Internet connections

Gandtee

I have 3BB and no problems recently. Did have a problem with connecting a couple of months ago, called  their customer number and the response was excellent. They fixed it within 24 hrs. I have been happier with 3BB than I ever was with True before them. 

Call their customer service.

There are a few ways you can narrow down your problem. Most people blame their ISP but it's not always that. Can you connect another device to your network? Can you access the webpages on that device? If not, that narrows the problem down to your router/ISP.
You can try powering off your router for 30 seconds and powering on again, sometimes connecting your laptop/PC directly to the router via an ethernet cable can solve a 'no DNS server' issue. 
Sorry if this is just stating the obvious and you're already tried all these things!

11 hours ago, The Dancer said:

I have 3BB and no problems recently. Did have a problem with connecting a couple of months ago, called  their customer number and the response was excellent. They fixed it within 24 hrs. I have been happier with 3BB than I ever was with True before them. 

Call their customer service.

Other way round for me, True is the best where l am never have any trouble.  :biggrin:

Reading previous threads on this just proves it's a fact areas around Thailand on internet connection service varies so much.

58 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Other way round for me, True is the best where l am never have any trouble.  :biggrin:

Reading previous threads on this just proves it's a fact areas around Thailand on internet connection service varies so much.

Second that.

I know how angry many Pattaya users are with ToT.

Having ToT fibre in upcountry and close to zero complaints except some two or three power outages at their switching center over the years. One time cable torn down by a truck.

A phone call directly to their local office/switching center (by wife or daughter) gives a direct response.

Don't use the hotline anymore.

Many users on 3BB cannot change the DNS - You can set it in the PC or even in the router but it is redirected via back port in the router and that is locked out - you will find you are also double NAT'ed.

If you go to https://ipleaks.net/  you can see the real DNS in use and your public IP - it may change for some but not many.  Mine is controlled by 3BB only unless I use a VPN which is rare..

For seven months never an issue, but yesterday I had loss of internet every 30 minutes which sometimes recovered other times I had to restart the router.  Today seems to be back to normal.  During the outages when it returned I would be assigned to open DNS six servers in US and then after another outage it was back to a single 3BB DNS server - then it failed and returned to open DNS - I think they were having DNS server issues. 

Today it is working fine and I am restricted to the normal 3BB dns server which has been like I said working fine for the whole 7 months I have had 3BB up until yesterday,  but I have always been double nat'ed and stuck with 3BB dns server.  The router is set for google dns and so is the PC's but never has it ever seen a google DNS server. This is not an issue to me as long as I get internet and they have done that so far at speed as good as most. 

PS for the first time ever I see a new IP for the DNS server is ip6 not the normal 4 so they must have been doing server stuff the other day.

Edited by RKASA

Normally a temporarily inaccessible or too busy DNS server is the cause of the problem, but, sometimes when internet browsing does not work anymore kicking Windows winsock and TCP/IP stack helps:

Start CMD as Administrator.

Execute following commands:

1. netsh winsock reset catalog
  2. netsh int ip reset reset.log hit
  3. exit CMD and restart computer.

9 hours ago, RKASA said:

Many users on 3BB cannot change the DNS - You can set it in the PC or even in the router but it is redirected via back port in the router and that is locked out - you will find you are also double NAT'ed.

If you go to https://ipleaks.net/  you can see the real DNS in use and your public IP - it may change for some but not many.  Mine is controlled by 3BB only unless I use a VPN which is rare..

For seven months never an issue, but yesterday I had loss of internet every 30 minutes which sometimes recovered other times I had to restart the router.  Today seems to be back to normal.  During the outages when it returned I would be assigned to open DNS six servers in US and then after another outage it was back to a single 3BB DNS server - then it failed and returned to open DNS - I think they were having DNS server issues. 

Today it is working fine and I am restricted to the normal 3BB dns server which has been like I said working fine for the whole 7 months I have had 3BB up until yesterday,  but I have always been double nat'ed and stuck with 3BB dns server.  The router is set for google dns and so is the PC's but never has it ever seen a google DNS server. This is not an issue to me as long as I get internet and they have done that so far at speed as good as most. 

PS for the first time ever I see a new IP for the DNS server is ip6 not the normal 4 so they must have been doing server stuff the other day.

That's not exactly what's happening, but rather your DNS does work but HTTP requests go through what's supposed to be a silent cache server which does its own DNS lookups based on the server name field in the HTTP request. This only effects HTTP requests (won't even effect HTTPS). If you're aware of it in any way it is technically malfunctioning though good luck explaining that to your ISP - they all do it, they all disobey cache rules, they all don't care.

On 05/11/2016 at 10:24 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Second that.

I know how angry many Pattaya users are with ToT.

Having ToT fibre in upcountry and close to zero complaints except some two or three power outages at their switching center over the years. One time cable torn down by a truck.

A phone call directly to their local office/switching center (by wife or daughter) gives a direct response.

Don't use the hotline anymore.

Agree, I am now upcountry, with TOT  Fiber ( because here there is only TOT ) and I am very nicely surprised by the excellent connection ; I have the professional telephone number of the person who installed the fiber in my home ( very good job, I observed him installing the stuff  ), but so far no need to call him, every thing perfect