Trump team ‘taking shape’

webfact

Trump team ‘taking shape’

606x341_350151.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- A steady stream of contenders for posts in the next US administration has continued as insiders say the team is taking shape.

On Sunday New Jersey governor Chris Christie turned up hoping to be taken back into the fold.

Christie was recently sacked as head of Trump’s transition team. However the president-elect wouldn’t be drawn on Christie’s job prospects.

One man who looks certain of a role come January when Trump is inaugurated as US president, is former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani. He’s apparently being considered for secretary of state “and other things”.

So far Trump has settled several posts filling most of them with hardliners, such as, Lt Gen Michael Flynn, who is to be national security adviser and is known for his strident views on Islam.

US Vice-President-elect Mike Pence has confirmed that Mitt Romney is also being considered for the post of secretary of state. Romney, a Republican who criticised Trump during the campaign, was invited for talks on Saturday.

Earlier on Sunday the Trump family was seen at a local Presbyterian church near the Trump golf resort where the talks are taking place.

The president-elect will continue pulling together his administration over the coming days and weeks with some 4,000 political positions waiting to be filled.

Some positions filled

• White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus.
  • Nominee for attorney general, Jeff Sessions.
  • Chief strategist Stephen Bannon.
  • National security adviser Lt Gen Michael Flynn.
  • CIA Director Nike Pompeo.

Trump has said he plans to live in the White House but that his wife, Melania Trump, and the couple’s 10-year-old son, Barron, would not move in immediately. He said they would move to the White House “very soon, right after he finishes school.”

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-11-21

A rogues gallery of those that should never be in charge of anything. The fascist would have a hard time picking any worse. I see pepe the racist toad has donned a wig. Fitting.

Trump appointed Jeff Sessions, an anti-veteran Republican from Alabama, to be his Attorney General. And now Bob Corker, another anti-veteran Senator, is on the shortlist for Secretary of State. Sessions voted for the invasion of Iraq, then voted against funding services for Veterans, calling our hard-earned benefits “entitlements”. In 2014 Bernie Sanders and John McCain passed the most comprehensive Veterans Affairs bill in history, providing more funds for health care access, tuition assistance, and job training. The bill was passed almost unanimously, with only three senators opposing it. Two of those senators were, you guessed it, Bob Corker and Jeff Sessions

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/11/19/installing-a-torture-fan-at-cia/  

And in Mike Flynn for National Security Adviser, Trump has chosen a genuine loon.  You want your national security adviser to be a skeptical sort, able to distinguish truth from fiction. Mike Flynn tweeted a story that Hillary Clinton was about to be arrested  by the NYPD for having sex with minors

Here's a quote from his book:

This administration has forbidden us to describe our enemies properly and clearly: they are Radical Islamists. They are not alone, and are allied with countries and groups who, though not religious fanatics, share their hatred of the West, particularly the United States and Israel. Those allies include North Korea, Russia, China, Cuba, and Venezuela.

There is absolutely no evidence that Radical Islamists are allied in any real way with these nations. 

He falsely accused Hillary Clinton of wearing a Hijab:

I could go on but it's clear that the man is a loon. So now we have a loon advising another one.

Here's more on Flynn:

Michael T. Flynn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn

He was one of the most respected intel officers of his generation. Now he’s leading ‘Lock her up’ chant

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nearly-the-entire-national-security-establishment-has-rejected-trumpexcept-for-this-man/2016/08/15/d5072d96-5e4b-11e6-8e45-477372e89d78_story.html

Inside the mind of Trump's national security guru

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/11/opinions/trumps-national-security-guru-general-flynn-bergen/

The more recent troubling bit concerning Flynn is the involvement of his company with Turkey, which includes lobbying. While Flynn did say he will sever connections with his company's activities if appointed, he has already attended Trump's intel briefings prior to taking office. Further details here:

Flynn Intel Group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn#Consulting_firm

Michael Rubin: Trump Team’s First Ethics Scandal 

http://europe.newsweek.com/michael-rubin-trump-teams-first-ethics-scandal-521622?rm=eu

Our ally Turkey is in crisis and needs our support (Flynn's op-ed)

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/foreign-policy/305021-our-ally-turkey-is-in-crisis-and-needs-our-support#.WCPhv1d4UUU.twitter

Michael Flynn, Trump’s reported pick for national security adviser, sat in on intel briefings — while advising foreign clients

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-flynn-key-trump-aide-sat-in-on-intel-briefings-while-advising-foreign-clients-004512931.html

I can only imagine the noise this would have generated from certain quarters and posters under different circumstances. But seeing partisanship trumps all else, doubt it would be met by anything other then the usual responses. 

On another note, James Mattis seems to be a leading candidate for the Secretary of Defense post, does anyone know if his and Flynn's careers ever crossed path, or something of the sort?

I'm sure that at some point Gen. Mattis and Flynn has crossed paths. Gen. Mattis is a Marine's Marine and I have great respect for him, but I don't believe he is the person one would want for Sec.Def. If I served with him I would probably be grateful for his attitude, but as Sec. Def. I believe it will be just a bit over the top. Like all Marines, our job was to kill the enemy. We weren't diplomats.

North Korea, China and  Venezuela are de facto allies of the Islamic extremists in the sense that they want to damage the United States.  The Russians may have the same aim but they are obviously not allied with the Islamics.  I have no Idea about Cuba.  We've just reopened diplomatic relations with them and lifted their embargo.  

It seems as though critics of the upcoming Trump regime want to take things very literally.  It might be better to take things seriously but not literally, as Ann Coulter says.

I like very much the idea of a wall....a HUGE AND GREAT WALL.... to divide the US in two.

California will pay for 1/3, Canada will pay for 1/3, and finally!...Mexico will pay for 1/3!.,.. A  NEW USA!... with Bernie Sanders President ...and  English as a Second Language and San Francisco de new Capital. The California flag will do it...but I prefer the Macarena for Nacional Ampton . Easy for me to sing...My English is just enough for ask for Italian Salami and Wine at Traders Joes.

Edited by Muzarella

Then there's Jeff Sessions. When he was a U.S. attorney in Alabama he decided to prosecute 3 civil rights workers for voter fraud. It took the jury about 3 hours to acquit them. Later, in a Republican controlled Senate, the judiciary committed rejected him as a nominee for a federal judgeship.  He was too racist even for some Republican senators to accept.

5 hours ago, uptheos said:

The democrats set a precedent, when Obama named Clinton as SOS.......there was a lot of bad blood and name calling between Obama and 'Madam President'

Yeah and I supported Trump because he promised to bring jobs back. Romney is one of the biggest supporters and implementors of jobs outsourcing to China.

19 hours ago, Redline said:

Not really into the kinky stuff but whatever floats your boat.

5 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Not really into the kinky stuff but whatever floats your boat.

Love your tan. Yes I know only the Donald floats your boat. Are you still looking for a name for said boat. How about Titanic. Watch them deck chairs they are not bolted down. 

15 hours ago, sgtsabai said:

I'm sure that at some point Gen. Mattis and Flynn has crossed paths. Gen. Mattis is a Marine's Marine and I have great respect for him, but I don't believe he is the person one would want for Sec.Def. If I served with him I would probably be grateful for his attitude, but as Sec. Def. I believe it will be just a bit over the top. Like all Marines, our job was to kill the enemy. We weren't diplomats.

I think that Mattis is actually more aware to diplomatic realities and sensitivities, compared to many short-listed for or already on Trump's team. The "Mad Dog" moniker might have something to do with it. Flynn, on the other hand, seems to hold more problematic views with regard to some of the issues concerning US national security. Not saying Mattis is perfect for the job, but Trump could easily pick a worse choice. As another poster suggested, keeping Carter around for a while may have been better.

Just now, Redline said:

I'll update you.  Let's see what happens

Your to old to be a daddy again. Keep me posted. There is still hope for all us. Strange you never see these old foreigners with a young Thai wife pushing a baby carriage smiling. I guess after the initial burst of bullets the fun soon disappears when wifie says "Guess What Honey"

3 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Your to old to be a daddy again. Keep me posted. There is still hope for all us. Strange you never see these old foreigners with a young Thai wife pushing a baby carriage smiling. I guess after the initial burst of bullets the fun soon disappears when wifie says "Guess What Honey"

I'm a very lucky man indeed