Steven Seagal in Bangkok to pay tribute to late King Bhumibol

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

" Cast member David Spade regarded Seagal as the show's worst host during Spade's time there. Spade and co-star Tim Meadows cite Seagal's humorlessness, his ill treatment of the show's cast and writers, and his refusal to do a "Hans and Franz" sketch because that skit's title characters stated that they could beat up Seagal. Seagal was never invited back to the show following that episode. "

And Spade and Meadows are paragons of human kindness? Not even B list performers. 

Seagal is an accomplished musician, surprisingly good. He played a gig in the UK near where I lived and was praised for coming out and talking very naturally with the audience who were queuing outside the venue. Very friendly and certainly didn't come across as self important or obnoxious. 

It's threads like that never cease to surprise me how miserable many people in here really are.

Is it Thailand that does that ... that made you so misogynic, is living there causing people to develop that way?

Or are y'all sitting back home being jealous that someone else (who probably has more $ than any of you) was able to just fly over with his private jet to enjoy a few days in LOS?

Despite his weight increase, I bet that Seagal is more trained and, for sure, by fare more physically skilled than 99% of the wiseguys in here. :-)

Guess he also never aimed to receive an Oscar, but his movies are good popcorn entertainment - and will be watched by most of you at some point I'm sure

(just before you're back at your Lars von Trier movies, Richard Attenborough documentaries and historical WW2 dramas, I know).

Be it promotion or not, I admire (and believe him) that he has genuine love for the country as for Asia in general and respect for what the king did for his people, and that he wanted to show his respect and to be there to pay condolences.

Edited by pepi2005

Saw Steven in the Saxophone donkeys years ago, back when the amazing Khun Gan was rocking the place (shame she went to France). He enjoyed himself and was very humbly pleasant to everybody when leaving.

Nice guy, been back a few times and I am sure genuinely likes Thailand.

I like his films, just hope he has left his bullet proof vest at home. Don't want him getting arrested on the way out.

1 hour ago, pepi2005 said:

It's threads like that never cease to surprise me how miserable many people in here really are.

Is it Thailand that does that ... that made you so misogynic, is living there causing people to develop that way?

Or are y'all sitting back home being jealous that someone else (who probably has more $ than any of you) was able to just fly over with his private jet to enjoy a few days in LOS?

Despite his weight increase, I bet that Seagal is more trained and, for sure, by fare more physically skilled than 99% of the wiseguys in here. :-)

Guess he also never aimed to receive an Oscar, but his movies are good popcorn entertainment - and will be watched by most of you at some point I'm sure

(just before you're back at your Lars von Trier movies, Richard Attenborough documentaries and historical WW2 dramas, I know).

Be it promotion or not, I admire (and believe him) that he has genuine love for the country as for Asia in general and respect for what the king did for his people, and that he wanted to show his respect and to be there to pay condolences.

More money, more girls, more plastic surgery ( . Guess)... good on him... but also, worryingly for a human killing machine, whose "sport" preaches calmness.... more temper... look it up on google... some rate him as the worlds seventh worst actor to work with, now that has to say something ... y'all know that we're there's smoke, there's fire... or shortly will be

as to his music... kudos.... other dojo users refered to him as the kid with the guitar, something memorable to take away from a martial arts school, innit?

Edited by farcanell

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

And Spade and Meadows are paragons of human kindness? Not even B list performers. 

Seagal is an accomplished musician, surprisingly good. He played a gig in the UK near where I lived and was praised for coming out and talking very naturally with the audience who were queuing outside the venue. Very friendly and certainly didn't come across as self important or obnoxious. 

Seagal did a gig with Carabao at Tawandaeng a few years back. Nothing special but after asking for the chance to play with them, he made quite a lot of demands about what they had to provide. He didn't hang around once he was done but signed a few autographs before jumping into his transport. 

6 hours ago, Moderator01 said:

The next inappropriate post or one violating forum rules will result in a posting suspension. Show respect or don't post,  Please. 

A member is now on a posting suspension. Please,  show respect and abide by forum rules. 

