Trump attacks 'harassment' of Mike Pence at Hamilton musical

rooster59

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Would it be acceptable for Pence to interrupt the performance by booing loudly for 3 minutes and then breaking into a personal political monologue to the stunned cast and patrons?

You don't think such an outburst would have resulted in security removing such a person from the premises?

There is a difference between the theatre giving the stage for a statement and an unauthorized rant from the crowd I think. I support Trump but not if a person or theatre cannot give their thoughts on an issue. That is their theatre and they can have what they want and not allow what they want. I hope anyway.

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you realize how hypocritical and ironic your comments are?

Why is it the liberal left wing of politics insist on advocating free speech - providing it only uses PC words and expresses views they approve of?

They always think they know what's best for people and will try to take control to ensure that's what the people get, regardless of what they want.

Boringly predictable attempt to occupy the high road.

Liberal Left Wing...blah blah blah...PC words...blah blah blah...

A right wing a-hole pushes legislation to allow the torture of LGBT youth and gets booed in a theatre. And the booing is the outrage. The predictable lecturing on hypocrisy. No irony there. Just selfish justification of perceived exclusivity and exceptionalism.

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Regardless of what Trump is or isn't, he was duly elected by the American people through the system they use and have used to elect previous presidents.

Why is it people who call themselves "democrats" can't accept that?

It's always countries that call themselves "democratic people's republics" where dictatorship flourishes. Seems they only accept democracy when it gives them the result they like. They can't stand the idea that people may think differently to how they think and want to impose their views by any means possible. 

Free speech - as long as we approve of the content.

Wonder what the comments would be had Clinton been elected, Trump had received more votes, and Trump supporters were now acting like this?

Accepted he was legally elected (well, soon anyway) but time to fight his policies. That's all. 

5 minutes ago, MoonUnit said:

Trump's still president-elect and Pence is VP-elect.

Get used to it and stop whining.

Who's whining? Not me. Seems like the Secret Trump Voters are the ones who can't get over the election - nearly 2 weeks after the fact. I got over it the next day. I congratulated the winner and commiserated with the defeated. Then I started opposing. That's called politics. You can't take it, then retreat.

Pence is a toad representing toads. He is Trump's lap dog. Trump introduced him to his constituency by talking about himself. Pence is there to try and salvage some benefits for Republicans in the Trump anarchy.

Get over that.

Which one of the Alt Right posters were you before?

9 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

To come on stage and direct the negative behavior to the performance ahead and away from a guest of importance.

You don't have to respect the man but we have a cultural tradition of showing respect to the position...or atleast courtesy.

but then I am a Repiblican with a Conservative & Respectful Value System.  I belive I am still allowed that right in America. 

The cast did nothing of the sort. At curtain call, when Pence was exiting the theater, a member of the cast read out the statement that I quoted above. The performance was over, and there is not the slightest bit of negativity anywhere in that statement.

A cultural tradition of showing respect to the position? You must be kidding.  I would take months to compile all of the disrespect that has been demonstrated by Republicans toward the President and members of his administration over the past eight years, continuing right up to the current day.

Just now, MoonUnit said:

Your fellow Americans have elected Trump / Pence to represent you whether you like it or not.  That's a fact.

Yes, trump won over 270 electoral college electors but the electors have not voted yet. That's all. If, after the electors vote, trump still has over 270 elector votes, then of course then it becomes official. Which of course it will, just hasn't happened yet. This illustrates that the U.S. presidential system is all about the electoral college. trump, in actuality, did NOT receive a mandate. He didn't win the most popular votes, and he now represents a MINORITY party that rather remarkably now controls all branches of the government. MINORITY party in the sense that there are many more registered democrats than republicans. 

There was no harassment of Pence at the theater.

Donald Trump Doesn't Know the Meaning of 'Harassed'

It’s time to wake up. We are two months away from the incoming presidency of a wannabe dictator. Every day we waste pretending that Donald J. Trump might have it in him to become a regular president is time squandered defending our rights.

Trump is redefining the greatest of American traditions — protest and discourse about what’s best for us. What will he call the people who protest at his inauguration? Terrorists?

http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2016/11/19/donald-trump-doesnt-know-meaning-harassed

2 minutes ago, MoonUnit said:

Your fellow Americans have elected Trump / Pence to represent you whether you like it or not.  That's a fact.

You keep repeating yourself. That's fine. We can get our post counts up.

