Farewell Pattaya.

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless OP is a 3 week tourist, can't blame him. He would not be the only one that has "pulled up stakes" in Pattaya recently.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am amazed how many of my Pattaya Farang acquaintances are contemplating to relocate.  Be it within Thailand or back to their home-countries.

Is there some thunder rolling in the background.......?
Cheers.

Why does the OP post this ?

Maybe he wants Pattaya to be upset and distraught that HE left

Is he expecting Pattayaians to beg him to come back ?

After hes realised that no one cares where he lives and he wasnt missed ?

He left Pattaya and misses the place 

Sat in CM and he wants to go back 

Seems to me that this is a seeking  "Pattaya misses you, please come back" post

Maybe the OP needs to realise that no one cares about where he lives

25 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I hope you enjoy  CM and I guess the CM subforum can look forward to another active member...

Uh ...

The sub CM forums members are not very active.  Fortunately, also because this is not the place for joyful somersaults.

But you can regale you participating in the ubiquitous older club, the Dukes meeting for eat the most expensive pizza in the town, criticizing all Thai and immigration Promenada in particular.

Welcome ! 

2 hours ago, happy Joe said:

Uh ...

The sub CM forums members are not very active.  Fortunately, also because this is not the place for joyful somersaults.

But you can regale you participating in the ubiquitous older club, the Dukes meeting for eat the most expensive pizza in the town, criticizing all Thai and immigration Promenada in particular.

Welcome ! 

Yes I've read reports that CM Immigration is a bit of a cock-up...as to the inactive subforum,  maybe they're all out hiking in the great outdoors (except in burning season).

Seems to me a bit like out of the frying pan into the fire.

I for one don't blame him leaving, I came to the same conclusion several years ago.

Decided to give C/M a go, the plan was for two months I lasted a short two weeks.

To many Tourists, High prices, Traffic problems not to dissimilar to Pattaya. Eventually settled for a Town/City halfway between BKK and C/M.

Might not be for everyone but it suits me fine. Well away from family with little or no tourists. Has everything you could wish for and at Thai prices, nothing like the over inflated tourist spots.    

Edited by fredob43

43 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Seems to me a bit like out of the frying pan into the fire.

I for one don't blame him leaving, I came to the same conclusion several years ago.

Decided to give C/M a go, the plan was for two months I lasted a short two weeks.

To many Tourists, High prices, Traffic problems not to dissimilar to Pattaya. Eventually settled for a Town/City halfway between BKK and C/M.

Might not be for everyone but it suits me fine. Well away from family with little or no tourists. Has everything you could wish for and at Thai prices, nothing like the over inflated tourist spots.    

it was great back in 2011/2012 before the Chinese invasion

12 hours ago, swissie said:

Unless OP is a 3 week tourist, can't blame him. He would not be the only one that has "pulled up stakes" in Pattaya recently.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am amazed how many of my Pattaya Farang acquaintances are contemplating to relocate.  Be it within Thailand or back to their home-countries.

Is there some thunder rolling in the background.......?
Cheers.

Maybe but for every person that leaves many more come here.  Running out of money(although they won't admit it) is usually the real reason to leave.  Sounds like a personal problem.

9 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Good luck

Bet after a few months / weeks ,  we will see you back on this sub forum.

most other places in Thailand are very dull.

that's why they all post here.

It is not a requirement to live here to post here. Everyone loves to post in this "sub forum".

16 minutes ago, tropo said:

It is not a requirement to live here to post here. Everyone loves to post in this "sub forum".

Never said it was.

But i do think knobs  from other parts of Thailand  that come in and slag the place off

Must live a very dull life.

Think they wish they had stayed here and not gone

any place near the village ,    with the Pigs and the Chickens. and the dysfunctional extended  family

life.

They made there bed now they can go lay in it.

Edited by onemorechang

1 hour ago, onemorechang said:

Never said it was.

But i do think knobs  from other parts of Thailand  that come in and slag the place off

Must live a very dull life.

Think they wish they had stayed here and not gone

any place near the village ,    with the Pigs and the Chickens. and the dysfunctional extended  family

life.

They made there bed now they can go lay in it.

Yes, I have never understood this.  I tried in once for a few days and almost went insane. There is something to be said about quality of life and that lifestyle does not cut it. No real TV or internet and ride your motorbike 20 minutes to buy cigarettes and beer?  What fun.  

Interesting lot of replies. I've been active on the Pattaya forum for the month that I was on holiday in Pattaya, and don't recognise some of the "friendly, not" posters at all.

Actually, I've been participating on this forum for years, but never mind. My farewell was for those that actually do participate more than infrequently.

I don't like C M much. Too much traffic and the songtheaws are a rip off sometimes.

However, I have to be here for a month to sort business and then I'll be back to the cold country. Those that know me on other sub forums probably know why.

Anyway, cheers.

PS, the totty in C M is superior to Pattaya totty, IMO.

I think looking for another location to settle in isn't a bad idea at all. It isn't hard to leave Pattaya behind these days, and I was once a fan of the place.  However, you may be like me and be looking for a Thailand that isn't there anymore. I used to love long stays in BKK and Pattaya back in the day. The assault on the senses is still there, along with the food, climate and most other things I love about Thailand, but what always made Thailand for me in the cities was the people more than anything. Really did deserve the title LoS before-Smart phones and mass tourism had taken its toll.

I haven't even spent much time in Thailand in recent years, but it's a drug, I must come back. Maybe I will never get that feeling again and there isn't another SEA country that excites me enough. Might even try the sticks. Only spent a few days in Isaan in all my time there... Keep us updated OP. I like your posts as you come across as sincere most of the time. GL.

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, I have never understood this.  I tried in once for a few days and almost went insane. There is something to be said about quality of life and that lifestyle does not cut it. No real TV or internet and ride your motorbike 20 minutes to buy cigarettes and beer?  What fun.  

I moved out several years ago. No TV or internet and 20 min: to get a beer.

So True vision doesn't work, and you cant get fiber optic from TOT outside Pattaya??? Funny that as I thought I had both.

The only thing that's lacking is thousands of expensive girly bars. There are Girly bars but your not overdosed with them. 

Everything else is on your doorstep. May I suggest you get out a bit more. There is life outside Pattaya.

Edited by fredob43

13 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

it was great back in 2011/2012 before the Chinese invasion

I left in 2008 well before any invasion.

The muggings/robberies drove me out.

Sad to say seems like it's still going on, if anything with more vigor.

5 hours ago, Flanno said:

Good luck on the move thaibeachlovers. Am a bit curious as to where the 'cold country' is. I'm guessing it's Great Britain you are off to.

If it is the UK then I don't envy him one bit.

Sad to say I'm off there on the 9th to visit family. Have been looking at the weather there and it's going down to 8c on some days and 2/3c at night.

Now wheres my Ski Togs. 

Edited by fredob43

47 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Enjoy your time there. Great place to visit.  I'd live there if it wasn't for the smoke.

As you say, a great place to visit  - personally, I would not want to live there full time.

8 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

As you say, a great place to visit  - personally, I would not want to live there full time.

I don't know the surrounding area well,  but my preference would be somewhere outside town. Not too far, but out of the traffic mess. I think that part of Thailand would be great for exploring!