Trump's election leaves American Muslims reeling and scared

webfact

21 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I think you are completely wrong and need a little help. It's your kind of mentality that is making things worse. They are not trying to hurt you walking around lower Sukumvit or at MBK. It's all in your head dude!!

21 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I think you are completely wrong and need a little help. It's your kind of mentality that is making things worse. They are not trying to hurt you walking around lower Sukumvit or at MBK. It's all in your head dude!!

I think he's spot on. We've  got a house in Pattankarn and every time I stroll to the local market or minimart I encounter all manner of friendliness, common courtesy or outright indifference to my presence. It's a nightmare. I insisted my wife pin some bacon and sossies  to our gate lest my muslim neighbour who lent me some jump cables when my car had a flat battery or the muslim lady down the street whose daughter attended my daughter’s birthday party and brought some nice snacks decide it's time to string up the infidel. I reckon they're just biding their time...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Really what's the point of rehashing talking points from anti Islam websites.All religions during the course of history have created religious and to this day believers' associated political wars.. In today's world it's a fact there are many differing interpretations and schools of jurisprudence concerning the Koran in the Islamic world, some extreme, some not so.

As with others on this forum I have lived among a Muslim community for a number of years (in my case Thailand) and never experienced the attitudes of harshness of literal interpretation of the Koran or observed oppression of females and other issues you and others talk to, so enough of the all encompassing generlisations

BTW I do not subscribe to any Abrahamic faith.

It is not a generalization to state that Islam is not and never has been a religion of peace. You have stated that you did at one time subscribe to a certain Abraham faith, but that you changed your mind on it (quite right too) Saying you have never experience the religious intolerance from Islam is irrelevant, millions have including millions of the dead caused by the Koran and it's war lord prophet. USA Muslims whining about possible intolerance are having a laugh as they belong to one of the most intolerant faiths on earth.

Trump has swept in on a wave of racism...........Why is it that those who live by racism, spend so much time denying they are racists? I have to agree that racism is the grossest form of stupidity, so I suppose they are just too stupid to realise they are racists?

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

It is not a generalization to state that Islam is not and never has been a religion of peace. 

The bold is a clear cut, sweeping, tar them all with the same brush...generalisation, to the extent it would be a good example usuage of the word in a dictionary.

In reality the overwhelming majority of muslims live peaceful, non-violent lives... That is a stastical fact not a generalisation.

Edited by onthesoi

6 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Fox News is about as reliable as the National Enquirer.

The question of what she would have done if the homeless man was black is inherently unknowable. The fact is that she was drunk, had consumed drugs, and ran into the homeless guy, then didn't report it until it was too late to save him.  Far cry from offering someone a ride, then beating him with a baseball bat, urinating on him, chaining him to the bumper of a truck, and dragging him over two kilometers of paved road - for the sole reason that he was black.

Your attempt to equate the two incidents is much more of an indicator of where your head is at than anything else.

I don't watch Fox News, and I don't debate racists. Both are a waste of time. Goodbye.

Yet another poster who thinks it is important to announce who he puts on ignore.  The hysteria meter is breaking new records.

53 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

The bold is a clear cut, sweeping, tar them all with the same brush...generalisation, to the extent it would be a good example usuage of the word in a dictionary.

In reality the overwhelming majority of muslims live peaceful, non-violent lives... That is a stastical fact not a generalisation.

Not THEM  but IT- ISLAM, you know the faith that is used so often to justify slaughter by some of it's followers. Most Nazi's and Communists led peaceful lives, but that did not make what they believed in any less harmful, that's a 'fact'.

Edited by thai3

23 hours ago, simple1 said:

Many posters do not differentiate & post really ugly bigoted cruel content. Not all branches / practitioners of Islam are the 'same'.

All branches of Islam follow the same book and state that it is the final and unchangeable word of god. Ergo all branches are the same except in peripheral issues, as in Shia and Sunni disagreeing as to whom is the true descendent of the prophet.

Any westerner from a "free" country that has lived in a sharia Muslim country will probably have the same opinion of them ( with the exception of a few deluded ( IMO ) individuals.

The thing that frightens me is that far from accepting that they live in a country with different mores, they seek to convert our "free" societies to their horrid dictatorial one.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

18 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

I neither watch Fox News, nor consider it a reliable source, and simply refuse to click on that link, so  I used Google to find the story.

As horrible and unavoidable as the incident was, there is zero indication that the woman intentionally ran the guy down, nor that she hit him because he was white.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

What has that got to do with the thread? Is anyone saying D T drags blacks behind his limo?

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

Not THEM  but IT- ISLAM, you know the faith that is used so often to justify slaughter by some of it's followers. Most Nazi's and Communists led peaceful lives, but that did not make what they believed in any less harmful, that's a 'fact'.

You're tying yourself in knots here.

How can a religion be violent?

Only people can be violent.

You cannot believe in violence while simultaneously claiming to lead a peaceful life.

To believe in violence is to be violent.

Did hitler actually commit acts of violence himself?

Or did he have other people do it for him?

Does that then mean hitler led a peaceful life?

Can you see how your logic is invalid?

If you want to compare body count over the last 500 years then european, christian-judeo white people win hands down no contest in the violence stakes.  Even over the last 100 years our tally is more than 100 million.

Edited by onthesoi

As the koran has over 103 verses urging or condoning violence, I consider that a violent ideology. No Hitler did not commit violent acts himself, but the Prophet did, including leading many attacks on his enemies and competitors.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All branches of Islam follow the same book and state that it is the final and unchangeable word of god.

