Friend Requests on Facebook

ThaiNotes

42 minutes ago, KonaRain said:

Sorry, like doesn't make it visible to others.. share does but you can control that with privacy settings.  A world symbol is public, but the little people holding hands is friends only and when I try to share it, it warns  me that only your common friends can see it. (again)

Aloha

I see many folks seeming to confuse privacy with security. Like they feel more secure if a post is private. My advice is never feel

secure about ANYTHING ever posted online, no exceptions. Any sense of security you derive from anything online that you believe

is not to be shared with others is nothing more than a false sense of security. Of course it goes without saying to never post anything

online you don't want to share with the world. Just like never tell any secrets! Same same, but different! :shock1:

Edited by ykatz0

Hi
No wonder you got friends request from strangers, the work you have shared are exselent. Lots of people around the world struggling to learn to read and writing thai.[emoji5]
They probebly share the same interest as you.
Take a look at their profiles, or chance your Facebook name so it is not so easy to find you on internett/Facebook.

Sent fra min SM-P605 via Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, sniffdog said:

I have a hard time shifting through all the sh*t with 23 friends let alone with thousands of friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sniffdog is right. It would be impossible to manage that many friends. I'd call them contacts though, not friends.  Personally, I think "small is beautiful" . 

Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same Facebook principles.
Therefore, every day I go out on the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before, and what I will do tomorrow. Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog, of me gardening and spending time in my pool.

I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them. 

It works! I already have 3 persons following me: 
2 police officers and a psychiatrist. 

23 hours ago, neeray said:
14 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same Facebook principles.
Therefore, every day I go out on the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before, and what I will do tomorrow. Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog, of me gardening and spending time in my pool.

That sounds very exciting, I just spend all day on Thai Visa , posting "The BIB didnt get enough tea money" "Brown envelope" "500 Baht fine and two weeks in a temple" and desperately trying to find things that dont make sense , teling everyone what "realy" happened in news stories and letting every other Thai Visa poster know just how rich and successful I am and that Im much wiser, richer and more successful than they are and my Wife didnt work in a bar

36 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Ditto, ditto, ditto !

Could not have said it better. 

I  "like" you. 

On 11/12/2016 at 8:23 AM, seancbk said:

Given that the maximum number of 'friends' you can have on a Facebook account is 5000, I find this a bit dubious.  

Just accept that people are different, some people are more sociable than others.  

I only allow people to be friends on my Facebook account if I've know them in person for long enough to call them a mate.  I still have over 1000 friends on there because I am a very social person in real life.  

It was a long time ago so maybe 4300.  In my town years ago I knew hundreds of people because of being high profile.  I wouldn't call more than a handful 'friends'.  But no matter.  How can anyone have 4300 'friends'?

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:52 PM, williet98248 said:

Some are just 'collectors'.  Their self esteem is predicated on how many 'friends' they have.  I got a friend request from some guy and when I checked his profile he boasted of 43,000 'friends'.  Uh, no thanks.  But others may be friends of friends or interested in your business.  Accept or not.  I check my FB account about one every six months,   Rarely post.  Who cares what I had for dinner anyway?

Facebook will let you have 5000 friends maximum

Your "43.000 friends" is your invention

I see many folks seeming to confuse privacy with security. Like they feel more secure if a post is private. My advice is never feel
secure about ANYTHING ever posted online, no exceptions. Any sense of security you derive from anything online that you believe
is not to be shared with others is nothing more than a false sense of security. Of course it goes without saying to never post anything
online you don't want to share with the world. Just like never tell any secrets! Same same, but different! :shock1:

I heard it called transparency today on BBC, the internet is the world's biggest copy machine.and world's largest tracker.. deal with it or..
(nothing personal, my friend)
Alohz everyone..