He's a reserve deputy sheriff. Seems more of a real cop than those expats who like to where police gear and para wings here.

I've thought about that as having once been a police volunteer (not tourist police volunteer).

I think they go on the course where you are fitted with a harness, you jump out and paraglide along a cable, just to do it.

I don't think they care about the sort- off-wings.

Then someone says 'you have earned these, stick them on your uniform' and they do it.

I don't think it's a thought out thing, with most of the ordinary police volunteers.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I don't think too many members are jealous of this particular American movie star ( actor would be a stretch). There would probably be less negative comments if Mr Seagal was slightly more modest and less over-inflated with his own sense of self importance.

The man is a caricature but no doubt his condolences are genuine. His respect for the late King is not in question, but he is here to make a commercial movie, albeit not exactly a blockbuster..

I wonder what the reaction would be if great actors from the USA, like  Pacino or De Niro had shown up?

"If ...Pacino or De Niro had shown up"  to the Thai's it would be - WHO?

11 hours ago, BlindMagician said:

B movie...in his dreams...maybe D at best.

Doesn't this guy have a history of befriending hichahors or the like?

I guess he'll run for US President in 4-8 years.

well he would be no worse than the current 2 "running" at the moment.

8 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Entirely depends on whether one's intellect allows one to determine success on other factors aside from financial or monetary. Pith of sense, pride of worth and all that. 

I'd warrant there are more than a few teachers and pensioners living on a budget in Thailand that deserve far more respect than this person.

I wouldn't necessarily say far more, maybe as much might be reasonable.

1.   He's a Deputy Sheriff in Hudspeth County, Texas

2. He was a reserve police officer in  Louisiana

3. Mr Seagal was raised in Japan where he studied Akido and other martial arts and was once married to a Japanese lady. He ran a dojo in Tokyo and do you think Japanese would go to a Gaijin to learn Akido if he wasn't good?

4, Richard Gere , Keanu Reeves and Steven Seagal are all practising Budists who are often seen in Asian clothing and wearing an amulet.

5.  http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/politics/aec/30284534   He didn;t just come over to promote his movie. Clik on URL  He was already over here in April saying he would make 2 movies over here in Thailand and wanted to produce more  foreign films shot in Thailand that could promote the country’s image and boost its film industry, economy and tourism,

6. He has been to Thailand many times (for over 30 years ) and has filmed here before:

OK, here is the Wiki on Seagal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Seagal. I kinda' like his movies, wouldn't pay a single satang to go watch but download OK. He was never certified or commissioned as a law enforcement officer. Having been well acquainted with Louisiana in my younger days, that wasn't and probably still isn't needed. Every bouncer in Louisiana was a Deputy Sheriff and they had no qualms about using the slap jack or just putting a bullet in one. I hope his respects to the King were not business motivated and if not then we all should welcome them regardless of our personal feeling towards Seagal. As an afterthought, when I was in law enforcement nobody wanted volunteers (wanna be's) and I felt the same when working for the USDA Forest Service fighting wildland fires. Especially after the volunteer fire dept. that was to assist us boogied out  and we didn't know the escape route, they did. Wish I had seen them again, we got out with the help of slurry, turned my tanker, and half of me pink...lol.

2 more members warned. If you have issues regarding moderation,  use the PM function.  Do not post in the public thread. 

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Not one of ya's dishing out the crap and bad vibes would say jack to his face...

So he's a little older and there is a bit more of him, so what - Ya'll still looking like Brad Pitt with the Adonis bodies ehh? lol...

Good luck to ya Mr Segal, and thanks for all the great movies and moves you have made in the past and hopefully maybe a few more in the future - Respect!

9 hours ago, farcanell said:

More money, more girls, more plastic surgery ( . Guess)... good on him... but also, worryingly for a human killing machine, whose "sport" preaches calmness.... more temper... look it up on google... some rate him as the worlds seventh worst actor to work with, now that has to say something ... y'all know that we're there's smoke, there's fire... or shortly will be

as to his music... kudos.... other dojo users refered to him as the kid with the guitar, something memorable to take away from a martial arts school, innit?

You're green with envy.