Transferred! Aggressive cop who grabbed tour bus driver sent to clerical duties.

rooster59

31 minutes ago, hobobo said:

And there goes his Christmas tea money too!

I doubt that.

It will be shared with him

Remember the police officers in Kalasin that were convicted of murder while on duty - tortured a 17 yr old to death, crushed his testicles, hung him from a tree. They were convicted after years of international pressure, sentenced to death.

Immediately released on 'bail' and the police fund rewarded them with 100,000thb each for their hard work.

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

to the above posters , can you point me in the direction where the driver was filming while driving the bus, or did you just make it up as per usual.

Can you watch the video, much of which is clearly shot from the drivers seat using a mobile phone.

Which, any way you slice it, is illegal and dangerous.

Edited by Chicog

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Exactly, this police officer has done nothing wrong. Using a mobile phone whilst driving a passenger bus is extremely dangerous and against the law.

But due to social media netizens who control the rule of law in Thailand. The policeman's agressive behaviour is being judged and not Thai law and order. If you break the rules you get punished not given a smile a wave and a pat on the back.

If I were this policemans boss I'd make him a role mode for other officers to be tough on crime and not to pander to the social media netizens.

People filming you on their mobile phone is irritating. Unless your a celebrity or Yingluck.

Disguising his identity is okay by you? Nothing wrong with that? You have to be joking!

5 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Exactly, this police officer has done nothing wrong. Using a mobile phone whilst driving a passenger bus is extremely dangerous and against the law.

But due to social media netizens who control the rule of law in Thailand. The policeman's agressive behaviour is being judged and not Thai law and order. If you break the rules you get punished not given a smile a wave and a pat on the back.

If I were this policemans boss I'd make him a role mode for other officers to be tough on crime and not to pander to the social media netizens.

People filming you on their mobile phone is irritating. Unless your a celebrity or Yingluck.

Sorry mate that's rubbish,he wasn't driving the bus while filming,he was filming the so called policeman who had stopped him and got on the bus.I say "so called"because he had a complete cover up outfit on,nothing whatsoever to identify him as a policeman.If you cannot identify these people how do you know who they are and also,why was he dressed like that.He could easily have been a scam artist.

8 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

Sorry mate that's rubbish,he wasn't driving the bus while filming,he was filming the so called policeman who had stopped him and got on the bus.

You may wanna watch the video.  You still have 29 minutes to delete this before it's cast in stone forever on the interweb...  God forbid your unborn grandkids see it 30 years from now.  They'll never let you live it down.

Edited by impulse

Bus driver - Rare and unique to keep slowly in the left lane, not driving at the speed lane where actually bus cannot go as they do on regular basis.
Policeman - Criminal case for assault on a bus driver, abuse of power, doing a police work when he is off his duty (no offical bike plates for police, no identification) = It's a jail sentence actually not just "transfer to desk".

I have to lookup in Thai dictionary definition of words: "Justice", "Protect", "Serve", "Citizen", maybe it's wrong definition at the very own meaning of words. 

3 hours ago, hobobo said:

And there goes his Christmas tea money too!

I wouldn't count on that. Clerical duties likely means he has been placed on envelopes and funds distribution duties. Includes reconciliation of funds collected from regular donors and allocated as per distribution lists. He will undoubtedly make sure he remains on the list and probably move himself up a peg or two.

1 minute ago, Brer Fox said:

I wouldn't count on that. Clerical duties likely means he has been placed on envelopes and funds distribution duties. Includes reconciliation of funds collected from regular donors and allocated as per distribution lists. He will undoubtedly make sure he remains on the list and probably move himself up a peg or two.

Seriously ?

New vision: "Through official crime towards success!" 

I think i'll throw up lunch i've just had.

Edited by MikeThaiEvo
grammar

Okay, let's say the driver was using his phone while driving - so what? Let the law deal with that aspect of the story.

The point of the story was the police officer's conduct. I got pulled over for speeding back home. The officers there didn't man handle me and didn't try to hide their identities. They were polite and simply gave me a ticket. 

