aircon not cooling

fruitman

On 17/11/2016 at 1:40 PM, fruitman said:

It's a Daikin inverter from 5 years old. So there's no metre or anything to see if there's enough gas inside the system? That's weird, how can they know if it needs to be filled up then?

To check the gas pressure you must attach a proper gauge. There is no other way. However you can check that the unit works by just measuring the air temperature. If it is cold then the unit has gas in and is working, and you probably dont need to check the actual pressure.

If your unit develops a leak somewhere then all the gas can be lost in just seconds or minutes. It happened to one of mine in Europe once. Some joint split and that was that. However a recharge and repair cost 50Eur there.

On 17/11/2016 at 1:40 PM, fruitman said:

Daikin is a good brand but i have several points of improvement for the aircon.  I want a disposable filter so i don't need those cleaners and i need a metre or warninglight for low gas.

Filters do not remove the need for cleaning. You can clean the filters yourself and should do so every couple of weeks (my unit has a warning light that comes on after just 200 hours). It takes seconds under the tap. But the inside and outside units will still need to be properly cleaned with a pressure water spray every 6 months (depending on usage).

Hint: turn the air-con off, swivel the outlet blades down manually and look up into the rotary fan with a torch. If you see loads of crap on the fan blades (and you surely will) then it needs cleaning.

baf08acf1ac3398e17a605c467f4a4e1?AccessK

You cant clean this properly without partially dismantling the unit, as far as I know. Also the radiator fins need to be cleaned and you cant even see those fully without dismantling the cover.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

They always clean it with high pressure, last time i did it myself. But you can't reach the back since it hangs under the ceiling.

I think it's a huge designfault for ALL aircons since they are very hard to clean. Ours was dirty at places you can't see from the frontside.

Now i'm thinking of a new one, not inverter and place it on the balcony for easy maintenance. We'll see how long this one lasts...i will use filtrete from now on, bought it at homepro.

How can the japanese be so dumb to not make them maintenancefree? I don't care for the cleaningcosts but hate really hate to wait for those companies...he put his ladder right on the roots of my very rare fruittree's in the raised beds...i let him do because he needs to have a good spot for the ladder but the other somchai's never did that.

Recommendation -- don't apply talc/body powder in the same room your aircon is located. Learned that one the hard way. [emoji6]

Also if the condenser/compressor unit is located on a balcony with Thai style kitchen it will very quickly become clogged with oil from all the fried cooking..requiring the use of harsh chemicals to get the fins clean again.
An extractor hood over the cooking area helps to contain the oil.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/18/2016 at 7:08 PM, NanLaew said:

Air Conditioners are sealed, closed-loop units with service valves and I have only seen indicators on high-end commercial units. The indications that it needs gas are when it stops air conditioning... as you have noticed. Daikin are reputable brand and 5 years isn't old so it probably does need a qualified tech to check it out. However, if you have had 10 different companies look at it over the past 5 years, there may be something wrong like a bad installation (poor or restricted airflow around the external condenser or internal evaporator unit) or even low or 'rough' voltage. That tends to bugger up compressors.

Best tech I ever had was an installation guy from Numchai in Naklua (Pattaya) that replaced a unit at my old place. He left his phone number and I used him several times for the annual checks and repairs on the other units.

Hello,

Anybody knows how to check that a Daikin needs gaz and leaks ?

(aircon is suddenly very slow to cool the room)

Or which technician will know how to check ?

Thank you.