Was it a poisonous snake - help please?

cliveshep

I gather baby cobras are more dangerous than adult cobras insofar as adults don't want to waste their venom (they know to save it for prey) - and so sometimes give a 'dry' bite, or other times only a small amount of venom dependent on how threatened they consider themselves?  Wheras baby cobras are unable to control their venom?

Sorry for all the question marks, but its something I've read (or a TV programme I've watched) a while ago.

I've seen both adults and babies where I live, and the common factor is that they all want my dogs and I to go away so that they can then get away as quickly as possible :smile:.

Mind you, with the way my luck's running at the moment - that probably means I'm about to be bitten by a cobra....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, godblessemall said:

I just shooed it out the door with a broom as I don't kill anything if I can avoid it.

I remembered that Thai song by Mai a few years ago... Puuying muan nguu pid, mai yark ja tam lai cry... women are like poisonous snakes, they don't want to hurt anyone.

Good for you, 15" is much to small to make a reasonable meal.

Funny Song, they obviously never met an angry bamboo snake ..............or my second wife!

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I gather baby cobras are more dangerous than adult cobras insofar as adults don't want to waste their venom (they know to save it for prey) - and so sometimes give a 'dry' bite, or other times only a small amount of venom dependent on how threatened they consider themselves?  Wheras baby cobras are unable to control their venom?

Sorry for all the question marks, but its something I've read (or a TV programme I've watched) a while ago.

I've seen both adults and babies where I live, and the common factor is that they all want my dogs and I to go away so that they can then get away as quickly as possible :smile:.

Mind you, with the way my luck's running at the moment - that probably means I'm about to be bitten by a cobra....

As far as I know, you are correct in your first paragraph and definitely correct in your third, but my wife always tells me its lucky to see a snake and it means that money will come to you. I  try to believe her.