the best pizza of my life

logon1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, balo said:

Why are you still talking about Duke's ? Can anyone mention an Italian pizzeria in CM , with Italian owners ? We have plenty of them in Pattaya and Hua Hin

2GETHER BAR Italian Chef and Best Pizza in Chiang Mai Voted 2 years in a Row 

19 hours ago, puukao said:

The ONLY pizza I ever liked in Thailand was from Duke's...

So when I saw this thread, I thought, "95% it will be about Duke's pizza"

I have to admit, it's probably the best pizza in Chiangmai...

Yes, I am paid 50 million by pizza companies to promote their product....

Most of the Dukes fans Have NEVER TRIED ANYWHERE else, they stick to the Dukes because they think its the best because they have been eating there for years.

During those years when little else was available and Dukes was all there was THEN all of a sudden Pizza and burger  joints started popping up ALL OVER CHIANG MAI,

The Dukes had a monopoly since it was pretty much the only show in town for Burgers and Pizza 

Now there are MANY MORE way better than places than the Dukes, but the old DINOSAUR Duke Customers never come out of their stuck in the mud position and dont go and try the new places and still insist THE DUKES ARE THE GREATEST they still come onto threads touting how good Dukes is, but the truth is, they were the King of Pizzas and Burgers for many years but those that have a clue know NOW THEY HAVE DROPPED DOWN many spots with all the new places to choose from.

You Old Dinosaurs should at least give some of the other places a try so you can actually know what TF you are talking about 

Edited by DiamondKing

7 hours ago, cmtg1 said:

Well let me understand. You have over twenty two thousand contributions CM so you must have some sense of curiosity about what goes on around you. You've asked probing questions in many of of your 22,166 postings and you contributions while not being apocryphal show a degree of awareness SO how after eating in the same place for a dozen years  are you not the east bit curious about who is responsible for putting food in front of you. Do you spend the entire time looking down at your smart phone.

Goodness but this is getting boring! OUT.

On 10/30/2016 at 1:09 PM, DiamondKing said:

Most of the Dukes fans Have NEVER TRIED ANYWHERE else, they stick to the Dukes because they think its the best because they have been eating there for years.

During those years when little else was available and Dukes was all there was THEN all of a sudden Pizza and burger  joints started popping up ALL OVER CHIANG MAI,

The Dukes had a monopoly since it was pretty much the only show in town for Burgers and Pizza 

Now there are MANY MORE way better than places than the Dukes, but the old DINOSAUR Duke Customers never come out of their stuck in the mud position and dont go and try the new places and still insist THE DUKES ARE THE GREATEST they still come onto threads touting how good Dukes is, but the truth is, they were the King of Pizzas and Burgers for many years but those that have a clue know NOW THEY HAVE DROPPED DOWN many spots with all the new places to choose from.

You Old Dinosaurs should at least give some of the other places a try so you can actually know what TF you are talking about 

can you give me a few names to try.....

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:21 PM, Rob13 said:

I always wanted to know what a real I talian pizza (in Italy) was like.  Anybody had one?

Yes, simply divine, but all pizza in Italy is not on the same par, Naples would seem to be the forerunner for producing the best , refer post 69 in this thread.

6 hours ago, puukao said:

can you give me a few names to try.....

If you bother to read the thread we have already mentioned at least 3 places , it's on my to do list .

I already have a scanner on my PC; I'm at home on my own time without company to entertain and without other pressing things to do; I wanted to provide proof to a discussion rather than be seen potentially as somebody who just cam along to support, it took all of thirty seconds to complete:

So yes, why not, what was I supposed to do run out and buy a 4G phone, just to make you happy! Ha!!!

What's wrong with using a camera?

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Definitely, more messier and greasier on your fingers.  Good point.  However, I'm pretty sure they serve silverware.  Lastly, some Countries  around the world eat pizza and/or french fries with forks.

They're called civilised countries.

I miss Pattaya , at least you can find a decent Italian pizza in many places there, and the owners are Italians. And not too expensive.   All we are left with in CM is Dukes if you want something decent. 

Utter nonsense.

There are 3 or 4 Italian ran restaurants in CM that do excellent pizzas.

Why are you still talking about Duke's ? Can anyone mention an Italian pizzeria in CM , with Italian owners ? We have plenty of them in Pattaya and Hua Hin

Why Not? Nimman Soi 13 and 11. The boss man is called Emmidio (sp) and very Italian.

Derogatory post Removed. Forum Rule -

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Although the pizza at Duke's is excellent I also have had a great pizza at a place in Luang Prabang called Pizza Phan Luang run by a Canadian guy and his Lao wife.   Another great pizza was had at Pizza Hut last month on a visit to the USA.     And finally a decent pizza was had at Pistrami on Rye in Pattaya.     You will note that Pistrami  on Rye also cuts their pizza in squares.

Luang Prabang Oct 2014 184.JPG

Luang Prabang Oct 2014 186.JPG

USA Trip Aug Sept 2016 488.JPG

Jan 2015 Khao Yai, Jazz, Misc 046.JPG

Edited by Spaniel
add additional info

Come on, people!  There are 70 places listed under "pizza" for restaurants in Chiang Mai on Trip Advisor.  Now admittedly, it seems that TripAdvisor has a separate listing for each of the Duke's locations, but still that leaves something like 65 other places that serve pizza in Chiang Mai.  

Do we need to talk about great pizza in Laos, Italy and Pattaya?  What about Chiang Mai?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293917-Chiang_Mai.html

As for Dukes Italiano is my selection. Certainly not Pizza of my Life. Certified Margherita Pizza in Seoul pretty close. Recently been advised to try Street Pizza&Wine House on Thapae rd.

I hear New Haven CT Pizza is something to be experienced, it is based on the real thing.

Edited by Dipterocarp

Come on, people!  There are 70 places listed under "pizza" for restaurants in Chiang Mai on Trip Advisor.  Now admittedly, it seems that TripAdvisor has a separate listing for each of the Duke's locations, but still that leaves something like 65 other places that serve pizza in Chiang Mai.  

Do we need to talk about great pizza in Laos, Italy and Pattaya?  What about Chiang Mai?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293917-Chiang_Mai.html

What is interesting is to find out which of them are up the best Italian pizza we know from Europe.. Tripadvisor will give you a clue . But it's always nice to hear about other peoples experiences.

I recently tried Giotto in Mechok plaza , Thai owners but they claim to make authentic Italian pizzas. It was a good try but still far away from the real deal. I don't think I will be back for another one.

STOP THE PRESSES!   Have just read about Yum China (Pizza Hut) and their chinese specialty, The Durian Pizza. 

I've gotta try it.  Has anyone in CM seen such a delight offered?  

Hey Duke's.  Here is your golden opportunity to increase your market share.  Should go well in Maya as NH area is flooded with the folks from china. Get with the future and go Durian.

post discussing Moderation, and quoted replies, Removed

Forum Rule -

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

For all you Dukes Dinosaurs here is a list of just a few different Pizza places offering a variety of different style pizzas GET OUT AND TRY them then come back and tell me the Dukes are still the best hahahaha Dukes have no chance 

Casa Restaurant in the old city
Croco Pizza
Omkoi riverside Bakery authentic Napoli Pizza 
2Gether Bar & Restaurant Italian Chef and Voted Best Pizza in CM 2 years in a row DELETED
Antonio Restaurant
Why Not Nimman -Italian Chef 
Adirak Pizza 
Italics Restaurant
Papa Rocks voted best thick crust Pizza 2015  DELETED
Yummy Pizza 
By Hand Pizza

Edited by seedy
Derogatory