Thai gf to Australia

Can anyone tell me any secrets of getting my GF to Australia? we have been dating for 3 years now and we want to be together. i cannot immigrate to Thailand as i dont have 20,000 and an income at the same time. i want us to marry and she wants kids.

But atm the proposed partner visa is 6865AUD plus 3600AUD application fee. Is there a cheaper way? I can afford to look after her once she is here, but 11000 AUD is hard to find these days. i didn't mean to fall in love but we are and it is very hard for both of us right now. and anyone help me? maybe there is a pauper version? she has working in a factory for the last ten years and never been in trouble. a country girl with a heart of gold. Going back and forth is not the answer as it is a waste of finances. I lost everything in the GFC and have been recovering ever since. 

any help would be greatly appreciated....

If you're working, you might have to consider getting a loan.

As simple1 said, cut the agent fees out and do it yourself.

It's not hard but there is a lot of paperwork and running around.

Also plenty of good advice on TV if you look hard enough.

The bottom line is, it's still probably going to cost you around

$9000 when you factor in airfares etc.

Good luck with it all.

• Like 1

PS Don't forget that, while an important function of the Departments of Education & of Tourism is to get foreigners into Oz,  the main function of the Department of Immigration is (as everywhere in the world) to keep them out. So there are no secrets or shortcuts, and no tea money.

1 hour ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

As a gay (well, bisexual) man myself I just snigger when I see such requirements as "exclusive"

It's nothing to do with sexuality.

it (Immigration) just says "they have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others".

It applies if you're gay or straight.

Edited by Will27

Applicant must show strong supporting information regarding their roots in Thailand and that they will return home due to these circumstances,(child,employment,home ownership,money in bank)

Pictorial proof of long term relationship is beneficial,pics of you both in various Thai locations is good.

As her sponsor you will need to guarantee you will provide,All transport,travel/health insurance,accommodation,meals. clothing etc.

Proof that you can provide the above,show financials,employment, council rate notice in your name is good for accommodation.

These are the issues I faced in 2010, the visa was granted inside a month.

Hope this helps with your initial appointment

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

PS Don't forget that, while an important function of the Departments of Education & of Tourism is to get foreigners into Oz,  the main function of the Department of Immigration is (as everywhere in the world) to keep them out. So there are no secrets or shortcuts, and no tea money.

Rubbish

Edited by Old Croc

17 minutes ago, norbra said:

Applicant must show strong supporting information regarding their roots in Thailand and that they will return home due to these circumstances,(child,employment,home ownership,money in bank)

Surely your first sentence applies when you're seeking a tourist or other shortterm visa? Doesn't seem relevant when you're after a longterm spouse or de facto entry?

Just do it yourself and arrange all the document needed

all you need is listed.

For her it would be handy to have some land on her name in Thailand.

Agents  they only costs money you hard need when she is at your place.

and if you want to marry, then marry in Thailand so she is your wife who you are asking the visa for and you can provide these documents too. legalize in Thailand and have translated

Makes your case stronger in your advantage.  because it is family

Edited by Autonuaq
  • Like 2

i see your TG comes from SURIN we r also from surin area ,will be back there in dec. i brought my wife to oz  a few years ago now but still have all the paper work,if we can be of help contact us.

• Like 1

I feel for you mate.

Going 10 years back, I brought my then GF out on a 3 month tourist visa, then I rang the immigration department and asked for an extension, two months into her tourist visa, they said, NO cannot do, fortunately for me the guy was Greek and picked up on my reply, e.g. R U F'n serious in Greek, and he replied in Greek, so we then started talking, he said, what are your intentions for the girl, I said what do you mean, he said do you love her, I said yes, he said; do you think you would marry her, I said yes, he then said well if you get married before the visa is up and apply for a bridging visa, which we did, she could stay until her application was processed and she was allowed to leave Sydney and return, e.g. we went back to Thailand and got married also, and it has been smooth sailing ever since, now we live in Thailand, yeh yeh true love story 555.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I think the fee has gone up x 5 since then, from memory it was about 2k, my mate who has just applied for his GF to get a partner visa is paying what you have stated, except for the $3,600 which sounds like an agents fee, like everyone said, you don't need, just scroll through the paperwork and fill it in.

You might want to ask immigration what would happen if you got married and she was on a tourist visa, e.g. could you then apply for a bridging visa, my mate didn't go down this path as he owns property and is worried about his GF getting half in years to come, although I did tell him that in Sydney if your partner has a key to your place, regardless of you living together, your toast either ways as she can make a claim, got to love Aussie piss weak laws for the female who owns nothing, hurry hurry hurry, step right up and stake your claim 555

Good luck and hope it works out for you, just remember there will be loads of paperwork for you to climb over, bottle of red while filling in all the paperwork may help, after all she is worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

It's nothing to do with sexuality.

it (Immigration) just says "they have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others".

It applies if you're gay or straight.

I don't think you understood Saint Louis Blues' post.

All good advice here, go the tourist visa way but maybe get married in Thailand before you leave. Once in Aussie get married and then apply for a Bridging Visa. Avoid all agents even the Thai agents in Aussie as they even rip Thai people off not just Ferangs. Before you go to Aussie gather up all kinds of evidence of your cohabitation and find all your old airline tickets and any receipts to prove you have been a regular visitor to Thailand. Get photo's of you both at landmarks etc in Thailand with time and date on them. You should have no problem also take her medical records with you as she will have to undergo a medical exam this is to make sure she will not be a burden on Medicare. Chok Dee

2 minutes ago, bigfella0726 said:

I have my Thai girlfriend here now on a 3 month visa. Keyvisa done it very quick and at little cost. 5000 baht up front which covers the immigration fees and if she gets the visa it's 25000 baht. If it's not giving no fee

27000 baht for something you can do yourself. The visa itself is much less than 5000 baht. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldkhwaay said:

I've just done it myself and saved the $3600 agent fee.  If you get an agent to do it you still have to get all the paperwork yourself. The only tricky bit is the Thai Police clearance. Feel free to pm me if you need any help.

Agreed. I did a fiancee then partner visa for my missus  (who's now an Australian citizen). All the information is available online and there's no need to pay an agent - all they do is submit forms that you yourself have to fill in anyway . 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/736813-aussie-partner-processing-wait-times

Go to this thread there are many that have applied for partner visas and they may be able to give you current advice. What most have said here is true the paperwork is not that hard but time consuming, but be aware you will still do all the leg work even when you use a agent

Having assisted with many partner and spouse applications for Australia the first thing I tell them is to not use some agent as there is no "special connections etc" when dealing with the Australia Consulate. If you can read English you can fill the forms in yourself and all you have to do is chase up all the docs they require. If the relationship is bonafide then you won't have a problem. It may take some time up to 15 months but it will eventually come through. Australian immigration has never denied an entry visa for a bonafide partner or wife of an Australian citizen. Someone earlier did mention to get a tourist visa and visit Australia. While there you can get married in a civil ceremony but do not forget the 30 days advance notice you have to give Births Deaths and Marriages oh and make sure to have your previous divorce decree.... You can also get married in Thailand and register the marriage at the consulate. But the intent of commitment is more powerful than a marriage certificate in most cases.