7-Eleven dumps AIS services

snoop1130

1 hour ago, kentrot said:

I have a Thai bank account and 10 years ago I got my account set up to  open  ONLINE.

It was still new back then and TONS of paperwork. But,  well worth it not to have to wait in lineups at the bank.

So to this issue of AIS - you must:

(A) get your bank account open online

(B) go down to AIS and have your pay-as-you-go card changed to a monthly billing account mailed to your house/apartment  

(C) Use that info to add a bill payment on your online banking.

It all sounds complicated. And being Thailand it is much more convoluted than it should be to start.

But then ... once a month , click-click -click ... bill paid ... & in the comfort of your own home. 

Ummm why bother with all that mess of changing to post pay when when logging into your internet bank to pay your monthly bill takes exactly the same time to do a top up.

but goood luck just popping down to AIS and swapping over to post pay, its such an easy pain free task..... bwahahahahahahaa.

Also for the first 3 months (or is it 6 ?) you are limited in phone usage as they place a credit cap on the account.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

So why haven't the CP group kicked DTAC out of their 7/11 shops?

Because if you believe what a certain few have posted in this thread CP has no say in the matter at all, what is and isn't stocked in Thailand 7/11's is controlled by the Parent company in Japan.

3 minutes ago, Stray said:

If you use the link posted by Rob13 (post #4), you don't even have to do that as you can set up automatic, monthly top-up.

https://mobiletopup.com/

Why ?

I have to log into my online banking to pay others bills on the 1st of every month so spending an extra few moment to top up my phone is no bother and also its not giving any of my details to a 3rd party.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Why ?

I have to log into my online banking to pay others bills on the 1st of every month so spending an extra few moment to top up my phone is no bother and also its not giving any of my details to a 3rd party.

To save yourself "30 extra seconds."

1 minute ago, Mangostin said:

If he's already logged in and has previously saved a template, that would be more like an extra 3 seconds....

Only going from Don Mega's quote in post #20:

"1st of every month I log into my internet banking to pay rent/make car payments so the extra 30 seconds to throw some money on the phone is just the same as paying a phone bill anyways."

18 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Because they wanted a higher percent of the sales it seems. Hard to say who will lose more money out of this. 711 doesn't get the 4% but AIS loses an insane amount of locations. I am on True but given the location of a 711 to my condo and nothing else very close I would switch to True based on just that. 

On the other hand I usually top on online so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't really see a winner here.

Exactly, I see no reason to visit the 7-11 in relation to my AIS telephone whatsoever. Do all top-ups from the phone itself. Just use the 7-11 for the odd bottle of beer or can of tuna!

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Nothing like a monopoly to deliver on free enterprise, right?

The  problem is this, there is the occasional good  Mom and Pop store but  mosts  service is  not good, old stock, out of date stock, not in stock, so CP come along and clean up by being fairly  efficient, unfortunately then the side effect is instead of Mom and Pop upping there game they close down then the  monopoly begins.

Good, as long as FamilyMart still seels 1-2 top ups; i'm glad 7/11 is dropping the service because their stores are always too crowded anyways.  not every store has to sell every service it's better if a few drop out so i can get a cofe or banana bread w/o having to wait for all these people paying bills!  

1 hour ago, Stray said:

To save yourself "30 extra seconds."

how ?

to make a top up payment it is 2 mouse clicks, type in amount,another mouse click, wait for OTP to arrive on my phone,type in OTP and then one final mouse click.

paying a post pay account will take exactly the same time.

Hence all the red tape and aggravation  to convert from  pre-pay to postpay in my opinion a waste of my time.

I got an SMS from AIS this morning listing all of the bank ATMs that you can use to top up.  I use BBL on line to do mine, direct deduction from my account, takes abut 20 seconds.

4 hours ago, MaiDong said:

I just tried this and the service fee for a B200 top-up is B20, no thanks, what an ugly rip-off!

I just topped off yesterday; there was no service charge.Are you sure it's not your bank that's charging you the service fee?  

Edited by Rob13

53 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

how ?

to make a top up payment it is 2 mouse clicks, type in amount,another mouse click, wait for OTP to arrive on my phone,type in OTP and then one final mouse click.

First you have to save a template (pre-compiled form) with all the info necessary for this transaction, using your internet banking's page, things as the telephone number you would like to top up, amount, etc, once you have done that, you save it and the next time you just do a simple click on it rather than inserting over and over the same info again, i believe there is also an option to disable the OTP for this, but i can't remember exactly where it was as i did it many years ago.

14 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

I just topped off yesterday; there was no service charge.Are you sure it's not your bank that's charging you the service fee?  

I've also tried it and they wanted 16.3 baht for a 100 baht top up by using Pay Pal. 

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Because if you believe what a certain few have posted in this thread CP has no say in the matter at all, what is and isn't stocked in Thailand 7/11's is controlled by the Parent company in Japan.

Don Mega: '...CP has no say in the matter at all...' are you serious? IMO, it's just a small part of the assortment the 7/11 mother concern has contractually kept the right to exert control over (but do they make use of it...?), for some goods it's on brand presence level, for others it's on specific articles to be present. 

5 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

I've also tried it and they wanted 16.3 baht for a 100 baht top up by using Pay Pal. 

Yeah, Paypal's a rippoff. Good for Ebay that's about it IMHO. Try using  a CC or your bank card.

9 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Here's what I call BREAD. 

Real bread.jpg

9 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Here's what I call BREAD. 

Real bread.jpg

Where I stay, Family Mart sources (some of) the bread references it sells from a local bakery, and it's not bad IMO, while Tops has some excellent (yes, really) breads, which are not overly expensive either... 

16 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Which Thai didn't in some way, when not fed by anything Shins related...

The uprising/sedition with the intend to use violence against an elecred government to overthrow it is considered treason in most countries. It doesnt matter if you like the government or not its still treason. Only in the minds of those filled with hate are treason justified by the ghost of the Shins. The wheel are however round and its turning.

23 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

First you have to save a template (pre-compiled form) with all the info necessary for this transaction, using your internet banking's page, things as the telephone number you would like to top up, amount, etc, once you have done that, you save it and the next time you just do a simple click on it rather than inserting over and over the same info again, i believe there is also an option to disable the OTP for this, but i can't remember exactly where it was as i did it many years ago.

yeah my number is saved under the "top up" button. I still need to type in the desired amount I want to top up and still need to type the OTP.

If I was post pay I would still need to do exactly the same.

And who in their right mind would disable the OTP ?

Edited by Don Mega

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

yeah my number is saved under the "top up" button. I still need to type in the desired amount I want to top up and still need to type the OTP.

If I was post pay I would still need to do exactly the same.

And who in their right mind would disable the OTP ?

Again, there IS an option to disable the OTP code, just for a number of YOUR choice.

Probably someone which in its right mind would like to avoid wasting time in a security measure that ask you to request a code and then insert it back every time you want to top up YOUR own phone with the same amount.....ohh dear

29 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Again, there IS an option to disable the OTP code, just for a number of YOUR choice.

Probably someone which in its right mind would like to avoid wasting time in a security measure that ask you to request a code and then insert it back every time you want to top up YOUR own phone with the same amount.....ohh dear

yeah ok mate you win, iam doing it all wrong.

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

yeah ok mate you win, iam doing it all wrong.

Sorry but to me that's not a competition, i am just trying to be helpful, so you can use your saved spare time into doing other stuff, as for example coming here on TV to suggest that other posters willing to help you out are just insane, which might be correct after all....:crazy: