Accused of stealing money from safe

Mickster58

28 minutes ago, Mickster58 said:

haha some of you people are funny. The kid has gone back home his mum sent him yesterday. We have since learnt that some moron was giving him yaba. Its funny how so many people judge westerners over having a thai wife. We have been married for 4 years and this is the first time anything bad has happend....

Yeh i guess i do have broken english it seems to happen when i am over here.

The bloke got his money back and everything is now over. The son has been sent back home to Ubon yesterday.. I still think about it thought because it really was a bad day. 

The whole working thing was never mentioned again, but i will be careful from now on.

Careful aint the answer.

My Wife  would love me to help her in her work but  I point  blank refuse, she  could probably earn twice as  much but Im not leaving myself open to any daft claims here.

Some moron took that Yaba

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/11/2016 at 5:30 PM, rak sa_ngop said:

Just as likely to be a scam. Start screaming and shouting at 7.00 am, start threatening to go to the police, make yourselves out to be crazy farangs and the owners of some hotels would be quick to compensate the guests to prevent unwanted attention from the police. Paying out 20,000 baht to the guests is small money compared to all the other fines the police can get you for if they want to.

Funny you said that. I stayed at two separate hotels and saw some australians pulling similar scams. The first was in Chiang Mai were they were accusing the staff of stealing an ipad, camera gear etc. Police were called and the two aussies were arrested when the police found the so called missing items under the bed LOL. The second was in Phuket when a couple accused the staff of stealing a handbag, luckily she was captured on cctv  pasted out on the footpath just in front of the hotel with her handbag LOL.  

Edited by Somebodee

21 hours ago, seancbk said:

Because as much as you might like to think everyone on here is English, there are a very large number of non native English speakers.

I don't know what nationality the OP is but if he's not English then I bet his English is still a boat load better than your Norwegian, Swedish or whatever language he speaks originally.

I never said I thought that everyone on here is English.  Don't make assumptions about what I was thinking.  I never assumed and of course obviously know that many posters here are not native english speakers.  I was just pointing out that most of the newbies with 1 post seem to ask unusual cases with a lot of ambiguities that seem mostly hypothetical and most seem to be witten using poor english.  It could all be coincidental. 

43 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I never said I thought that everyone on here is English.  Don't make assumptions about what I was thinking.  I never assumed and of course obviously know that many posters here are not native english speakers.  I was just pointing out that most of the newbies with 1 post seem to ask unusual cases with a lot of ambiguities that seem mostly hypothetical and most seem to be witten using poor english.  It could all be coincidental. 

Apologies for making an assumption.   You did however comment on the poor standard of English by some posters and I wasn't sure if you were referring to the Brits who should all be able to write correctly, or our European friends who can be forgiven for making mistakes.

How depressing for the OP that half the posts are from the predictably timid, field mice yabbering on about the guy "working" illegally.

The police dismissed it straight away and still the squeakers drone on.

Anyway, glad to hear the OP got it sorted.

Many hotels in Thailand have as part of their sign-in registration caveats such as this:

"Guests are expected to lock their rooms properly to prevent access of third parties. Upon leaving their rooms guests must close and lock the doors, windows and anti-burglary rolling shutters. The Management will not in any way whatsoever be responsible for any loss / or damage to the Guest's belongings or any other property from either the hotel room or the locker or any other part of the hotel for any cause whatsoever including theft of pilferage."

http://www.thee20.com/Booking/RoomsAndRates

9 hours ago, mcfish said:

The only question left is did the Mrs put the punk up to it? If it were me I would be already be on a flight to another part of thailand, OP they let you down.. Move on..

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Now if she put him up to it why is she still in tears today? Do you think she wants police attention at her buisness? This was simply a young boy doing something stupid. Her son came here 2 months ago and was only supposse to stay for 10 days. My wifes boss then offerd him a job to work the night shift. He was given a good oppurtunity to make some money and has since ruined that chance. My wife has lost money over this and the guesthouse has also recieved bad rep. I highly doubt she would want any of this to happen. She has been running this guesthouse for 4 years and this is the FIRST time anything like this has ever happend.

On 11/8/2016 at 7:35 AM, Mickster58 said:

haha some of you people are funny. The kid has gone back home his mum sent him yesterday. We have since learnt that some moron was giving him yaba. Its funny how so many people judge westerners over having a thai wife. We have been married for 4 years and this is the first time anything bad has happend....

Yeh i guess i do have broken english it seems to happen when i am over here.

The bloke got his money back and everything is now over. The son has been sent back home to Ubon yesterday.. I still think about it thought because it really was a bad day. 

The whole working thing was never mentioned again, but i will be careful from now on.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. 

I can only imagine what your wife and of course yourself have gone through. Even though it has been harsh, i hope a lesson has been learnt regarding access to sensitive keys?

Now if she put him up to it why is she still in tears today? Do you think she wants police attention at her buisness? This was simply a young boy doing something stupid. Her son came here 2 months ago and was only supposse to stay for 10 days. My wifes boss then offerd him a job to work the night shift. He was given a good oppurtunity to make some money and has since ruined that chance. My wife has lost money over this and the guesthouse has also recieved bad rep. I highly doubt she would want any of this to happen. She has been running this guesthouse for 4 years and this is the FIRST time anything like this has ever happend.

Ok although thais can turn on the water works like a switch it does appear she is genuine. While it's not unusual for kids to steal 20 bucks from mom's purse, stealing from a stranger is on another level. Hopefully he has learned from this.
Did he not know about security Cams?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk