Russian planes resume intense air strikes in Syria

webfact

Russian planes resume intense air strikes in Syria

Robert Hackwill

606x341_349675.jpg

DAMASCUS: -- Russian air power has resumed operations against rebel and jihadist forces in Syria battling the government.

Fighter bombers have been supported by missile strikes from the Russian flotilla in the Mediterranean attacking targets in Idlib, while Syrian government forces have stepped up attacks in eastern Aleppo, including more barrel bomb drops from helicopters.

“Based on our research we have defined the main targets. They are ammunition warehouses, places of concentration of illegal armed groups or to be precise – terrorists,” said russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu.

Russia insisted its planes were not hitting targets in Aleppo, and had not in the last 28 days. The use of Russian planes against Syria’s largest city has drawn fierce criticism from some quarters, and there are reportedly no ISIL forces involved in the fighting there, although Islamic militants Jabhat Fateh al-Sham are active. Russian planes also bombed targets in Homs.

Air strikes hit three hospitals in towns and villages in rebel-held areas west of Aleppo, putting them out of action. Residents said the bombing was intense, although for the moment only three civilian deaths have been reported.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-11-16

Have a hard time with Trump idolizing Putin, when Putin is using Aleppo for war games.  Mayor powers often use this type of

situation as a war game scenario to use new type of equipment, and work on strategy and tactics. There are old people, children and women

being maimed, and killed here at the whim of Russia.  They send the kids home when bombing is too intense.  On the way home the students

may lose an arm or leg, or be blinded, or killed.  This is civilization?  The human race has evolved?  What will America's future be if Putin is

a role model.  People who know me know that I am not a wissy, but I am looking for someone to make me aware of the reasons that will

point to a positive future when our leaders feel free to commit war crimes at their whim.  For the electorate to deem that morality is not 

a prerequisite for office.  I know that all politicians have to have a big ego, and be a bit dishonest to satisfy the needs of the electorate,

but this is beyond my comprehension.

1 hour ago, timber said:

Have a hard time with Trump idolizing Putin, when Putin is using Aleppo for war games.  Mayor powers often use this type of

situation as a war game scenario to use new type of equipment, and work on strategy and tactics. There are old people, children and women

being maimed, and killed here at the whim of Russia.  They send the kids home when bombing is too intense.  On the way home the students

may lose an arm or leg, or be blinded, or killed.  This is civilization?  The human race has evolved?  What will America's future be if Putin is

a role model.  People who know me know that I am not a wissy, but I am looking for someone to make me aware of the reasons that will

point to a positive future when our leaders feel free to commit war crimes at their whim.  For the electorate to deem that morality is not 

a prerequisite for office.  I know that all politicians have to have a big ego, and be a bit dishonest to satisfy the needs of the electorate,

You are so right. It is so sad. What Western politics has done in the Middle East for the last twenty years is appalling, under all sides of politics And more recently under Obama it worsened with more drone attacks then ever, more and more money spent on nuclear warheads then ever before. As for Syria, the West should have kept out of it and not involved itself. It has now created chaos there which of course lead to Russia then getting involved. It was my main gripe with Obama and Hilary was they made such a terrible mess in the Middle East and caused so many innocents to die unnecessarily. And before them of course it was Bush. Sadly our sides supported what we called rebels and freedom fighters, which any fool knew were terrorists, which they openly admit to now, saying they are ISIS. So our tax payers money helped find terrorism. We then find out the governments that support terrorism also help find US politics. How crazy is that ! How insane is that. I have Syrian friends and they were living a happy life. They are all now in Dubai having had their lives  wrecked. Now Russia is  in there which adds to even more of a mess. The only people suffering are the innocent children, women and men who just want to live their lives and our politicians have destroyed that for them. Trump is not yet involved so albeit some of us may not like him, he of course can not be blamed for the carnage and mess that has been created there. He had nothing to do with it. Blame that sadly on Obama's lot and now of course Russia, who are in there bombing those we were supporting, which are now of course Isis. It is utterly insane for any normal level headed human being, totally immoral, but to world politics it seems the norm and acceptable. Must have been brought up with a very different set of values to me and most of us. What sickens me too, is tax payers have to pay for this disgrace. We should stop trying to control other nations, dictate to them how they should live and pretend it is in the name of democracy. Rubbish. Its oil, power and a desire to control. Any fool knows that. Very sad state of affairs. Maybe try making ones own country better and spending that money on hospitals and schools for the tax payer, might show better leadership and a moral code.

Edited by davidcc

2 hours ago, timber said:

i was reading that over 90% of the bombs falling on syria are coming from american planes. maybe trump can start charging for all the bombs syria is consuming.

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i was reading that over 90% of the bombs falling on syria are coming from american planes. maybe trump can start charging for all the bombs syria is consuming.

Maybe it was this article?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/dec/01/syria-airstrikes-everything-you-need-to-know

There have been almost 3,000 airstrikes against Isis targets in Syria since a US-led campaign began in September 2014. More than 95% of these have been conducted by the United States, according to the US monitoring group Airwars.

Then....

In September, Russia also launched airstrikes “against terrorist groups” in Syria. Fewer than 10% of its initial strikes were against Isis targets, the majority have been against anti-Assad groups, some backed by the US and Turkey.

And then there's this:

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-has-killed-more-syrian-civilians-assad-or-isis-last-month-report-426775

Russia Killed More Syrian Civilians than Assad or ISIS in January: Report

6 hours ago, davidcc said:

You are so right. It is so sad. What Western politics has done in the Middle East for the last twenty years is appalling, under all sides of politics And more recently under Obama it worsened with more drone attacks then ever, more and more money spent on nuclear warheads then ever before. As for Syria, the West should have kept out of it and not involved itself. It has now created chaos there which of course lead to Russia then getting involved. It was my main gripe with Obama and Hilary was they made such a terrible mess in the Middle East and caused so many innocents to die unnecessarily. And before them of course it was Bush. Sadly our sides supported what we called rebels and freedom fighters, which any fool knew were terrorists, which they openly admit to now, saying they are ISIS. So our tax payers money helped find terrorism. We then find out the governments that support terrorism also help find US politics. How crazy is that ! How insane is that. I have Syrian friends and they were living a happy life. They are all now in Dubai having had their lives  wrecked. Now Russia is  in there which adds to even more of a mess. The only people suffering are the innocent children, women and men who just want to live their lives and our politicians have destroyed that for them. Trump is not yet involved so albeit some of us may not like him, he of course can not be blamed for the carnage and mess that has been created there. He had nothing to do with it. Blame that sadly on Obama's lot and now of course Russia, who are in there bombing those we were supporting, which are now of course Isis. It is utterly insane for any normal level headed human being, totally immoral, but to world politics it seems the norm and acceptable. Must have been brought up with a very different set of values to me and most of us. What sickens me too, is tax payers have to pay for this disgrace. We should stop trying to control other nations, dictate to them how they should live and pretend it is in the name of democracy. Rubbish. Its oil, power and a desire to control. Any fool knows that. Very sad state of affairs. Maybe try making ones own country better and spending that money on hospitals and schools for the tax payer, might show better leadership and a moral code.

I disagree with the war game part,  I think they are getting rid of old arms to make room for the new toys.

Do not ever forget  that Russia as  well as the USA, and  some other countries  have very large militaries.    If  there  was  no convenient  war,  in  Syria, and  Iraq and Libya,  what  would these  big  militaries do

with all  these weapons.

Geez