FBI reopens probe into Hillary Clinton's emails

rooster59

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

Rudy Giuliani in an interview this afternoon listed 16 items under which he said he would be able to successfully prosecute.

Newt Gingrich said that the Clinton organisation falls within The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act  - the same standards applied to organised crime syndicates:giggle:

Fortunately, Rudi will never, ever hold another elected or appointed office. His political career, although over for many years, is now destined for late night Fox News segments about UFOs Hillary has unleashed. If Rudi ever had an ounce of credibility, that's long gone as Trump's ball sack carrier. 

If you're taking solace in Rudi's and Newt's interpretation of RICO statutes, the election day is going to be a big disappointment. :hit-the-fan:

But don't let me rain on your parade. I'm just always amazed at how delusional so many trumpeteers remain. It's over.

3 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

• Always with the distortions and distractions. It is a list of Trump's policies, which is what he asked for. :whistling:

Sorry, I just assumed everything with a Breitbart link is wrong

15 minutes ago, elephant45 said:

Get rid of Obama Care

Is that enough?

Getting rid of the ACA leaves millions of people uninsured.  Could you explain how that makes America great?

Also, you don't seem to know what Common Core is.

1 minute ago, attrayant said:

Nobody's questioning that.  The question is why make a huge stink now when we know absolutely nothing, and likely won't know for many weeks.

Moreover, as reported in the WSJ today, Comey told the DOJ he was going to do this, and they said no, that is improper.  He did it anyway, and furthermore, acknowledged that he had no idea what was in those emails.  Clearly just the intimation would and has influenced voters.

Amazingly brazen and welcome the J. Edgar Hoover II - King Builder.

None of the things listed will make America great again and here is why.

1.  He wants to lower tax rates for the rich massively instead of raising them for the rich and lowering them for the middle class and poor- 

2.  His taxing of products returning to the US will simply cause Americans to have to pay more raising inflation to a level not manageable by the middle class and poor-  simply better to repatriate the money held abroad by using a low tax rate and use the money to rebuild American infrastructure.

3. Stop illegal immigration- how- by building a wall and deporting 11 million people- never will work and cause massive disruption in American industry and force police to become Immigration officers- better to reform the Immigration law and provide a work visa -Americ needs foreign labor.

4. Common Core- Education should be left to the States to run- the Federal Government should only monitor-  Trump may have a good idea on this one.

5.  Getting rid of Obamacare and replace it with what?  Trump has no plan on this. Obamacare needs to evolve into a single payer system run just like medicare.  Trump would never allow this because wealthy insurance companies and Big Pharma would not get there outrageous cut.

I will give you 1 out of 5 on this. Nowhere near enough to make America great or even average. 

Here are 6 things Clinton will do to make America great:

1.  Provide free college tuition- which will help the poor and middle class and throw off the yolk of students becoming indebted to the federal government for 20 years and banks collecting interest off  the loans

2.  Reform Immigration- providing a plan to allow foreign labor in legally with proper Visas and bringing current illegals out of the shadows and onto the tax roles.

3.  Reform the tax code- which is currently 75,000 pages of tax laws which no one understands including the IRS. She will close the wealthy loopholes- raise the rates on the wealthy and lower them on the middle class and poor. She will use the excess to pay down the national debt and rebuild America's crumbling infrastructure.

4.  She will take Obamacare and reform it- replacing penalties with incentives such as a single payer option run by Medicare which will stop the ridiculous rise in health costs and put insurance companies and Big Pharma on notice- that  Americans have another choice.

5.She will lower the defense budget which is the highest in the World at $632 Billion dollars and eliminate most of the useless 25 intelligence agencies costing more billions of dollars. This will allow a shift in American foreign policy away from being the policeman of the World to a more reasonable and affordable  foreign policy.

6. She will mandate a raise in the federal minimum age from its current $7.25 per hour (which is not a living wage) to around $15.00 per hour which will immediately help the poor in America to stop being poor and be able to live like a human being with a future.

All of these things will make America great again because they are all doable and positive and none of them enhance the 1% over the 99%. The greatest threat to America is the gross uneven distribution of wealth  which would be maintained under a Trump administration.

