Make tourist visa last 6 months?

I am in Thailand now on a retirement visa. I just realized my retirement extension expired on the 3rd ( I thought it was the end of this month). I realize I pay 500 baht a day for overstay. I am moving back to America in April or May of next year. I never had to prove my bank funds before as I am an American and don't have to but this year I actually don't have the funds in case I get that one in a million who say they don't care and ask for proof. I was thinking of going to Penang and getting a regular tourist visa and extending it. How can I make it last the 6 months I need. Leaving the country every 3 months is not a problem as I will have a few million baht in January ( yearly retirement check ). 

You should be able to use single entry tourist visas to tide you over. You can get them easily in Penang, Vientiane and Savannakhet. Leave as soon as possible! In the current climate, having overstay stamps in your passport is not a good idea and could lead to problems down the line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sniffdog said:

Now tell me Brittim how one can use a 90 day visa fits 180 days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

" You should be able to use single entry tourist visas ..."

There's an s after visa in his post, implying more than one.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sniffdog said:

The OP talked about 'a' regular visa thus singular. He didn't ask for back to back visas.

6 hours ago, bustit997 said:

Leaving the country every 3 months is not a problem as I will have a few million baht in January ( yearly retirement check ).

He seems to be aware it would require leaving the country to stay for 6 months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sniffdog said:

Maybe he thinks he can make border runs. Silly question BTW as so much info is available about TRs. And if he has money by Jan he shouldn't need more than one.

He should as the money needs to be in the bank for a couple of months

3 hours ago, sniffdog said:

Maybe he thinks he can make border runs. Silly question BTW as so much info is available about TRs. And if he has money by Jan he shouldn't need more than one.

METV are only available from your home country, or a country you hold permanent residency status.

Double entries are no longer available.

The OP therefore has been given good advice to obtain a SETV + 30 day extension, then repeat the process to get a total 6 months.

• Like 1