When will you get over the election? You are among the many sore and ungracious winners here. Most voters did not vote for Trump. Many voters reject his as their representative. Pence is a nobody unless and until Trumps incompetence, stupidity or laziness allows him more power that he deserves so at the moment nobody cares about that particular toad.

How many weeks or months will you lot keep crowing? It got boring by the 9th.

#notmypresident

Looking forward to the Democrats reforming and Bernie and Warren sticking it to the billionaires, their douchy children and their anarchist supporters.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, trump won over 270 electoral college electors but the electors have not voted yet. That's all. If, after the electors vote, trump still has over 270 elector votes, then of course then it becomes official. Which of course it will, just hasn't happened yet. This illustrates that the U.S. presidential system is all about the electoral college. trump, in actuality, did NOT receive a mandate. He didn't win the most popular votes, and he now represents a MINORITY party that rather remarkably now controls all branches of the government. MINORITY party in the sense that there are many more registered democrats than republicans. 

So, after that rather longwinded response, you accept that The Donald / Pence does indeed represent you.  Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Boringly predictable attempt to occupy the high road.

Liberal Left Wing...blah blah blah...PC words...blah blah blah...

A right wing a-hole pushes legislation to allow the torture of LGBT youth and gets booed in a theatre. And the booing is the outrage. The predictable lecturing on hypocrisy. No irony there. Just selfish justification of perceived exclusivity and exceptionalism.

It seems you are determined to prove the point. All by yourself. 

Can you provide links legislation to allow the torture of LGBT youth please? That clearly is something no sane person will find acceptable. 

Just now, MoonUnit said:

So, after that rather longwinded response, you accept that The Donald / Pence does indeed represent you.  Thank you.

Dude, you're getting obnoxiously weird now.

What do you want ... a loyalty salute to the dictator? 

I opposed him before the election. I oppose him now. I'll oppose him forever.

Got it? 

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Can you provide links legislation to allow the torture of LGBT youth please? That clearly is something no sane person will find acceptable. 

Conversion therapy is child abuse and Pence supports that.

So, scores of luvvies on the stage verbally attack Pence in an attempt to humiliate him in public through their mouthpiece with a microphone.   Had Pence stayed to be addressed in that way, would their protestations of only exercising their freedom of speech mean that they would have offered Pence a microphone so that he could reply?  Somehow I doubt it.

More people voted for the other Candidate. More people did not want Trump at President.

Trump wanted to break the system. Well, the system is broken. There is no 'come together' moment. Protests continue. Each new appointment made by Trump demonstrates the abomination that he and his crowd are.

The secret Trump voter is now exposed. Now the enemy is seen, it can be dealt with.

Let the protests continue. It is called opposition. It is protected speech.

#presidenttroll

#notmypresident

#whinylittlebitch

More US citizens voted for Trump than Hillary.

Hell - even Obama was on TV encouraging illegal aliens to vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Dude, you're getting obnoxiously weird now.

What do you want ... a loyalty salute to the dictator? 

I opposed him before the election. I oppose him now. I'll oppose him forever.

Got it? 

Yes, I've got it.  The Donald / Pence [GOP] now represents you.  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It appears the largest minority, by far, of voters is the 47% that didn't bother to vote.

Clinton got a tad, a very small tad, more than Trump; each getting just over 25%.

So had the American system been different to the one which has elected every previous POTUS, and been based on first past the post, Hilary would would by a very tiny margin of just over a quarter of the eligible voters. Would you call that a mandate then?

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So if a room full of Southern Evangelicals behaved in a similar fashion to a gay man because he was gay you would still be good with it and not suggest it was any form of harassment?

Thats a tough one to believe JT.

1 minute ago, MoonUnit said:

Yes, I've got it.  The Donald / Pence [GOP] now represents you.  Thank you.

OK, I've had enough. You're just here to HARASS people who legitimately oppose the dictatorial trump. Not OK. Not interesting. BORING, repetitive, and OBNOXIOUS. I see no value in reading the same insulting crapola in an endless loop.

Welcome to my ignore list. 

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Plenty of information for those interested in LGBT issues, diversity and multiculturalism.

Shock Treatment: While running for Congress, Indiana governor Mike Pence called for state funding for "institutions" working to enable people to "change their sexual behavior."

http://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-supported-gay-conversion-therapy/

Calling for laws that allow the electrocution of gay teens.

What an honorable and noble person this toad is. He represented what constituency exactly?