Drawing attention to yourself - backpackers arrested for ganja party at "Overstay"

rooster59

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, johnny Cage said:

This was bound to happen sooner or later. I went there for a party a few years back when they had psy trance parties. The guy running the place (I'm pretty sure the same guy caught with the weed) was an extremely arrogant d*ck lol. The place full of smelly hippys and the like. Khao sarn dreadlocks everywhere.

I still hope they don't get into too much trouble just for smoking weed... But selling? You are farked!

Well, I have been there quite a few times. I liked the the place when there was a good DJ or performer.

And I never saw any trouble or fighting there, it was a fun loving crowd.

This is the kind of place I like, but I would never set foot there sober. And to stay there, never as it looked to need a good scrub and I can imagine the bathrooms and bed sheets

The Israeli guy, as you say , and arrogant duck. Or it might have been me being obnoxious, or a combination of both. But he was for sure not in to CUSTOMER SERVICE

Anyway, here are few pictures for you that have never been there

9.jpg

14.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg

10.jpg

43 minutes ago, hohososo said:

Any source of this ever happening would be appreciated.

Have you missed the news about raids on pubs and discotheques in Thailand and testing the patrons for drug abuse, foreigners and locals alike?

The only country in Asean that has yet to enact harsh laws on drugs is Myanmar.

My advice would be to first look up the drug laws of the country you intend to visit, or else, if you insist on your rights, to only visit countries with compatible drug laws to yours.

But if you are not a drug addict, abstinence for a few weeks or months is no big deal. You don't carry around a six-pack while traveling in Saudi Arabia...

Edited by trogers

34 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

"Personally, I would encourage people to visit at this time, a unique opportunity to get a real insight into the Thai psyche, rather than the almost cartoonish image portrayed by the popular media."

Indeed, lynch mobs for those deemed to be mourning incorrectly, "attitude adjustment" and jail following a military trial for expressing an opinion or for pressing 'like' on Facebook, a "government" that is unaccountable to anyone but itself and makes investigating the wealth of its members a criminal offence, demolishing houses and national heritage sites where residents have lived for decades to make room for a 'park' which no one will ever visit, to name but a few.

Well, like I said, a true insight into the Thai psyche, how you interpret that is up to you. I assume you live outside of Thailand.

2 minutes ago, nausea said:

Well, like I said, a true insight into the Thai psyche, how you interpret that is up to you. I assume you live outside of Thailand.

I've in Bangkok for 10 years.  I'm not a Thai basher or a sex-pat.  I don't know how else to interpret jailing someone for expressing an opinion, regardless of the subject matter, except in a very negative light. I am aware not all Thai people agree that this absurd and dangerous practice, but enough do to make it a serious cause for concern. 

9 hours ago, trogers said:

That's how Asean countries would perceive them.

What is a full moon party without drugs? The same the West would perceive a bible study session without the Bible...

For pity's sake, Asian is spelled with an i.  ASEAN is the "Association of South  East Asian Nations" and needs to be in capitals (because it's an acronym) Make your mind up. Of course correct spelling wouldn't make you're comment any less racist so...

Does marijuana smoking lead to thinking problems ?

Imagine getting a phone cal from a friend ?"

Yer altrite man, whats up .

"How are you"

Shits got heavy man, im on an visa overstay , Ill go to jail if i get caught .

"Keep your head down and do not attract anything that will warrant you getting attention"

Bruv, I stay at a place called overstay and theres a party on tonight, with loud music and lots of drugs

"Which secluded Island is that on"?

Nah Bruv, its in bangkok central......and dey got a computer there and Im going to post on ThaiVisa a photo of an olderman with a younger ladie to annoy those idiots on there who think Im stupid

A Thai cop gets drunk with his buddy. He tries to pick up a Thai lady. She puts him off and gets on her motorbike.  The two cops chase after her in another motorbike.  One lops off one of her arms with a machete, leaves her to die in a ditch (she survives).  He gets a slap on the wrist from his cop buddies.

Another Thai cop, while off-duty but carrying a gun, shoots to kill a farang woman who he's lusting after. An Irish backpacker guy gets between the cop and the girl, trying to protect her.  The bullet kills him, but also hits the girl. It's still stuck in her breast bone.  The cop is transferred to another station, then let out the back door.

Now in present time:  A dozen or so backpackers are smoking some weed, doing no one any harm, not driving like drunks, just sitting in a room telling jokes, listening to music.    THEY GET BUSTED and treated like hardened criminals.

