Thai youths dig up dog corpses to eat - then find out the animals had rabies

webfact

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, MiKT said:

why - can't you use a mouse to scroll up a few posts? 

You want me to look at a post which you wrote elsewehere. Fine, I'm happy to do that provided you provide a link to it. Otherwise I won't bother.

6 minutes ago, Xircal said:

You want me to look at a post which you wrote elsewehere. Fine, I'm happy to do that provided you provide a link to it. Otherwise I won't bother.

I couldn't give a monkey's what you look at, but surely you must know that if a poster says say, "post 152", you just scroll to post 152 in the same thread. It ain't rocket science bro.

29 minutes ago, bokningar said:

Don't think there is a vaccine against AIDS, but neutering might help, at least from overpopulating the world :crazy:

Yup, that's the right idea, there's a few on TV I would happily dig out the old blunt razor for.

On 10/26/2016 at 8:58 PM, Toknarok said:

After destroying the dogs and cutting off their heads the corpses should have been incinerated, not simply buried where other dogs, foxes or other animals (including humans) could dig them up. Sheer laziness.

It is permissible to dispose of a small number of carcasses through composting or burial in a designated site, subject to a quarantine perimeter. As I doubt the burial site was in accordance with the protocols  and it obviously wasn't a secured quarantine site, they should have been incinerated as you state. Perhaps someone decided to pocket some money and just dump the bodies. In any case, I have zero sympathy for these idiots,. They probably  steal dogs and kill them on a good day.

On 10/27/2016 at 10:06 AM, Catoni said:

Oh no..... Rabies....  The one disease that makes you act like a zombie for a while...shuffling around, foaming at the mouth making groaning, growling, breathing difficulty noises, trying to attack and bite other people.... and then you die..    

What fools...  Hope they got their shots in time before symptoms started to show...... because once symptoms appear... it's too late.

I think you have 5 to 10 days after the bite to start the shot series.  Two immediately then 2 at 7 days, 2 at 14 days, two in another 3 weeks then two more at 6 months and they all hurt.

On 10/27/2016 at 10:28 AM, callaway said:

Multiple off topic posts about religion and replies have been removed. Topic is about:

Thai youths dig up dog corpses to eat - then find out the animals had rabies 

On 10/27/2016 at 6:58 PM, cardinalblue said:

I think the threat of rabies is the most exaggerated illness in thailand...been here 16 years never seen a rabid dog and count on one hand being chased on my bicycle...ride regularly....

10 minutes of driving, unsafe and high risk behaviors observed all over the place...

foreigners need to better prioritize their hierarchy of complaints...

Think you need to prioritize your reading. Plenty of threads on here where dogs have attacked and injured or killed people. Just one death, maiming or injury is one too many. Every life counts. Just because there aren't thousands dog attacks does not mean we should forget them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2016 at 4:09 PM, The Deerhunter said:

I think you have 5 to 10 days after the bite to start the shot series.  Two immediately then 2 at 7 days, 2 at 14 days, two in another 3 weeks then two more at 6 months and they all hurt.

In humans, symptoms usually develop after 3 - 8 weeks. In some cases, symptoms have appeared as early as 9 days and as long as 7 years after exposure. The length of time depends on a number of factors.

The usual incubation period is proportional to the distance from the portal of entry to the brain, and may vary from several days to years (most commonly 3 to 8 weeks).     The fact remains.... however long before symptoms appear....  once they appear...  it's time to prepare for a funeral. Because once symtoms show.... . it's too late for shots.

Post-exposure prophylaxis of immunocompetent persons who have not been previously immunized with rabies vaccine consists of: local wound treatment; rabies immune globulin (20 IU/kg body weight) given on day 0 with as much as possible infiltrated into and around the wound; and four 1.0 mL IM doses of rabies vaccine given on days 0, 3, 7 and 14. In those who have not previously been immunized, and either are immunocompromised or are taking antimalarial drugs, a fifth dose of vaccine should be given on day 28.

Get the pre-exposure vaccinations to avoid some of that grief.  Three shots.

• Pre-exposure immunization: three 1.0 mL intramuscular (IM) or 0.1 mL intradermal (ID) doses of rabies vaccine given on days 0, 7 and any time between days 21 to 28. Rabies vaccine must never be given into the gluteal muscle due to the risk of a decreased immune response.
  • Post-exposure prophylaxis of persons previously appropriately immunized with rabies vaccine consists of: local wound treatment and two 1.0 mL IM doses of rabies vaccine given on days 0 and 3. Rabies immune globulin should not be given to persons who have previously received appropriate rabies vaccinations.
  •  
  • I received the three pe-exposure shots of Rabies vaccine.  Didn't hurt.  I don't know what you mean by "they all hurt".  Are you more sensitive to pain than most people ?  Needles don't bother me.   Allergy shots, vaccinations against tropical diseases....  regular vaccinations...  whatever..  they don't hurt.   I also donate blood.  And the blood donor needle is much larger than a vaccination needle.  The pain is so minor I can easily ignore it. 
  •     What I found to be just sort of painful, was getting Sak Yant tattoos from a Buddhist monk using Khem Sak, just outside of Chiang Mai.  But even then... I went back for more.

