What TMxx and documents are needed to extend a Visa Exemption stay by 60 days (based on Marriage)

The same TM7 form used for all extension applications.

Your wife will need be with you.

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Proof of residence unless living where your wife's house book is for.

• Like 1

Hi,

I keep hearing a lot on this subject of the TM30 form being required by immigration when applying for the extension to stay.

Can anyone clarify if it is now mandatory or not? Surely this is some form of proof of residence??

If you have the Yellow Tabien Baan is this not proof enough or do they still want this TM30 and of course the 1600 Baht fine that conveniently accompanies it.

4 minutes ago, Generalchaos said:

Hi,

I keep hearing a lot on this subject of the TM30 form being required by immigration when applying for the extension to stay.

Can anyone clarify if it is now mandatory or not? Surely this is some form of proof of residence??

If you have the Yellow Tabien Baan is this not proof enough or do they still want this TM30 and of course the 1600 Baht fine that conveniently accompanies it.

Whether it is needed or not depends upon the immigration office you apply at.

It is not a proof of residence. it is a report done by the owner, house master or possessor of a residence where a foreigner is staying. Form can be downloaded here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

Having a yellow house book does override the requirement for the reporting requirement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sam84320 said:

Why 60 days? A visa based on marriage is not supposed to be extended 1 year ??

He is asking about a 60 day extension to visit his wife.

The one year extension requires a non-o visa entry plus financial proof.

9 minutes ago, sam84320 said:

Why 60 days? A visa based on marriage is not supposed to be extended 1 year ??

Because the OP clearly stated that he does not have a visa, he entered on a visa exemption, i.e. 30 days and wants to extend that by a further 60 days, which he can do as he is married to a Thai citizen.

I have always had to bring all the forms that ubonjoe listed. I also have to show Baht 400,000 or more in my Thai bank account. Actually, I bring everything I had to bring when I got a new Non-Immigrant 'O' in Houston earlier this year (although interestingly only US$1900 or equivalent had to be in a US or Thai bank account), Savannakhet last year, Singapore the previous year, etc... 

My immigration department is Pathum Thani for those who want to know. They also handed me a new form that is very similar to the 'Foreign National Information' (FNI)  form circulated earlier this year. I showed them the FNI that I had prepared and they said they would take it instead (no picture required). 

I was in Pattaya today but they didn't want to extend by 60 days based on Marriage because they didn't accept the TM30 that my condo owner submitted online 24 hours after my arrival in Thailand from Cambodia... they wanted the paper version. No online.

However, they let me fill in a TM30 by myself and gave me 30 days as a Tourist.

So: in Sriracha, I got fined because my condo owner didn't fill in the TM30 24 hours after arrival in Thailand.

And: in Pattaya, they said that he will have to fill in the TM30 paper form and I can put the date just before doing my extension. So submitting it right when doing the extension. And not 24 hours after arrival...

Weird...

My plan now is to switch to a non-immigrant visa in Bangkok Immigration directly next week. So what will be the rules there? ...

Edited by alexlm

9 hours ago, alexlm said:

My plan now is to switch to a non-immigrant visa in Bangkok Immigration directly next week. So what will be the rules there? ...

They may not do it in Bangkok if you have an address for Pattaya. There have reports that Pattaya can accept applications for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry based upon marriage to a Thai.

To apply for the visa you will need the same financial proof and supporting documents needed to a apply for a one year extension. The only difference is that the money does not have to be in the bank for 2 months.

• Like 1