6 hours ago, Lupatria said:

While hundreds of scientific reports state it can cure certain kinds of cancer...

Haaa :). Cure cancer? No, not quite. What it does do is help people manage the chronic and debilitating pain associated with most forms of cancer, as well as many other serious illnesses, while causing none of the horrible side-effects or actual addiction associated with other painkillers.  It thus allows sufferers of serious illness to carry on reasonably normal lives instead of leaving them bed ridden.

And before anyone starts harping on, marijuana is no more addictive than eating toilet paper (real thing). Both are "behavioral addictions", NOT "chemical addictions".

15 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

For pity's sake, Asian is spelled with an i.  ASEAN is the "Association of South  East Asian Nations" and needs to be in capitals (because it's an acronym) Make your mind up. Of course correct spelling wouldn't make you're comment any less racist so...

Rather petty Captain Jack.  In fact, if you picked up a newspaper or book focusing on current affairs, you'd find that numerous acronyms nowadays are spelled with a capital letter first followed by lower case, such as Nato, Mossad, Hamas etc.   to name but a few

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

Well, I have been there quite a few times. I liked the the place when there was a good DJ or performer.

This is the kind of place I like, but I would never set foot there sober. And to stay there, never as it looked to need a good scrub and I can imagine the bathrooms and bed sheets

The Israeli guy, as you say , and arrogant duck. Or it might have been me being obnoxious, or a combination of both. But he was for sure not in to CUSTOMER SERVICE

9.jpg

14.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg

10.jpg

Those are our sons and daughter, nieces and nephews, brothers and sisters.  Those photos could have been me and my buddies, decades ago.  I don't put them down.   Some are future leaders, future aid workers, artists, doctors, astronauts, bakers, brokers, musicians, inventors, soldiers, .....you name it.   The main differences between 20 yr olds and 60 yr olds are; elders are becoming more cynical, depressed, fat, inflexible (in body and mind), less compassionate, and less infused with pure joy.   Should we punish younger folks for being youthful?  That's what Thai authorities are doing.

3 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Those photos could have been me and my buddies, decades ago.  I don't put them down.   Some are future leaders, future aid workers, artists, doctors, astronauts, bakers, brokers, musicians, inventors, soldiers, .....you name it.   T

So, which of the above careers did you take up ?

12 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

Haaa :). Cure cancer? No, not quite. What it does do is help people manage the chronic and debilitating pain associated with most forms of cancer, as well as many other serious illnesses, while causing none of the horrible side-effects or actual addiction associated with other painkillers.  It thus allows sufferers of serious illness to carry on reasonably normal lives instead of leaving them bed ridden.

And before anyone starts harping on, marijuana is no more addictive than eating toilet paper (real thing). Both are "behavioral addictions", NOT "chemical addictions".

And you know ganja can't cure cancer?  Interesting you know how ganja (smoke, oil, THC tar) has affected the hundreds of millions of individuals who have experimented with it.  You must have a powerful crystal ball.  I have an elder friend who rubbed THC tar on his cancerous stomach every day for many moons.  He claims it got rid of it.  Do you know better than him about his own body and experiences?

If you want to go on about addictions, that's a whole other kettle of fish.  National Geographic says sugar is addictive.  Other studies have shown that cigs and/or caffeine are more addictive than heroin.  I know people who have smoked pot every day since Nixon, but I haven't heard them or others say pot is addictive.  Perhaps they have a mental dependence on it, but doubtful they have a chemical or physical dependence.  For me:  I smoked it about 1,000 times when young.  Didn't like it (it was peer pressure).  Haven't smoked pot for many decades.  I don't drink fermented sugars, and leave a room if someone is sweeping the floor or brushing their long hair (don't like to breathe dust, dandruff or dried skin cells).

14 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Should we punish younger folks for being youthful?  That's what Thai authorities are doing.

I do think that they have been charged with taking drugs and overstaying their Visas , they do not seem to have been charged with being "youthful"

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Does marijuana smoking lead to thinking problems ?

Imagine getting a phone cal from a friend ?"

Yer altrite man, whats up .

"How are you"

Shits got heavy man, im on an visa overstay , Ill go to jail if i get caught .

"Keep your head down and do not attract anything that will warrant you getting attention"

Bruv, I stay at a place called overstay and theres a party on tonight, with loud music and lots of drugs

"Which secluded Island is that on"?

