Traffic around Victory Monument lighter since relocation of passenger vans

webfact

Traffic around Victory Monument lighter since relocation of passenger vans

BANGKOK, 17th November 2016 (NNT) - Traffic conditions around Bangkok’s Victory Monument have eased since authorities relocated the passenger van pickup points to other areas. 

Director General of the Land Transport Department Sanit Promwong said on Wednesday that the authorities’ initiative to bring order to the passenger van business, aimed at operators transporting commuters to areas within a distance of 300 kilometers from Bangkok, has been well-received. 

Under the initiative, passenger van services have been moved to three locations: the Mochit northeastern bus terminal, the Southern bus terminal and the Ekamai eastern bus terminal. 

Mr. Sanit said that, after the relocation, officials have been going out to offer information on the changes to travelers while performing a daily assessment of the situation in order to make sure that traffic congestion around the Victory Monument is alleviated. 

He added that authorities stand ready to punish any passenger van operators, who refuse to act in accordance with the new rules, with harsh legal penalties. 

Nevertheless, Mr. Sanit said that the initiative has already lowered the number of accidents involving passenger vans, and traffic in the vicinity of Victory Monument is lighter.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-11-17

For those wanting to travel to Pattaya from Bangkok, be advised that the mini-vans at Ekamai stops their service at 3pm. You will be directed to the govt bus service window and arrive at the Pattaya Nua bus station instead.

I have yet to find a mini-van service that will drop me off near Victory Monument or Central World area. If anybody knows of one...please share.

8 hours ago, pegman said:

Seems to have screwed travelers. You think that a good thing?

Bad luck for them.

Priority is to keep traffic flowing in BKK, minivans (and taxi's) block several lanes, when the big bus comes it stops on another lane and there's no room left for other vehicles.

Get rid of ALL minivans please.

I haven´t been to Victory Monument since the relocation of the van services. Therefore, could anybody tell me if there are *any* services still departing from / arriving at VM or if ALL of them have been moved? Also, how do I find out where a specific service has been moved to? I used the van to Thammasat and Bangkok University quite often and wonder where they are leaving from nowadays. Does anyone know?

IF you know/understand Thai logic its daft simple;

Those vans registered as INTERurban-BoKoSo, are all moved out.

Those registered as KoSoMoKo (BMTA)=BKK urban area, are still there. THus this incl. yours-apparently you skip lessons so long? And of course also still the big buses 29 and 510. These symbols are always written in large in front-BKS mostly purple, KSMK mostly orange/brown, but can vary.