means

Edited by gk10002000
add
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand why this is such a big issue. I am also in a similar situation and going to Thailand on multiple entry O-A visa. My plan is to transfer $2500 to a Bangkok bank account every month for living expenses in Thailand.

After two years when I have to extend it, I will take the income affidavit from US embassy (they don't require that you have to be receiving a pension and don't verify any income source) and if Thai immigration asks for supporting document, I will have two years worth of regular monthly deposit in my Bangkok bank. If Thai immigration is reluctant to accept that, I will go back to the US to get another O-A ME visa.

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

My plan is to bring my income transaction statement from Etrade for the previous year, a copy of my 1040, and I bring a copy of the Income estimator for the next year which shows all interest and dividends expected, based on the current stocks and bonds and current dividend and interest rate they recently paid out.

Bring to whom ?

If you are tying to prove you income to Thai Immigration you have two options, money in a Thai bank, proven by updated passbook or Income letter from the US Embassy in Bangkok or Consulate in CM

If you are tying to prove income at a Thai Embassy or Consulate in your home country you just need to show income for the year you are applying and they usually just want your net worth via a bank or brokerage statement