Nah Bruv, its in bangkok central......and dey got a computer there and Im going to post on ThaiVisa a photo of an olderman with a younger ladie to annoy those idiots on there who think Im stupid

Lotsa drugs, Really ,more  alcoholic logic on a tangent

24 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Those are our sons and elaughter, nieces and nephews, brothers and sisters.  Those photos could have been me and my buddies, decades ago.  I don't put them down.   Some are future leaders, future aid workers, artists, doctors, astronauts, bakers, brokers, musicians, inventors, soldiers, .....you name it.   The main differences between 20 yr olds and 60 yr olds are; elders are becoming more cynical, depressed, fat, inflexible (in body and mind), less compassionate, and less infused with pure joy.   Should we punish younger folks for being youthful?  That's what Thai authorities are doing.

They're not being punished for being youthful.  The charges are for Illegal drug use.

Don't take up the law....

.Please!!

21 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Those are our sons and daughter, nieces and nephews, brothers and sisters.  Those photos could have been me and my buddies, decades ago.  I don't put them down.   Some are future leaders, future aid workers, artists, doctors, astronauts, bakers, brokers, musicians, inventors, soldiers, .....you name it.   The main differences between 20 yr olds and 60 yr olds are; elders are becoming more cynical, depressed, fat, inflexible (in body and mind), less compassionate, and less infused with pure joy.   Should we punish younger folks for being youthful?  That's what Thai authorities are doing.

Yes, that is what I like with our "western" world. You have something in common with most of the people, never mind their wealth, occupation or status in the society. We have all working scrubbing toilets, cleaning dishes, working on a farm etc. during our school holidays to make some extra money. Of course, after that we have had different paths in our life's, some are rich and some got dirt poor.

But many of the people we speak with have had the same experiences and in a coffee shop you can talk with the staff. We have all been going around India etc. and been doing what we did. In this part of the word we don't have much in common with the people. The poor have never had any chance to be something and the rich have never had to do anything.

We have all been young and as boomerangutang, we have had a lot of fun even though some of the stuff we did seems stupid today. But back then, yes it was a ball! And Overstay, it was great and you met people from all walks of life and they seemed to enjoy them self. The staff was people living at the guesthouse. And sometimes you had to go buy your own in some shop nearby. Always some place open 4 or 5 in the morning

1996.jpg

2002.jpg

2004.jpg

This was bound to happen sooner or later. I went there for a party a few years back when they had psy trance parties. The guy running the place (I'm pretty sure the same guy caught with the weed) was an extremely arrogant d*ck lol. The place full of smelly hippys and the like. Khao sarn dreadlocks everywhere.

I still hope they don't get into too much trouble just for smoking weed... But selling? You are farked!

Your right he was a complete knob.

We had a little falling out.

Couldn't of happened to a nicer fellow.

I went in there 7-8 years ago. Still owe him for a beer. Might go to Klong Prem to pay him a visit to settle my debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, Asiang said:

Who cares what is legal or not in this country !!!

Legal is what I decide it is !

With your arrogant and stupid attitude, you will start to care the day you get locked up.

Have you ever seen "The Bangkok Hilton" ?

16 minutes ago, willyumiii said:

With your arrogant and stupid attitude, you will start to care the day you get locked up.

16 minutes ago, willyumiii said:

Legal is what you decide it is.

My hero.

Next week when on holiday in NZ  may I quote you when I get stopped for speeding.

When you reach the age of 14 please feel free to post again.

Obviously directed at A--- something.

Asian????

Edited by overherebc

5 hours ago, Aladdin said:

9.jpg

14.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg

10.jpg

Why is it only white people in the pictures, even the staff working there are not Thais ?  

So we have a place in Thailand called Overstay, farangs are working in the bar , lots of drugs around , what could possibly go wrong ? 

3 minutes ago, balo said:

Why is it only white people in the pictures, even the staff working there are not Thais ?  

So we have a place in Thailand called Overstay, farangs are working in the bar , lots of drugs around , what could possibly go wrong ? 

I suppose that only felangs stay there and the barstaff are probably just hanging out there and not really employed 

17 hours ago, rkidlad said:

A few years in jail is what's needed here. I remember sitting next to some guys smoking weed and it was terrifying. They were just sat there not saying much. Then they started laughing for no reason. To make things worse they ordered loads of food and ate it all. 

Luckily they just left and went home. I was very lucky. I could have been killed by these gateway addicts. 

Even worse, they could have fallen asleep, right there, right beside you!!