Police looking for hit-and-run driver in Chonburi

webfact

Police looking for hit-and-run driver in Chonburi

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

201611030752073-20041019161308.jpg

Wreckage of a Land Rover after it crashed into the back of a truck early Thursday morning in Chonburi

CHONBURI — Police said they’re looking for a man who crashed his Land Rover into the back of a truck on Pattaya-Naklua Road early Thursday morning and fled the scene soon after.

A witness said the man, who looked to be heavily intoxicated, got into another motorist’s car before police arrived on the scene, but a policeman in charge of the investigation said he’s not treating it incident as a case of hit-and-run yet.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/11/03/police-looking-hit-run-driver-chonburi/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-11-04

... “Whether this is a case of hit-and-run, we need to question witnesses first,” Sitthawat Chawakornthienrat, deputy inspector of Bang Lamung Police Station, said Thursday afternoon.

He said reporters should not give too much publicity to the incident. “The media should not publicize this news yet,” Cpt. Sitthawat said. “Sometimes the press’ coverage of criminal cases has negative effects.”...

Not half as negative as not enforcing the law viz: "Fleeing the scene of a car accident is illegal under section 78 of Thai traffic law, which carries a maximum penalty of three months in prison."

But money has already changed hands. Case closed.

35 minutes ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

with the police so quick to defend the driver, my money is on him being from an influential family and the game to protect him is already underway. 

With the price of a Range Rover here, we can assume the driver is far from poor

As soon as the police saw the car $ signs lit up their dull faces  :licklips:

...duhh....

..smacks of compromise already.....

..witnesses said the person appeared heavily intoxicated...then fled....

....'not hit-and-run'......???

...what a load of crock...

...Land Rover....no plates...???

...too obvious what is going on here......

...jeez....

For me, this news item is of interest not only because of the content, but also the way it is presented, namely the choice of Chonburi as the location. I say this because before the 13th October I watched a lot of Thai language TV news, and even though the news item related to Pattaya,  Chonburi was very often used to identify the location of the incidents featured. This was even more noticeable where the news related to murders, robberies, assaults etc.

I was left with only one conclusion from this which was that someone, possibly the TAT lady, had issued instructions to the media to report in such a vague way in order to divert attention  from unsavoury news items about Pattaya to preserve it's pristine reputation, and of course the tourist baht.  

11 hours ago, joebrown said:

For me, this news item is of interest not only because of the content, but also the way it is presented, namely the choice of Chonburi as the location. I say this because before the 13th October I watched a lot of Thai language TV news, and even though the news item related to Pattaya,  Chonburi was very often used to identify the location of the incidents featured. This was even more noticeable where the news related to murders, robberies, assaults etc.

I was left with only one conclusion from this which was that someone, possibly the TAT lady, had issued instructions to the media to report in such a vague way in order to divert attention  from unsavoury news items about Pattaya to preserve it's pristine reputation, and of course the tourist baht.  

What pristine reputation is that, sex and sleaze capital of Thailand?