Poster of the year competition

upside

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jingthing will win it.He's like Hilary Clinton, he has connections everywhere, and the ballot boxes sometimes vanish for a few minutes. Nancy and her infamous cat are the only contenders, with perhaps Transam as a dark horse, and a few years ago, there was a promising young candidate, but he disappeared after a few men in black paid him a visit.

The current title holder has the media in his pocket, and he's not about to let anyone take away his crown.

Maybe we need categories, like the Oscars.

Best Informational

Best Humorous

Best Crazy

Best Troll

Best Intellectual

Best 'Aluminum Foil Hat' wearing

Best 'Seriously you actually said that out loud'

Best Angry White Man

Best Empathic

Best Thailand Hater

Best Farangland Hater

The list is endless, feel free to add....

Edited by GinBoy2

Jingthing will win it.He's like Hilary Clinton, he has connections everywhere, and the ballot boxes sometimes vanish for a few minutes. Nancy and her infamous cat are the only contenders, with perhaps Transam as a dark horse, and a few years ago, there was a promising young candidate, but he disappeared after a few men in black paid him a visit.

The current title holder has the media in his pocket, and he's not about to let anyone take away his crown.

Who is the current titleholder?

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

Nancy L made a spirited attempt to dethrone JT, but although she has the northern vote, the rich elite were never going to let a cat loving CM resident win the coveted TVPOTY Award.

There are rumours online that wikileaks is about to reveal confidential emails that are connected with the mysterious disappearance of Nancy's cat a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

How is it decided? People vote.

What do they get? Laughed at.

Oh much more than that Sir! The winner gets to be involved in underhand activities where large amounts of money change hands, and the voting is done by a poll thread. The security is dubious, and Nancy L has hinted that there might have been some ballot box interference, but nothing can be proven. I'm sure JT will be along shortly to confirm all this.

Nancy L made a spirited attempt to dethrone JT, but although she has the northern vote, the rich elite were never going to let a cat loving CM resident win the coveted TVPOTY Award.

There are rumours online that wikileaks is about to reveal confidential emails that are connected with the mysterious disappearance of Nancy's cat a few years ago.

Might be better if you did check last year's result, JT wasn't entered.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

That must have been due to his modesty, as I cannot imagine JT not making the cut. He probably feels that the limelight is for others, and prefers to be in the background, quietly going about making the world a better place for us all. Bless him!

Since the demographics of Thailand Expats are heavily skewed toward dirty old men, the hurdles incumbent on members of the fair gender seeking glory and accolades seem pretty unfair.

I propose a King and Queen of the Posters.  (or, one year it may have been the Queen and Queen, but that's getting too convoluted)

Edited by impulse

1 minute ago, backagain11 said:

I propose for Ron19 and geronimo to get a room and figure it all out. :-)

Ron19 is a Mod, he has figured everything out! The 19 isn't his age, it's how many times he's been round the world.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Is "'round the world" a euphemism?

Unfortunately, I am not that familiar with Ron19 to answer that question, but looking at his post count and avatar, I'd say he's seen his share of lamp posts.

2 hours ago, geronimo said:

Unfortunately, I am not that familiar with Ron19 to answer that question, but looking at his post count and avatar, I'd say he's seen his share of lamp posts.

The post count is only half of what it was, around the same amount disappeared when one thread I started vanished off the face of the earth during the forum upgrade.

5 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

The post count is only half of what it was, around the same amount disappeared when one thread I started vanished off the face of the earth during the forum upgrade.

And there was me thinking you had one way or another "earned" double the likes compared to your post count.