Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Why do petrol stations force motorcycles to use specific bowsers?

kaorop

So now you've got me really confused?  The lowly pump attendant is too lazy to walk over to fill your tank at the pump of your choice, and that's a bad thing, but it is ok that you are so lazy that you can't reach across your car to manually roll down your window?

On 11/12/2016 at 0:36 PM, Ace of Pop said:

I recon there should be E85 and E20 Only Statios .Those smelly Diesl things are below us Ferangs.Also no Mocy under 750cc either. The place is going to ruin.emoji602.pngemoji965.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well, I am really sorry to disturb your sense of smell, but most car manufacturers in Thailand and importers are bringing in diesel powered cars now.

So sorry......for you.

Deli, what has self service or pump attendants to do with being a civilized country? You seem to be not the sharpest knife in your Mother's kitchen drawer.

Could you grasp. I mean eventually, that employment is created, that it is a service which can only be provided in countries with low salaries and that it can help to prevent theft? You certainly don't tip pump attendants, I assume. You live in the wrong country! Thailand should adopt a 2-tier fee for filling up gas, one for farangs like you and one for local.

If you have 10 pumps squirting between 20 baht and 50 baht into each motorcycle tank, and they occupy all your fill points, it would make very good business sense to reserve some spaces for a few Fortuna's  and D-Max's to fill with 1000 + baht tank full ?

4 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Crying about nothing. get in line and follow the rules...simple 

Back home it is self serve. use your ATM card or credit card at the pump. no attendent. And off you go.

Where do you come from ?

I have never filled my tank myself !

If there is no service I drive off to the next, but this has seldom happened in my 60 years of driving.

Where do you come from ?
I have never filled my tank myself !
If there is no service I drive off to the next, but this has seldom happened in my 60 years of driving.

In my home country, Denmark, I believe the service stations were closed up late 60's, due to the attendants inhaling too much gasoline fumes.
I have always done it myself, it's been common for many years in the northern part or Europe - and I actually prefer to do it myself.

On 11/12/2016 at 8:14 AM, Langsuan Man said:

I too had to look it up:

I had to read it twice as I thought it sounded curious, but I misread it twice before looking at the post.  I thought it said Browsers, and that it was going to be a joke about them forcing you off your preferred chat application.  

Must be late.  Time for bed.

On 12/11/2016 at 9:21 AM, bobbin said:

I dislike this as well, since it almost always means the attendant is filling the tank while the bike is leaning away from them..

I always put my bike up on the centre stand for them, hopefully it gets filled just a touch more and means fewer trips. Yes they seem to direct me to the same lane, but it seems to be one that is in the shade, and does not have diesel there.

My filler cap is on the driver side, and I have electric windows on the truck, so I do not suffer the other great inconvenience.

15 hours ago, recom273 said:

Never gonna happen !!

There is a (BP I think, the green and yellow ones, you see them in Malaysia a lot more ) self serve pump in Hat Yai .. People roll up, they sit there waiting for the pump attendant, they get out, they scratch their heads and drive off.

self service doesn't happen.

There is a self service PTT on Srinakarin, opposite tarad rod fai. And that one is always packed.

49 minutes ago, bramds said:

There is a self service PTT on Srinakarin, opposite tarad rod fai. And that one is always packed.

I'm glad about that.

Come to the Deep South, where people are generally lazier, poorly educated, patient and less willing to accept change and you will see a different story.

Its like kids trying to put the square block in the round hole.

Many secondhand motorcycles have their clock turned back by the sellers. Also more than a few petrol pumps cheat on the amount of fuel.

I once had a m/c with an 11 litre tank which included a litre and a half reserve. So I would always fill up as soon as I could after going onto reserve. One petrol station I went to right after hitting reserve filled me up and the pump claimed I had received 12 litres. Of course the pump attendants know nothing about it as it is probably the owner who cheats and they are ignorant of it.  never went there again.

Perhaps such an owner might instruct his staff to favour the 'bent' pump?

On 12/11/2016 at 4:16 AM, bek said:

I don't mind them directing me to wherever is most convenient for them - their job is shit, so whatever can make it easier for them is ok by me.

What I do mind, is when the they tap the nozzle on the side of the tank opening.
I understand it's because they don't want to spill drops on the tank, but wait 5 seconds and let gravity take care of the remaining few drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Convenience is something offered to customers, not staff. No wonder customer service is so poor in Thailand.

Convenience is something offered to customers, not staff. No wonder customer service is so poor in Thailand.

I am a on a bike or in a car, when I go there. It's hardly an inconvenience (well, for most people apparently) to direct the car or bike to a specific pump.

If one's tolerance for things like this isn't bigger, it can be frustrating living in Thailand.

On 15/11/2016 at 5:06 PM, godblessemall said:

Many secondhand motorcycles have their clock turned back by the sellers. Also more than a few petrol pumps cheat on the amount of fuel.

I once had a m/c with an 11 litre tank which included a litre and a half reserve. So I would always fill up as soon as I could after going onto reserve. One petrol station I went to right after hitting reserve filled me up and the pump claimed I had received 12 litres. Of course the pump attendants know nothing about it as it is probably the owner who cheats and they are ignorant of it.  never went there again.

Perhaps such an owner might instruct his staff to favour the 'bent' pump?

Keep an eye opening for the nozzle being handed from one bike or pump attendant to the next, without the counter being reset, it's a common scam, especially at busy times.

On 14/11/2016 at 8:59 PM, cracker1 said:

If you have 10 pumps squirting between 20 baht and 50 baht into each motorcycle tank, and they occupy all your fill points, it would make very good business sense to reserve some spaces for a few Fortuna's  and D-Max's to fill with 1000 + baht tank full ?

I'm putting the highest qual gas available at around 2-300 baht and gone in 60 secs.

Whats even funnier is that I recently had no choice and went to the same station, there was a bus taking up 4 spaces and I got directed to "the banned pump".

Archived