Are Thai girls too kind to say no?

Jinxed

Are Thai girls too kind to say no?

:cheesy:

Ive never met one yet. Even when we had the bar,we had girls that would say no quite easily.No matter how much money was on the table.There comes a time when even the most accommodating of girls,bar or not,will not fancy the idea of a fat,geriatric,sweaty,disgusting felang being all over them.

I'm not saying that you are the type mentioned,but Thai girls,nowadays will suite themselves.

And yet years ago,they were different.

I had a friend who swore the following worked in most cases.

When a Thai girl says yes, they mean maybe.

When they say maybe, they mean no.

And when they say no, they mean definitely not and I don't like you. :tongue:

Hope that helps. :jap:

18 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Pretty much.  Just understand that with some Thai girls, their options are always open, i.e., looking to trade up.  They'll string you along just in case they in fact can't do any better.  So if she's only lukewarm about you and someone else comes along that fits her specs, then it's bye bye.  

much like frequent flyers  using miles, always looking for an upgrade

This seems like a silly thread.  If she is not that exciting, just move on.  There are lots of fish in Thai seas.

But as an aside, many Thais often say yes when they do not actually understand the question.  This is to save face (one more thing among many that you will need to learn about Thais).  For example:  Ask a Thai if they would like vanilla ice cream OR  chocolate ice cream; should I turn left OR  should I turn right?  Chances are, they will say "yes".  In reality, they did not understand your question.  Good luck. Enjoy the learning curve. It is quite a ride.

22 hours ago, itsuptome said:

Thais tend to be conflict averse and will often agree to do something simply to avoid confrontation, then go and NOT do it, and hope you get the message. This applies to dating as much as anything else. I once tried to schedule a date with a girl I really liked three times. Every time she said yes and then didn't show up. Eventually I got pissed off and blew up at her. She seemed both upset and a bit bewildered by my reaction.

They are often better at picking up on these cues than we are and they may not realize that we don't get the subtle hints they're dropping (not that there was anything hard to read about her flaking THREE times, I just didn't want to see it).

Yes, she doesn't lose face and you never see her face again! Sort of balances out really.

Probably, in my experience. Never had one say no yet. And I'm not the most handsomest guy in the world. I personally think they have a big problem with Thai guys, so many gays and ladyboys, they're just happy to find a man who's more interested in their body than their own. Probably explains the Tom thing as well.