Video of farang involved in Bangkok road rage incident goes viral

webfact

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

Thai traffic is full of people that should not be there, if the police check the motorcycle driver they probably don't have drivers licence and/or are under 18!

Next time a motorcycle cut in front of you, don't slam the brakes just keep going for another 5-10 seconds before you brake and tell the police that you froze as the motorcycle came from nowhere... Darwin effect.

Thailand is the 2nd worst country in the world with traffic accidents with about 80 people dying from road accidents daily, 2012 the average for the world was 17 deaths per 100,000/year compared to 36 in Thailand, in 2014 that number was 44 per 100,000 and WHO state that it should probably be more than 40% higher than that if they would follow the same standards as in EU and US for reporting traffic related deaths... that mean about 63 per 100,000 compared to 17 in global average, 9 in Europe and 73 in Libya, a country in civil war! 

So you're telling people here to deliberately run into somebody. And somebody likes that, sad on both counts.

Saying you almost killed my daughter is the same idiotic term  like the one used in the airline industry of a "Near Miss". It didn't happen and from the looks of it, wasn't even close at any level. Somehow he must have thought the fear of them killing someone has more meaning. 

I do not about Brits but in the US most always over react to the incident using the extreme. "You could have killed me" "You could have killed others" "You could kill someone" and most of the time it was a fender altercation and the police do not even come and no one was hurt. Exchange insurance information and be on your way. 555.

Lots of stupid people all over the world, that's for sure

3 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

i dont want to judge becos i didnt know what happen b4 but seems like the university kids might be driving in a reckless manner that cause a minor accident that causes the farang to be so upset as it might have been much worse injuring or even death of his kid in the car.

even then i lived in ABAC BANGNA. anyone who lived here would know its a rich kid's university area where everyone comes from good home n drive expensive cars and u would think the kids here would be well behaved behind the wheels. sorry but no... its the same as anywhere or even worse, they drive so recklessly especially the more expensive the car the more dangerous they drive..

The richer they are in Thailand, the less likely they are to have any feelings and compassion toward others. They wouldn't shed a tear or feel an iota of guilt if they kill someone. It's their birthright after all since their family has money. 

10 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

A bit sparse on details here. Was that silver car the farangs? one with dent in it? Yeah, shouldn't have pushed them, but far cry from slapping in the face, breaking nose and all that....

Looks to me like the white car is his and the two Thais were being 'encouraged' to look into the car to see that he had children inside.

He doesn't sound British to me.

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

Is he a real Brit? I mean one of those Brittish "gentlemen" who are always polite and well mannered?

Then why the <deleted> does he speak this way? I understand his anger but he should have stayed calm. He gives all of us farlang a bad name.

Many farang as you like to call westerners, don't need anyone else to give them a bad name - they do very well all by themselves.

3 hours ago, johnny Cage said:

"Leave Thailand you mean farang". Like asking a Thai in my country to leave for being an a**hole. Doesn't seem right.

You can tell him to leave but it wont change the fact that Thais drive like a..h..les

Mouthing off after an accident, whatever the cause, isn't likely to help anyone.

As soon as he got in their face and laid hands on them he's then guilty of assault. Which is captured on film.

You have to keep your cool, keep civil and let the insurance companies sort it. 

If this was in the UK he would find himself talking with the police about his behavior.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

OK for a Thai to display road rage; not OK for farang.  

Actually, road rage by anyone does not help one little bit....just inflames the incident....like pouring fuel on a fire which can cause things to get out of control.

.....the farang was drinking the poison , and expecting the students to die .....

Hard to know what happened. Seems to be little damage to both vehicles. "You could've killed my kids".  Wonder if they were unrestrained or restrained with seat belts or in a kiddy seat, depending on age. Either way he was treading on very thin ice there. Luckily for him most Thais are good people. Definitely NOT the way to react here in Thailand.

Yet another media "beef up", see excited "farangs" most days....mostly, being bad mannered in a foreign country.

In this instance, understand the "farang" guy being upset, but to trying to force the Thai guys use Thai custom,  is way out of order!!

Lucky somebody didn't take to him!! 

Should be remembered as foreigners we are guests in this country & should behave accordingly.

3 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Thai traffic is full of people that should not be there, if the police check the motorcycle driver they probably don't have drivers licence and/or are under 18!

Next time a motorcycle cut in front of you, don't slam the brakes just keep going for another 5-10 seconds before you brake and tell the police that you froze as the motorcycle came from nowhere... Darwin effect.

Thailand is the 2nd worst country in the world with traffic accidents with about 80 people dying from road accidents daily, 2012 the average for the world was 17 deaths per 100,000/year compared to 36 in Thailand, in 2014 that number was 44 per 100,000 and WHO state that it should probably be more than 40% higher than that if they would follow the same standards as in EU and US for reporting traffic related deaths... that mean about 63 per 100,000 compared to 17 in global average, 9 in Europe and 73 in Libya, a country in civil war! 

Counseling people to try and increase the road deaths in this country seems in poor taste. And stating that you froze at the wheel would hardly help you escape justice. If you actually try this, I suggest you will win the Darwin Award.

Every foreigner knows what happens when you get involved in a street fracas with Thais can have very bad outcome usually for the foreigner it’s our country and don’t you ever forget it Dumbo, we are many.  and never fight one to one unless they have a gun then its ok      

4 hours ago, johnny Cage said:

"Leave Thailand you mean farang". Like asking a Thai in my country to leave for being an a**hole. Doesn't seem right.

It is wrong, the Thai's abroad need to have some of the racist attitude to start bringing home how wrong it is!

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Is he a real Brit? I mean one of those Brittish "gentlemen" who are always polite and well mannered?

Then why the <deleted> does he speak this way? I understand his anger but he should have stayed calm. He gives all of us farlang a bad name.

He gives us a bad name? Really? How is that?

3 hours ago, terryp said:

"This is Thailand brother - you don't need to worry".

and there you have the problem , you could stay here 1,000 years and you will NEVER be accepted by these so called people (married with Thai born children...but NO RIGHTS ...Ridiculous).

All you armchair warriors commenting on this you are pathetic..;. they were HIS children not yours I guess thats the difference, you obviously dont value your children's well-being ..accident or not

GOOD FOR HIM..far too many idiots driving vehicles in this country that are basically not mentally capable of controlling as Numerous DEATHS prove daily

Spot on!

That vile word FARANG again......it's insulting to lump White Superior people under one name.

Like calling an American a Yank or a Thai......'The Asian'.

I don't agree with violence BUT why should we Westerners be expected to accept such incidents.

Thai are the most IMPATIENT people I have ever met.

Cannot wait 1 second in a shop or on the road.....hence the huge death rate.

If Thailand had been a British Colony it would have helped them considerably.

3 minutes ago, English 1 said:

That vile word FARANG again......it's insulting to lump White Superior people under one name.

Like calling an American a Yank or a Thai......'The Asian'.

I don't agree with violence BUT why should we Westerners be expected to accept such incidents.

Thai are the most IMPATIENT people I have ever met.

Cannot wait 1 second in a shop or on the road.....hence the huge death rate.

If Thailand had been a British Colony it would have helped them considerably.

be  too expensive  to  live  here  then