Poster of the year competition

upside

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, geronimo said:

IMPORTANT TVPOTY BULLETIN

Reuters have just issued the latest update on the much awaited, up and coming Poster of the Year Awards.

JTs spokespeople announced that he won't be running this year, as he needs to focus on his 100k post party. Rumour has it that he is hiring Toad's Island off the Thai coast and the event will make the full moon gatherings look like a vicar's tea party. Those lucky enough to receive an invite will be picked up on a Pattaya jet ski (slightly damaged) and whisked off to the luxury party setting. The guests will be given clappy hands and are expected to drool and sigh every time JT speaks.

Aside from the traditional 100,000 post speech, all of the members that “liked” a JT post have been summoned together and they will be arriving separately in a small van.

Nancy L has been attending classes concerning being a nicer person, however the lecturer quite rightly pointed out that she couldn’t get any nicer and more PC than she is now. He suggested this year, she change her image somewhat, a drugs scandal, or perhaps some infidelity, so she can draw from the middle of the road voters.

Transam attended secret singing lessons with Miley Cyrus (that’s another story) and is said to be considering putting 4 V8 engines into a Tuk Tuk and going for the Malaysian GP. His PR team explained that he is now a much more mellow person, after his 3 month visit to Colorado. He will no doubt follow his traditional path of sitting on the fence until the very last minute, before launching his push.

Toad has always dreamed of winning this award, but being in the very large shadow of JT, it must remain a dream. Over the years, JT has bought everything that Toad owned, and with the constant threat of revealing what happened with the rabbit and the corkscrew, the main man has Toad firmly in his grasp.

Soi Biker comes across as an intellectual that likes physical exercise, and can be seen on his soi bike if you can get past security. His elusive wife was born in dear old Blighty, which makes him the third person ever to bring their wife with them to Thailand. Conrats on that one. When asked about his forward thinking views on current events, he simply replied, “I’m sorry, but I’m not a backward guy”.

When asked what would be the first thing he’d do if he won, he replied without hesitation, “I’d ban the list of 1,487 users that I dislike”.

Village Farang made a late surge in 2015, so expect to see some razzamattazz from his corner. Word has it he is doing some renovation to his northern castle, and is far too happy to consider anything negative. His main supporters were handing out leaflets yesterday explaining why VF’s life philosophy is so good – Strive to Live and Strive to Give! The bank account details for the fund are on the back, he also accepts credit cards too.

Possum lodged a complaint with the commission that he wasn’t getting a mention in the minutes, and was told to ask Edna about this. In the popularity stakes, Possum has leapt up the ratings due to his generous and compassionate manner, and he is expected to play on the sentiments of the voters, especially in the final stages.

JLC is the dark horse this year, and little is known about this mysterious candidate. There was talk of him owning a million bison, most of which lived with him in his Manhattan Apartment. He has a very upbeat attitude and doesn’t take fools kindly, and when asked what his first action would be if he were to win, he smiles wryly and said, “Absolutely nothing”

The left wing are said to be leaning towards this happy go lucky playboy, and with the mature hippy vote secured, he could spring a surprise.

Good news - SB has found his long lost umbrella & was seen dining out with his wife - enjoying a nice BKK rainy day dinner....

FB_IMG_1477751980255.jpg

30 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

In reply to what Soi Biker might say, I bet that I would be one of them.

How'd that happen? That banned user comment ^ above  wasn't mine.....

Edited by pgrahmm

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

How'd that happen? That banned user comment ^ above  wasn't mine.....

I don't know, there are still a few gremlins in the new forum layout although I'm liking it better now.

But I only answered the post.

42 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Why ban anyone? It's just the internet. Don't take it too seriously.

Everyone takes the POTY seriously. As Bill Shankly might have said, it's far more important than life or death.

I think you have a good chance of winning, but suspect you'd benefit from an image makeover. Perhaps you should develop a harder, meaner streak. You may wish to stop mentioning your (non-existent) wife, for example, and focus instead on your Foreign Legion tattoos. 

25 minutes ago, Patsycat said:

As usual, i was forgotten!!  I got up to 4th or 5th place last year.  Then i asked to be withdrawn.

I can still see that pic of Mr NancyL and Mr Bitey in my mind!!

When NancyL started posting photos of her husband stroking her pussy it was "game over" for the other competitors.

Transam posted some pics of his gorgeous missus, but it was too little too late.

4 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Clearly my unwillingness to exploit either my spouse or my cat for internet points hurt my chances last time around.

Ha!

Donald Trump doubted Obama's credentials and became known as a BIRTHER.

Messrs. JL Crab and PGraham clearly doubt the existence of your wife. I shall refer to these gentlemen as WIFERS.

IMO, the wifer movement could develop such impetus that it not only dents your credibility but also robs you of the internet's most valuable prize.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Beware of the wifers.

Would you like a campaign manager?