Aggresive police make people nervous. When people are nervous, silly things can happen. Police need better training. Hell, any training would be good. Start off with knowing law. 

The full video of the incident in one take not posted in 4 parts on someones facebook account.

The driver was using his mobile phone while driving a passenger bus. Refused to hand over the evidence to the police officer. In the end the police officer had to let him go due to passengers siding with the driver.

As for i.d a bright yellow top with the word 'Police' on it gives it away. Why would a bogus policeman go to so much trouble disguising himself for a traffic fine?

The whole thing is blown out of proportion because the driver argued back at the policeman. Rarely do Thais do this so to see it on video has given them a glimpse or fantasy of what they would like to do.

No one likes to be pulled over by the police. A fantasy video for police haters. Top of the hit parade.

"........ as well as fine him for videoing and driving on the left."

Pardon, I thought that by law,  you are supposed to drive on the left! And since when was it against the law to be "videoing"? 

I think as well as the cop being transferred to clerical duties, the journalist who wrote this article should accompany him for a bit of training!

"........ as well as fine him for videoing and driving on the left."

Pardon, I thought that by law,  you are supposed to drive on the left! And since when was it against the law to be "videoing"? 
I think as well as the cop being transferred to clerical duties, the journalist who wrote this article should accompany him for a bit of training!

According to section 43 of Thailand’s Land Traffic Act, a driver is prohibited from talking on a cell phone while driving, unless he or she is using a hands-free device.

12 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

According to section 43 of Thailand’s Land Traffic Act, a driver is prohibited from talking on a cell phone while driving, unless he or she is using a hands-free device.

According to the way the extract from the article is written, (which is the point I was trying to get across) there is no mention of him  "talking on a cell phone while driving" only "videoing" and "driving on the left" which is another point I was trying to get across, hence my suggestion that the journalist should also get some clerical training!

From the video, it is fairly obvious that he was driving while using a cell phone, which is probably against the law, not just talking on one! 

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

As for i.d a bright yellow top with the word 'Police' on it gives it away. Why would a bogus policeman go to so much trouble disguising himself for a traffic fine?

For a platinum member and so many posts, you are quite naive my friend. That uniform can be purchased/obtained even on a street market in Sattahip, so don't give yourself so easy "a go" to be proud and wrong at the same time. 

There has been hundreds of scams by fake police over the past 3 years how long i'm around, from North to South, and East to West in Thailand, including few kidnapping and extortion cases, and definitely it's not OK to defend assaulting OFFICER on a bus driver. As someone stated already earlier, he didn't had right to take PHONE as the evidence (since if he was talking on phone, phone is not the evidence, GSM Provider is with a bullet-proof listing of calls), especially not in such aggressive manners. 

Active highway police officer is obligated to wear helmet with identification number, by recent law a GO-PRO attached to the helmet and at least government registered vehicle (motorbike with Royal Thai Police identification plates) which this officer didn't had.

And if you would knew law so much, let me remind you that obtaining any electronic form of someone else personal data without consent is defined 2007 by we all know who as a first degree crime - which in this case applies also to the policeman trying with force to take over the device and content where owner (the bus driver) is not obliged to give. 

10 hours ago, mercman24 said:

to the above posters , can you point me in the direction where the driver was filming while driving the bus, or did you just make it up as per usual.

Make up  a story for your own little ego trip - nothing new...

After the new X-ray initiative, all incoming baggage will be scanned for illegal items and taxable goods.
Taxable items found but not reported will be subjected to tax. People with illegal items can be prosecuted.

Money making scheme, nothing to do with terrorism.
Phew, and I thought Thailand cared for a minute there. Just like the girl at the bar says "Money, number 1".

My apologies for my stereotypical rant on Thai people, just a general comment on a expat forum used to chat about the news in Thailand. I love all Thais, food, and the weather, pls don't judge me, too late, I've been grouped into the TV fat miserable expat who hates Thailand type. I shall deport myself immediately.