My dislike of Donald Trump is not based upon his vile temperament; his alleged philandering; or even his unethical behavior- it is simply because he has no plan to do what he says he wants to do.  His programs would set America back- not make it great. Hillary at least has an agenda which put Americans in a better way than they are at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Nobody's questioning that.  The question is why make a huge stink now when we know absolutely nothing, and likely won't know for many weeks.

Because Comey should have recommended a Grand Jury the first time. He does not want to make the same mistake twice.

12 hours ago, Publicus said:

Bernstein is his own best publicist. Always has been.

Said last year Trump is "fascism"

Google it: Bernstein says Trump is fascism." Bernstein just met himself on his way back again.

"  Watergate provides a model case study of the interaction and powers of each of the branches of government. It also is a morality play with a sad and dramatic ending ":sad:

Bob Woodward

20 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Because Comey should have recommended a Grand Jury the first time. He does not want to make the same mistake twice.

That would interesting: A Federal Grand Jury in Washington DC where in 2012 B. Obama had 90+% of the vote to indict Hillary Clinton post elected President.

The FBI is not going to be able to complete the investigation in the next 10 days. Any partial release of detail will only further inflame partisan passions one way or another. If this is all we get between now and the election, where does that leave us?  Yes, the email scandal stays in the news, but Trump's supporters kept this issue alive anyway. If Comey's memo is seen as unfair innuendo against Clinton this could cast her in a sympathetic light. Also, this element of uncertainty so close to Election Day will have an energizing impact on Democratic get out the vote efforts. This could actually turn into a positive for Clinton. Clinton's call for release of full details is certainly encouraging.

4 hours ago, keemapoot said:

Having said the above, I still find it highly shocking that Comey would act in such an unorthodox, J. Edgar Hoover, King-maker role. It is out of character for him, and there has to be a back story about why he has done this highly irrational act (for him).

I truly believe Comey is trying to cover his behind and is acting very insecure. I don't think he has a political agenda beyond making sure he stays in his position as FBI Director. His tentative and kowtowing behavior shows his insecurities under pressure. He seems to be up against his own lack of proper judgement and should take a hard look at himself.

36 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Hey, this isn't a Fed announcement. There's no political timetable for the prosecution of crime. I was actually surprised the FBI made their previous announcements regarding Clinton's email servers prior to the election. Bureauocracies work on their own timetables.

8 hours ago, Steely Dan said:

Gambling is illegal in Thailand, but if I were forced to speculate on a future event it would be Anonymous releasing the 33K missing emails,

now that the FBI have reopened the investigation.

Of course you are wrong. FACT.

The F.B.I. did not reopen the investigation.

You are simply displaying your ignorance on the matter.

33 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

None of the things listed will make America great again and here is why.

1.  He wants to lower tax rates for the rich massively instead of raising them for the rich and lowering them for the middle class and poor- 

2.  His taxing of products returning to the US will simply cause Americans to have to pay more raising inflation to a level not manageable by the middle class and poor-  simply better to repatriate the money held abroad by using a low tax rate and use the money to rebuild American infrastructure.

3. Stop illegal immigration- how- by building a wall and deporting 11 million people- never will work and cause massive disruption in American industry and force police to become Immigration officers- better to reform the Immigration law and provide a work visa -Americ needs foreign labor.

4. Common Core- Education should be left to the States to run- the Federal Government should only monitor-  Trump may have a good idea on this one.

5.  Getting rid of Obamacare and replace it with what?  Trump has no plan on this. Obamacare needs to evolve into a single payer system run just like medicare.  Trump would never allow this because wealthy insurance companies and Big Pharma would not get there outrageous cut.

I will give you 1 out of 5 on this. Nowhere near enough to make America great or even average. 

Here are 6 things Clinton will do to make America great:

1.  Provide free college tuition- which will help the poor and middle class and throw off the yolk of students becoming indebted to the federal government for 20 years and banks collecting interest off  the loans

2.  Reform Immigration- providing a plan to allow foreign labor in legally with proper Visas and bringing current illegals out of the shadows and onto the tax roles.