On 11/21/2016 at 9:34 AM, Catoni said:

In humans, symptoms usually develop after 3 - 8 weeks. In some cases, symptoms have appeared as early as 9 days and as long as 7 years after exposure. The length of time depends on a number of factors.

The usual incubation period is proportional to the distance from the portal of entry to the brain, and may vary from several days to years (most commonly 3 to 8 weeks).     The fact remains.... however long before symptoms appear....  once they appear...  it's time to prepare for a funeral. Because once symtoms show.... . it's too late for shots.

Post-exposure prophylaxis of immunocompetent persons who have not been previously immunized with rabies vaccine consists of: local wound treatment; rabies immune globulin (20 IU/kg body weight) given on day 0 with as much as possible infiltrated into and around the wound; and four 1.0 mL IM doses of rabies vaccine given on days 0, 3, 7 and 14. In those who have not previously been immunized, and either are immunocompromised or are taking antimalarial drugs, a fifth dose of vaccine should be given on day 28.

Get the pre-exposure vaccinations to avoid some of that grief.  Three shots.

• Pre-exposure immunization: three 1.0 mL intramuscular (IM) or 0.1 mL intradermal (ID) doses of rabies vaccine given on days 0, 7 and any time between days 21 to 28. Rabies vaccine must never be given into the gluteal muscle due to the risk of a decreased immune response.
  • Post-exposure prophylaxis of persons previously appropriately immunized with rabies vaccine consists of: local wound treatment and two 1.0 mL IM doses of rabies vaccine given on days 0 and 3. Rabies immune globulin should not be given to persons who have previously received appropriate rabies vaccinations.
  •  
  • I received the three pe-exposure shots of Rabies vaccine.  Didn't hurt.  I don't know what you mean by "they all hurt".  Are you more sensitive to pain than most people ?  Needles don't bother me.   Allergy shots, vaccinations against tropical diseases....  regular vaccinations...  whatever..  they don't hurt.   I also donate blood.  And the blood donor needle is much larger than a vaccination needle.  The pain is so minor I can easily ignore it. 
  •     What I found to be just sort of painful, was getting Sak Yant tattoos from a Buddhist monk using Khem Sak, just outside of Chiang Mai.  But even then... I went back for more.

How do I know it hurts?  Everyone including my wife who got bitten & did the course last month said they hurt (except you), but all sorts of variables can come into it, I guess.   Her injection sites were all very sore, at and straight after the shots each time. She could barely move both her arms with any comfort for several hours.  This seems more or less typical of others in Thailand who do the series, but preferable to dying of rabies.  The frequencies I quote are as given to her for her treatment schedule.  One more set for her in March April 2017.    This treatment schedule is different from what it says on the internet, but TIT and this is what they did for (or to) her, last month

19 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

How do I know it hurts?  Everyone including my wife who got bitten & did the course last month said they hurt (except you), but all sorts of variables can come into it, I guess.   Her injection sites were all very sore, at and straight after the shots each time. She could barely move both her arms with any comfort for several hours.  This seems more or less typical of others in Thailand who do the series, but preferable to dying of rabies.  The frequencies I quote are as given to her for her treatment schedule.  One more set for her in March April 2017.    This treatment schedule is different from what it says on the internet, but TIT and this is what they did for (or to) her, last month

Non of my injections hurt and none of my family complained it hurt when I made them all have the 3 anti-rabies injections.

I think the last injection that made my arm ache a bit was an anti-typhoid booster, or it might have been a flu shot. Not enough to say it hurt really.

Some people are allergic to the vaccines and they should do a test first, but they don't. Better than being dead though.

Just now, MiKT said:

Non of my injections hurt and none of my family complained it hurt when I made them all have the 3 anti-rabies injections.

I think the last injection that made my arm ache a bit was an anti-typhoid booster, or it might have been a flu shot. Not enough to say it hurt really.

Some people are allergic to the vaccines and they should do a test first, but they don't. Better than being dead though.

We all have different threshold of pain.

Personally, I've never yet had a jab that wasn't painful - either here or in the UK.

14 minutes ago, MiKT said:

Same same... rabies and yellow fever injections.... no side effects, other than a little prick

54 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Personally, I've never yet had a jab that wasn't painful - either here or in the UK.

Then you are not a very tough Darsted.

555 sorry, just keep wimping along.

58 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

My experience has been the same. Also, whenever I have blood taken the blood taker will invariably remark that my skin is tough and its difficult to get the needle in.

On 10/27/2016 at 8:22 AM, cardinalblue said:

McDonald's far and few between in Isaan and non-existent in villages away from a main city...too expensive for villagers...

up up there last week...Kansas 100 hundred years ago?

Maybe they should eat cake instead?