Video: Drunken Reporter Attacks Police at Alcohol Checkpoint in Pattaya

webfact

Video: Drunken Reporter Attacks Police at Alcohol Checkpoint

By Digital Admin -

angry-reporter-1.jpg?resize=696,392

PATTAYA: -- At 4.30am, on the morning of November 1, Pol Capt Wuthikorn Ploadprong was leading a check-point unit in front of Makro, on Pattaya North, Pattaya.

As part of a routine inspection a white Toyota Camry, driven by twenty-four-year old Mr Surasak Damrong. Forty-year old Mr Techpat was in the passenger seat. Both men appeared to be intoxicated and the driver tested at 110mg percent.

In reaction to this Mr Techpat began shouting and attacked police corporal Boworn Hatthachot from behind and attempted to punch him.

Other officers managed to restrain the suspect and he was quickly hand-cuffed. Techpat then began shouting that he worked at Channel 9 News and was familiar with high ranking police officers. He said, ‘no body should mess with him.’

As notes were being taken Pol Capt Wuthikorn Ploadprong received a mysterious phone call from somebody claiming to be the Superintendent in Provincial Police Region 2 and who was insisting be allowed to take over the case.

Pol Capt Wuthikorn declined this generous offer and the two suspects were taken to Pattaya police station for processing and to await trial.

Report shared by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/video-drunken-reporter-attacks-police-alcohol-checkpoint/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-11-02

throw the book at this drunken a hole - he is very obviously heavily intoxicated and deserves everything he gets, the Superintendent in Provincial Police Region 2 should also under investigation for his failed attempt to pervert the course of justice

well done Pattaya police

Pol Capt Wuthikorn declined this generous offer 

Good for him. The culture of cronyism and money buying justice won't end until more follow this brave captain's example. Let's just hope his integrity does not affection his chances of further promotion.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Other officers managed to restrain the suspect and he was quickly hand-cuffed. Techpat then began shouting that he worked at Channel 9 News and was familiar with high ranking police officers. He said, ‘no body should mess with him.’

I see he flashed the usual Thai get out of jail free card. Seems the investigating officer was offered a pass on the investigation and he passed. Good work!!

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Don't you know who I am ?

I work for Channel 9 !:smile:

5 hours ago, webfact said:

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Don't you know who I am ?

I work for Channel 9 !:smile:

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

The police told him he could get his car back the next day. No wonder they don't care about getting caught. No serious consequences.

I guess the cops talked to his connection. Seems his threats were legitimate after all. Its a case of not who you b? well you know and who you really know that counts. If your a status person its nice to know that you have it with you at all times. They don't have to worry about "Never leave home without it"

Is it just my imagination or are the two women in the blue denim shorts wearing odd shoes?

Actually, they appear to be sharing pairs of shoes, you wear my left shoe and I'll wear yours.

Check the video around 56 sec and also around 1:32.

Is this a new fashion?

Do I have too much time on my hands?

53 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Is it just my imagination or are the two women in the blue denim shorts wearing odd shoes?

Actually, they appear to be sharing pairs of shoes, you wear my left shoe and I'll wear yours.

Is this a new fashion?

I think you are right.

Funny though, when I first watched it, I never got as far as the shoes !

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

Is this a new fashion?

yes

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

Is this a new fashion?

My guess is the girls were also drinking, and dressing in the dark perhaps.

We have to give credit to Pol Capt Wuthikorn Ploadprong for not allowing the "superintendant" to take over this case. All drunk driving must be severely punished irregardless of race & locality because these people have no regards for the lives of others

4:30 a.m. huh ? What is the proper closing time for bars ? 

My wife likes to go exercise with her friends at 6:30 a.m. on Buddha Mountain ( I go as well but not as often) and it worries me

how many "drunked-up", "all-nigh-binge-drinking" crazies are cruising around at that hour, after a night of heavy drinking.

As a previous member commented ... Throw the book at him.

A few years ago I witnessed a car driven by a drunk navy officer (in uniform) in the early evening (about 7:00 p.m.) 

who ran into the back of a motorcycle sidecar with a mother and 2 kids on it .... as they were  WAITING at a RED LIGHT. 

He stumbled out of the car , offered a few baht to the bleeding mother and crying babies, and drove away....

I looked in the car and saw an empty whiskey bottle on the back seat.

This was in front of a police box (Chaiyapruk & Jomtien Beach).  I was trembling with anger but knew that it was hopeless for me to intervene.

Rank & a big car seems to often guarantee of immunity from consequences for your actions.  

What ever became of the "Red Bull" Grandson case?

Congratulations to the BIB for not being intimidated by a suspicious  phone call from an alleged superintendent .

Police are doing their job. Good. Thai pseudo hi-so doing his best don't mess with me routine, happens. Must have been a good day for all because there appears to be a severe case of knee-walking here. Note the lady on the phone with what I would swear is an attitude as well. Urgent message to "headquarters"? 

Good points on another post(s) to perhaps talk a bit to the Region 2 public servant, car back tomorrow without further questions. I've been here a long time but the "new dawn is coming" approach wears thin.

7 minutes ago, rhythmworx said:

at 1:57 he blows on to the officers hand and says "yeah, you'll feel that later"

Ahhh, the age old curse of fermented fish, dried pork skins, decarbonated Coke and cheap whiskey breath.....I feel bad for the officer. 

1 hour ago, kentrot said:

4:30 a.m. huh ? What is the proper closing time for bars ? 

My wife likes to go exercise with her friends at 6:30 a.m. on Buddha Mountain ( I go as well but not as often) and it worries me

how many "drunked-up", "all-nigh-binge-drinking" crazies are cruising around at that hour, after a night of heavy drinking.

As a previous member commented ... Throw the book at him.

A few years ago I witnessed a car driven by a drunk navy officer (in uniform) in the early evening (about 7:00 p.m.) 

who ran into the back of a motorcycle sidecar with a mother and 2 kids on it .... as they were  WAITING at a RED LIGHT. 

He stumbled out of the car , offered a few baht to the bleeding mother and crying babies, and drove away....

I looked in the car and saw an empty whiskey bottle on the back seat.

This was in front of a police box (Chaiyapruk & Jomtien Beach).  I was trembling with anger but knew that it was hopeless for me to intervene.

Rank & a big car seems to often guarantee of immunity from consequences for your actions.  

What ever became of the "Red Bull" Grandson case?

Congratulations to the BIB for not being intimidated by a suspicious  phone call from an alleged superintendent .

Just waiting for the statute of limitations to run out thats all.

He seems to be insisting it was not his fault. He was over-served. 555

Not sure what the ladies are doing. Will they be charged as well under the

new rules/law that those riding in vehicles with drunk drivers are

also guilty of DUI. :tongue: