Thai girls that dont like Thai guys- Red flag?

Basoon

On 1/24/2017 at 10:04 AM, rwdrwdrwd said:

Here's the issue IMO - class remains a huge factor in Thailand, there is very little upward mobility via marriage. This means that for a working class or lower middle class woman (which is by far the largest group in Thailand), her pool of Thai suitors is limited to working and lower middle class men. As in the west this means they earn less money, and often tend to booze more, fight more and struggle more. Marrying a westerner tends to mean that at least the financial aspect is improved, even if that westerner is also working or lower middle class.

In short, most of the women who say this type of thing (not all) tend to be working or lower middle class. It is rare that an upper middle or 'hi so' Thai woman marries a westerner, since they have access to wealthier Thai men that tend to drink less, have less stress and live life with far less struggles.

In short, 'I don't like Thai men' actually often means 'I don't like the Thai men that I have access to'.

So true....especially your last sentence.  Most Thai women just want to have a normal relationship with a guy they can talk to...in Thai.  But if their prospects are getting dim, e.g., single mothers, they lower their expectations.  Then it's not so much about "love" anymore, but which guy is willing to provide and "take care."  This doesn't mean that these are bad women.  They might even make very good wives.  But you can't expect these women to fall in love with guys they can barely communicate with.   

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulysses G. said:

That is it in a nutshell. The vast majority of Thai women prefer Thai men and Japanese men are probably a distant second. White guys - unless they are really handsome or rich - are not high on the list. 

still many western me refusing to believe this. ignorance is bliss i suppose.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

That is it in a nutshell. The vast majority of Thai women prefer Thai men and Japanese men are probably a distant second. White guys - unless they are really handsome or rich - are not high on the list. 

For many Thai women its about finding a partner that wont play up, have a mistress etc. All other things being equal, looks, money etc, They will look for a faithful partner, Asian or western.

Its a big part of Thai culture that Thai men will have a mistress (mia noi), take off when the girlfriend gets pregnant, gamble etc.

After being cheated on a couple of times by Thai men, of course they may prefer western men who are seen as more faithful etc.

I have read the posts regarding this topic.I have to agree with most of the contents. My wife simply added that the lower class of Thai men, will usually belong to a group that drink,gamble,and generally waste their wives money. The peer pressure from the group dictates that the husband is in total control and his job is to subjugate the woman and rule the home as he see's fit. He is taught to treat women as second class class citizens, chattels, and possessions, that should prepared to submit to the sexual demands of the male. This is usually common in Asian countries where a code is lived by EG, Bashido, Japan, where no emotions are shown.I must say, that as an English man i could not live like this. My wife is very aware of the compassionate and emotional side of me.

Years ago i asked a bar girl why she liked ferang men, he answer was that "ferang men know how to love better" In the Philippines, i asked the same question. The answer was completely different. " why would i want to marry a Filipino man and have children that look like monkey's !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i have met many thai girls who say they dont like thai men. many of them have thai boyfriends. we want to believe they prefer western men but it is not true in most cases.

Many really mean it but weaken.  My wife became a non dating single Thai woman for seven years.  There are others like her.  Some will date but refuse to enter into relationships with Thai men.  After a time it becomes self-fulfilling because most Thai men will not even ask to date women beyond a certain age.  There are probably several million Thai women in this situation.  Curiously it becomes one of the slippery slides into prostitution for some women.  They want sex/companionship/a social life but don't want another Thai husband.  So they advertise to meet farangs on the net and one thing leads to another.  I have several male associates who are in denial that this was how they met their wives.

• Like 1

On 09/04/2017 at 5:48 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

i have met many thai girls who say they dont like thai men. many of them have thai boyfriends. we want to believe they prefer western men but it is not true in most cases.

Given that a high % of Thai guys are drunks or like having mistresses its no suprise they look elsewhere.

Then they marry some farang drunk 55

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Given that a high % of Thai guys are drunks or like having mistresses its no suprise they look elsewhere.

Then they marry some farang drunk 55

yea but at least they dont have to work in factory. my thai girls sister just died at the age of 52 after a life of 14 hour nightshifts earning 512thb per shift. she saved up all her money and was ready to build a house. she was taking a lot of pain medication for health issues with her knees and back possibly due to standing for long periods. her liver packed up and she died in just a matter of days. good so many white nights are in thailand to rescue at least some of these girls.

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yea but at least they dont have to work in factory. my thai girls sister just died at the age of 52 after a life of 14 hour nightshifts earning 512thb per shift. she saved up all her money and was ready to build a house. she was taking a lot of pain medication for health issues with her knees and back possibly due to standing for long periods. her liver packed up and she died in just a matter of days. good so many white nights are in thailand to rescue at least some of these girls.

So her knees can get a different kind of workout

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I like your user name,but if only you had put Big Kahuna Burger,like out of pulp fiction would have been even better.

The Big Kahuna was the name of a REALLY good movie with Danny Devito and Kevin Spacey - well worth finding if you have never seen it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2016 at 4:14 PM, Peterw42 said:

A large percentage of bar girls are there because they have been done over by a couple of Thai guys. She gets pregnant he does a runner, she has a job he runs up gambling debts. 

Given that Thai men have a bit of a reputation for being unfaithful, Mia Noi isn't a town in Issan.

Yes, some thai girls will tell the punter what he wants to hear.

Many Thai girls see westerners as more reliable, responsible and faithful, and for many Thai girls those qualities are above looks, money etc.

I love this post. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some would say that as they really do not like Thai guys, for their own personal reasons while some will say that as the seductive means to charm you into thinking that you and only foreigners are attractive to her and of interest to her and all part of the game they play,  many being the sly and clever little vixens that they are sometimes...lol

But one thing for certain, most ( As in not all, but most ) of the women here in Thailand like the features of Caucasian men.

And out wallets of course...but they like well off and rich Thai guys also and near any guy with loads of money..lol ......but that is seen everywhere in the world.

They certainly do like Blue eyes and they certainly do like White skin and Blond hair or fair hair and they like tall men and they are somewhat fascinated with our noses and commonly say your nose is beautiful and they say we look more like "a man"...to their way of thinking.

Some of them like men that are hairy...but not overly hairy and lets be honest...many are curious about our friend between our legs....lol

Hmmm...Hmmmm....whats with that...lol

But the majority just ignore us because often they are just being prissy and all Miss Goody 2 Shoes and have small minded ideas or very conservative ideals in some respects while they are only interested in Thai men because well...they are Thai..... so that is the more "Natural"  order of things and within their comfort zone.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gemguy said:

somewhat fascinated with our noses and commonly say your nose is beautiful

I would have to agree, I have a somewhat robust nose and I remember years ago sitting alone in a coffee shop in BKK and at the next table there were 5-6 well to do Thai ladies , business suits etc.

They kept looking over and laughing etc, which had me checking if I had odd socks on etc. As they left they stopped at my table to apologize and I insisted on knowing what the joke was. Turns out a couple of them (married) were talking about racing me off for sex, so they could get pregnant and have a baby with my nose. They even insisted on paying for my coffee to make up for the embarrassment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I would have to agree, I have a somewhat robust nose and I remember years ago sitting alone in a coffee shop in BKK and at the next table there were 5-6 well to do Thai ladies , business suits etc.

They kept looking over and laughing etc, which had me checking if I had odd socks on etc. As they left they stopped at my table to apologize and I insisted on knowing what the joke was. Turns out a couple of them (married) were talking about racing me off for sex, so they could get pregnant and have a baby with my nose. They even insisted on paying for my coffee to make up for the embarrassment.

Yeah and you could "skillfully"  use your nose on their "sensitive parts" and drive them crazy....seriously...lol

I had numerous Thai girls asking me and 1 pleading with me to impregnate her just to have a farang looking baby and that is another significant reason they have an interest in us foreigners.

Many desire to have a fair skin baby with Caucasian features ( nice nose)  and seen as more attractive and have a better chance in life as many of them recognise that in this country if you are better looking and have white skin and nice nose and taller etc you will do better in life....and in some respects, it is like that, so...a percent of them have a plan...that being, marry a white guy and have a beautiful baby that they can be so proud of..lol...to their way of thinking

Cheers

• Like 1

What concerns me is most of the girls that say this are yellow trash and not really deserving of the upgrade in life that dating a foreigner affords them.

"I only date farang, but I'm poor, poorly (Thai) educated, and not very sophisticated."

Sounds pretty entitled.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

For most women in this world, men are a necessary evil.  

In the case of Thai women, no matter what they may say to the contrary, Thai men are simply "the devil they know," and, all other things being equal (which they rarely are), they will choose a Thai man over a farang.  Not what the typical thin-skinned, ego-laden farang snowflake male wants to hear, but there you have it.

• Like 2

Doesn't explain why there are so many Thai people! More than a few Thai ladies must like Thai men! When I ask my wife about this she says have both good and bad like everywhere. Though she says that physical abuse of women and male infidelity is more accepted in Thai society than in the west and Thai women don't like that aspect in many Thai men. I'm not sure her perceptions are all that accurate as there are plenty of both in the west, but it is her take on things as a Thai woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 22 November 2016 at 7:43 AM, Pungdo said:

My wife hates Thai men as her Thai BF way back beat her up and took all of her hard earned money out of the bank and pissed it up against a wall while playing cards with his mates.

She has gone so far as to tell her son, that if he turns into his father she will disown him.

In a recent discussion about family loyalties, my wife declared that her adopted Son (nephew), who spent 8 years in UK with us after his Grandmother died and we took him in, said that if ever she left me he would disown her.... 

• 3 weeks later...

For myself, I met my wife in a public setting and chat her up. It progressed from there. Shed never dated a farang and could not speak any English. The fact she came from a poor background, office staff and was 33 (uni grad, self financed) at the time only helped my chances. In the end, she thought and later told me...Im 33, why not? Her co-workers are very jealous and think I'm filthy rich.

Edited by ozmeldo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2016 at 3:24 PM, sipi said:

Could it be that some Thai men like to swing in the hammock drinking whiskey all day whilst the wife goes off to work?

Might be a lot of SOME;

Then add the unfaithfulness, gambling, drugs, male chauvinism...

On 22.11.2016 at 4:21 AM, georgemandm said:

I see like this , thai woman want a better life and to get that they have to try and find a western, because most rich thai man don't take on village lady's and most man from the village have no hop of giving them a good life .

so if and I say if the thai lady is lucky enough to find a good man from the west and she is happy with him and he is happy with her they are both winners.

Who cares if the man is old and fat and the lady is young and good looking as long as he dose not do his balls over her and just take good care of her both win .

lots of thai woman have no hop of getting a man because I think that there is not a lot of man to woman  ratio here , I just see it in the village schools and when you walk around how many woman they are  compared to man .

Ask a good thai lady friend of mine how many man to woman you think are in thailand she told me 80 % woman 20 % man now I think she was wrong but I see it more like 65% woman to 35 % man .

just look around next time you go out and see how many woman to man there are .

and thailand has some thing like 69 million people.

And several million thai men go to be monks...