Video: Motorbike taxi attacks tourist in Soi Buakhao

webfact

Video: Motorbike taxi attacks tourist in Soi Buakhao

By Digital Admin -

motorbiker-attacks-tourist-feat-1.jpg?fi

PATTAYA: -- At 5pm, on the afternoon of November 14, Pattaya police were called to the scene of an assault on Soi Buakhao, Pattaya.

Unfortunately by the time they arrived the incident was over and both parties had left the area.

However a witness, twenty-year-old Mr Anucha Pholrungson, had recorded the action and submitted his evidence to the police (video below)

He said that an elderly tourist had been riding along Soi Buakhao when a motorbike taxi, being ridden badly, cut across in front of him as he turned into a side soi, causing a minor accident.

The Thai motorbike taxi driver then abused and assaulted the foreign tourist until he was chased away by other local Thai people who had witnessed the assault.

Other witnesses confirmed that local Thai people had confronted the taxi driver and prevented the assault from being worse.

Police are hoping further witnesses come forwards and identify the taxi driver.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/motorbike-taxi-attacks-tourist/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-11-16

You would not start to shout and take your time in my street, you would be out of there like you had to make it to the mam and pap store to buy the last bag of sugar so your wife could cook you a meal.

2 hours ago, jerojero said:

Surprised and somewhat impressed that Thai locals chased away the taxi driver. Good for them!

I didn't really see that in the clip, there was an amount of yelling and squawking!  He seemed to move on when the other farang got involved. Not impressed with this action of picking on an older person. I would be happy to see the taxi-driver identified and called in for interview with the police, with a possible fine and suspension of his licence. This does bring the image of the country into disrepute.

Yes M/C taxis cut across you and of course any incident is never their fault.

Edited by jacko45k

Thai people are getting sick off this. Good. Time for BIB to follow this sentiment. Motorcycle taxi guy probably drunk. I bet you that if the other rider wasn't an older fella it wound't have happened unless he had some of his other cowardly mates joining in. These guys should be constantly breath tested. Get off your bums BIB.

Pattaya's finest.

Usually the MB-taxis are behaving as if they are above the law for 2 reasons:

- most probably they got their "license" and permit through a local BiB

- MB-taxi-driver are seen as the "eyes and ears" of the BiB, this gives them almost an untouchable attitude. 

Edited by joepattaya1961

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I didn't really see that in the clip, there was an amount of yelling and squawking!  He seemed to move on when the other farang got involved. Not impressed with this action of picking on an older person. I would be happy to see the taxi-driver identified and called in for interview with the police, with a possible fine and suspension of his licence. This does bring the image of the country into disrepute.

Yes M/C taxis cut across you and of course any incident is never their fault.

Cognitive dissonance kicking in?

There seems to be a few other farangs standing around.

I would like to have seen some "farang power", rather than the coward simply ride away. I feel in this case the Thai onlookers would have supported this action. I don't mean to beat the living daylights out of the MB driver, but put the fear of god into him so he may be reluctant to display unprovoked violence to harmless people in the future :wai:

Thainess gracing the quality tourism at its very best. Good luck there were some nicer Thais standing by otherwise the Khon Farang would have been badly beaten up. 

This needs to stop; maybe start with firing all those boys in brown and get some real cops in ... 

Yeah,good idea.Lets fire all the boys in brown and get some real cops in.And while we are at it,lets make all the Thai criminal/thugs,make a promise to take a day or two off from doing bad things,and all criminal activity while we find these new 'good' cops.

And now we play the Twilight zone theme.

Sent from my toilet using these type of posts as toilet paper.In a virtual way of course.

Was that guy a motorbike taxi driver or not? I didn't see him wearing the usual taxi driver best?

A similar incident happened with a friend who is a motorbike taxi driver. He and another motorbike brushed against each other, no harm and no damage. The other driver walked up to my friend, who foolishly took off his helmet, and was sucker punched in the face!  Some angry people out there.

55 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

Was that guy a motorbike taxi driver or not? I didn't see him wearing the usual taxi driver best?

A similar incident happened with a friend who is a motorbike taxi driver. He and another motorbike brushed against each other, no harm and no damage. The other driver walked up to my friend, who foolishly took off his helmet, and was sucker punched in the face!  Some angry people out there.

I think he dropped the vest on the floor then picked it up. Have a butchers again around 0:51 secs.

Edited by DaveE13

I was expecting to see an animated motorcycle, not its rider. But it's only a question of time before one of these p____ks picks on the wrong target.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

'... a motorbike taxi, being ridden badly ...'

It would be newsworthy were it being ridden with some level of competence.

6 hours ago, ebonykap said:

There seems to be a few other farangs standing around.

I would like to have seen some "farang power", rather than the coward simply ride away. I feel in this case the Thai onlookers would have supported this action. I don't mean to beat the living daylights out of the MB driver, but put the fear of god into him so he may be reluctant to display unprovoked violence to harmless people in the future :wai:

Sadly, if anyone laid a hand on the offender (including the poor old sod taking the hits) the Thai Media would re-label this incident as "innocent Thai Taxi driver viciously assaulted by Farang gang whilst doing his job in Pattaya".

Of note, a month ago a Thai MB taxi driver got lippy with me, with multiple other drivers around. I responded in kind, that without "<deleted> farang", they would be sitting in a village far far away with no motorbike, and maybe no money. Not one of them got up to hit me - maybe because I was blessed to still be fairly young and work out. It is amazing how these cowards "pick their spots" as another poster mentioned. I was not proud of confronting the MB taxi driver, but having had excellent experiences every time, this was the exception and I felt I needed to make a point - even if I got hurt in doing so. I do not know what took place before the assault (apart from what the article states allegedly happened) but I see the Farang motorbike on the ground, and can guess he did not place it there willingly. I doubt our poor friend had even taken the idea of "making a point" and was an innocent victim of a thug that deserves to be literally run out of town.