3.  Reform the tax code- which is currently 75,000 pages of tax laws which no one understands including the IRS. She will close the wealthy loopholes- raise the rates on the wealthy and lower them on the middle class and poor. She will use the excess to pay down the national debt and rebuild America's crumbling infrastructure.

4.  She will take Obamacare and reform it- replacing penalties with incentives such as a single payer option run by Medicare which will stop the ridiculous rise in health costs and put insurance companies and Big Pharma on notice- that  Americans have another choice.

5.She will lower the defense budget which is the highest in the World at $632 Billion dollars and eliminate most of the useless 25 intelligence agencies costing more billions of dollars. This will allow a shift in American foreign policy away from being the policeman of the World to a more reasonable and affordable  foreign policy.

6. She will mandate a raise in the federal minimum age from its current $7.25 per hour (which is not a living wage) to around $15.00 per hour which will immediately help the poor in America to stop being poor and be able to live like a human being with a future.

All of these things will make America great again because they are all doable and positive and none of them enhance the 1% over the 99%. The greatest threat to America is the gross uneven distribution of wealth  which would be maintained under a Trump administration.

My dislike of Donald Trump is not based upon his vile temperament; his alleged philandering; or even his unethical behavior- it is simply because he has no plan to do what he says he wants to do.  His programs would set America back- not make it great. Hillary at least has an agenda which put Americans in a better way than they are at the moment. 

Then you should vote for him, because he doesn't have have a hope in hell of implementing any one of those things you've outlined.

Apart from what FBI investigators may know, ere is what is actually known about the discovered email by the rest of us:

• The new batch of emails is from a laptop that Clinton aide Huma Abedin shared with her husband, former Congressman Anthony Weiner.
  • The FBI came upon them because they’re investigating Weiner’s reported sexting of an underage girl, not anything related to the Clintons.
  • The FBI doesn’t seem to even really know what’s on the new emails yet. They could well be duplicative of emails the bureau has already examined.
  • It's now known if any come from or were sent to Hillary Clinton (This last point I reworded to avoid violating fair use ru
  • http://www.vox.com/2016/10/29/13465426/fbi-clinton-emails-comey-criticism

15 hours ago, CWMcMurray said:

No idea why you are being rude to me or calling me a Trump supporter

The only candidate that I actually supported was Bernie Sanders

I do agree with you that is almost certain that Hillary will win

Although still stand by my comments that she will go into the white house terribly damaged and just because she wins the presidency it doesn't mean that all this will end

Will likely be 4 years more of all this nonsense and no real chance for country to progress.

Please explain to me again why she is a better candidate for America than Bernie Sanders?

And before you say it.. I know that ship has sailed , but just because this is where we are doesn't mean it is a good thing .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

"Please explain to me again why she is a better candidate for America than Bernie Sanders?"

It's not about who WAS a better candidate, but about who IS the candidate.

Sanders is out of the race. He lost. Get over it.

Sanders might not have generated the same level of support on a national level.

15 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Left-wing spin. There is no way the FBI would be bringing this up 11 days before the election, unless it was a burger with extra BEEF.

Bearing in mind previous statements by the same FBI, with regard to the same investigation - it seems posters (not necessarily yourself) belief in conspiracies and underhand actions is somewhat circumstantial.

19 minutes ago, Silurian said:

I truly believe Comey is trying to cover his behind and is acting very insecure. I don't think he has a political agenda beyond making sure he stays in his position as FBI Director. His tentative and kowtowing behavior shows his insecurities under pressure. He seems to be up against his own lack of proper judgement and should take a hard look at himself.

If Comey has done this all on his own, with his own risk-calculation process he has truly erred. He will never make either side happy now, nor ever. He will always be seen as Clinton's and AG Lynch's lackey by the far right for not pursuing the grand jury in the first place, and if after these latest emails amount to nothing, that charge will persist.  At the same time, he is seen as abrogating protocol and years of inside the beltway practice by what he has done and the Dems and Clinton will crucify him when she takes office.

Lose-lose proposition.  Move to Thailand is the only option.

Archived