The consensus view of modern Western scholars (eg. Tom Holland) is that the writings that ended up as the Koran had their origins in the prayers, devotions and liturgy of the Christian heresy Arianism, with which they share the common mantra "There is one God ..." (Arianism denies the Trinity). When Islam became a state cult (just as Christianity did under Constantine) it was necessary to bury those origins, and Islam became centered in Mecca, a place mentioned only once in the Koran, to assist in such "obscurantism". This view is borne out by at least one modern Muslim scholar who described pre-Mohammedan Coptic Christians in Egypt as model Moslems - Muslim Copts before Muhammed by Fadel Soliman

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not about the ancient texts. It's about how they're interpreted today. Fundamentalism is general is dangerous. 

So what you're saying is that when one fundamentalist person makes an assertion about someone else's fundamentalist attitudes they can't be challenged?

1 hour ago, Loeilad said:

I find the racial ignorance and overtly racist attitude of some TV members quite disturbing - it would likely  be illegal in most western countries to make these kind of inciting statements...I'm surprised ThaiVisa allows it.

Quite often I find those loosing the arguement, resort to using the words,racist and xenophobic.

image.jpeg

Edited by nontabury

9 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Quite often I find those loosing the arguement, resort to using the words,racist and xenophobic.

Unfortunately in TV, there is a tendency from the right to paint all Muslims as terrorists or terrorist apologists - and that is bigotry. 

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 1:12 PM, RuamRudy said:

Unfortunately in TV, there is a tendency from the right to paint all Muslims as terrorists or terrorist apologists - and that is bigotry. 

Read the Koran and also study the rise of islamic imperialism. Then take a muslim girl out for a beer and a tab of E. Islam is a perverted death cult.

6 hours ago, The manic said:

I too spent many years in the MENA including Iran in 75 plus have been to Afghanistan and Pakistan and Turkey. As a result of my observations and ecperiences especially in Kuwait-Iran-Saudi and Kashmir and Pakistan I have nothing but fear and contempt for what passes as 'Islamic Culture'. In my 30 years in these regions the only guys I met who liked the inhabitants were invariably gays and often predatory gays. Basically sex tourists with a job.

Sounds like you've never left your hotel room. Just as well if you're always in fear I suppose...

And sex tourism, Yemen? Mate, you REALLY haven't got out of your hotel room! Nice try though, good effort son.

Cheers

2 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

And the one Brit who wrote that they scare him, is absolutely right. They do hate us, no matter if it's in Thailand's south, in Pattaya, or in our cities of birth.

I wouldn't go as far as to say museys scare me,  there just people who l find uncomfortable to be near along with some others who are pious and strict in their religious beliefs and practices. 

On 11/13/2016 at 6:51 PM, Ulysses G. said:

He is not talking about American citizens. He is talking about a temporary ban on Muslim immigrants until we can figure out a way to vet them successfully. What is happening in Europe proves that we need to be more careful here. When he starts talking about innocent Muslim Americans, let us know.

Here is Trump reading his statement and his reason why..............

https://youtu.be/-sz0KY-3PbQ

Planned - rehearsed reaction to Trump's election... Just as so many Muslims plan and rehearse their reactions to such offenses as being denied a foot bath at public expense in the airport.  To make a pun -- this 'fear' is all 'Trumped' up and is mostly baseless except for the Muslin fear mongers who spread it ... 

I wasn't fearful of Obama but for eight years I have been disgusted ... but I dealt with it. 

A Muslim in America who is 1. in the USA legally.  2.  Is not involved in a plot to harm Americans.  3. Is not funneling money to radical Muslims, 4. Is not involved in a seditious act against America... Has little to worry about ...

Under President Trump and his Admin -- Newly imported Muslim refugees will likely get the 'vetting' that they should have and those found with radical ties will be sent back.  And over time as homes for these Muslim refugees are found in their homeland (as it is pacified) - then they too will be returned to their countries ... They are not owed permanent residence in the U.S.   These types of actions are not unusual over time... except for the perpetually offended.    

13 minutes ago, JDGRUEN said:

Planned - rehearsed reaction to Trump's election... Just as so many Muslims plan and rehearse their reactions to such offenses as being denied a foot bath at public expense in the airport.  To make a pun -- this 'fear' is all 'Trumped' up and is mostly baseless except for the Muslin fear mongers who spread it ... 

I wasn't fearful of Obama but for eight years I have been disgusted ... but I dealt with it. 

A Muslim in America who is 1. in the USA legally.  2.  Is not involved in a plot to harm Americans.  3. Is not funneling money to radical Muslims, 4. Is not involved in a seditious act against America... Has little to worry about ...

Under President Trump and his Admin -- Newly imported Muslim refugees will likely get the 'vetting' that they should have and those found with radical ties will be sent back.  And over time as homes for these Muslim refugees are found in their homeland (as it is pacified) - then they too will be returned to their countries ... They are not owed permanent residence in the U.S.   These types of actions are not unusual over time... except for the perpetually offended.    

Just think, had they been properly vetted in the first place under the previous administrations, there would not have been the rash of violent and disgusting attacks on freedom and America as an entity. I'm talking about Orlando, Boston marathon, etc etc which has led the majority of voters to show their disaproval of muslim immigration, and hence the Trump victory. How totally ironic.

So Trump is going to vet them like he vetted the instructors for Trump University, which it turns out were not vetted at all.   

Muslims have every right to be concerned.   A lot of other people should be scared as well.   

5 hours ago, Credo said:

So Trump is going to vet them like he vetted the instructors for Trump University, which it turns out were not vetted at all.   

Muslims have every right to be concerned.   A lot of other people should be scared as well.   

Like anyone with an IQ higher than 85