Thaivisa exclusive: Dutch man arrested for wife's murder in Thailand

rooster59

Thaivisa exclusive: Dutch man arrested for wife's murder in Thailand 

rrr.jpg
Dutch cold case detectives re-opened the investigation in June

Thaivisa understands that a Dutch man wanted for the 2007 murder of a Malaysian woman in Ranong Thailand is now in custody.

We understand that Lambertus Den Dulk - known as Bert - was arrested on Tuesday.

The information comes from a source who was instrumental in ensuring that the case is not forgotten.

Malaysian national Fairos (Ros) Sulaiman was found stuffed in a septic tank in 2008

In 2007 her Dutch husband had disappeared from their home with their then two year old son. No missing persons report had been filed about Ros.

When Thai police failed to make progress they handed over the investigation to their Dutch counterparts. 

Thaivisa are waiting to hear confirmation from Leo Simais of the Den Haag police.

But we have received confirmation from officers that an arrest has now occurred.

The suspect's whereabouts had been unknown for several years amid reports he may have returned to Holland. 

The story attracted the attention of a top Dutch film maker who has praised friends of the couple for not letting the case rest.

Thaivisa reported exclusively in June that Dutch police were reopening the cold case.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-12

It would be jnteresting to follow this one.

So Bert is not in Thailand?

If he is in custody in Holland then will he be tried there or returned to Thailand where the crime took place?

Will the Danish courts consider Bert can receive a fair trial in Thailand? 

Edited by ClutchClark

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

If he is in custody in Holland then will he be tried there or returned to Thailand where the crime took place?

ClutchClark, Bert is from Holland, so why do you ask: Will the Danish courts consider Bert can receive a fair trial in Thailand? 

He is NOT from Denmark, so no Danish court will concider anything!

1 minute ago, intellibent said:

ClutchClark, Bert is from Holland, so why do you ask: Will the Danish courts consider Bert can receive a fair trial in Thailand? 

He is NOT from Denmark, so no Danish court will concider anything!

I thought I edited that !

Thanks for catching it. 

In answer to your question--I wrote that because I was having a senior moment. 

;-)

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

When Thai police failed to make progress they handed over the investigation to their Dutch counterparts. 

In football this is known as a hand off. Does not surprise me that they failed to make progress. The BIB have a short attention span especially when the case is not Thai related. Now a reward that would have peaked their interest. Get out the baht blood hounds I smell money in the air and the case would have been solved. Kudo's to the unknown person that was on the case and made sure it was not forgotten. Dedication at its finest. 

25 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

In football this is known as a hand off. Does not surprise me that they failed to make progress. The BIB have a short attention span especially when the case is not Thai related. Now a reward that would have peaked their interest. Get out the baht blood hounds I smell money in the air and the case would have been solved. Kudo's to the unknown person that was on the case and made sure it was not forgotten. Dedication at its finest. 

I hate to get in the way of your usual  Thai bashing but the Thai police completed the investigation. They only had trouble tracking down the husband and so they asked the assistance of the country he was a citizen of...which is how it works every day with the law enforcement communities of the world.

The Dutch police did not travel to Thailand and perform the investigation. They simply reviewed the request of the Thai police and tracked Bert down right there at home.

1 minute ago, ClutchClark said:

I hate to get in the way of your usual  Thai bashing but the Thai police completed the investigation. They only had trouble tracking down the husband and so they asked the assistance of the country he was a citizen of...which is how it works every day with the law enforcement communities of the world.

The Dutch police did not travel to Thailand and perform the investigation. They simply reviewed the request of the Thai police and tracked Bert down right there at home.

So there is more to this story than published. Thank you Sherlock Holmes. My Thai bashing is not usual its casual. I am outdone by far by some of my peers on here. 

Edited by elgordo38

9 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Quit being so critical we all make mistakes. Take a pill. 

This was reported in Dutch papers earlier this week,apparently they found a body on the property in Thailand where they used to live.

Peter r de Vries a well known Dutch program maker was the man behind the investigation,he keeps on digging until he gets his man.

5 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Why Danish courts ? He is from Holland.

As horrific as this case is, it's somewhat refreshing to not read that Thai police have already determined guilt, innocence or suicide ( unless term wanted, means they have found him guilty already)

i recently read in Thai law docs that Thailand does allow for the prosecution of crimes committed in Thailand, to be tried in foreign jurisdictions... subject to treaties, of course

lack of treaties might make extradition harder, so, as CC has commented, this will be interesting to follow, and hopefully our Dutch brethren herein will keep us informed, if the action happens over there

Looking at the photo it appears he is being interviewed by thais in Thailand.  The water bottle on the desk is in thai the same as the notice board behind them.  Are they just using a photo of any farang to represent him or is he now back in thailand being processed?

11 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

10 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Quit being so critical we all make mistakes. Take a pill. 

"Quit being so critical"?  Bloody hell, take a look at your first post on this and then see who needs to quit being critical.

9 hours ago, lungnorm said:

Would be good if they could get their English correct. Where I come from Dutch man is always spelled Dutchman.!!!! If they cannot get this right they will surely not get anything else right.

It's neither here nor there, a Dutch man is no less incorrect than a Dutchman and regardless of whether the journalist who wrote the OP gets it right or not, it will make no difference to the case because it is being investigated by the police, not the journalist.

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

Looking at the photo it appears he is being interviewed by thais in Thailand.  The water bottle on the desk is in thai the same as the notice board behind them.  Are they just using a photo of any farang to represent him or is he now back in thailand being processed?

The photo doesn't say anything about who is in it, what makes you think it's the accused?

I sincerely thank the Good Lord for us having guy's like Mark Rothrham on this planet ,this Aussie man showed what it takes to defend the defenseless.

Our Embassy is like an onion, the more you peel, the more you cry!!

2 hours ago, hgma said:

I sincerely thank the Good Lord for us having guy's like Mark Rothrham on this planet ,this Aussie man showed what it takes to defend the defenseless.

Our Embassy is like an onion, the more you peel, the more you cry!!

Just me being an unknowing person, but exactly how does an Aussie man by the name of  Mark Rothrham and your embassy fit in here?