90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

• 1 month later...

Slow today at the main office in town- took nearly 50 minutes with 12 ahead of me. Mainly down to the fact that the woman who processed my reports in the past wasn't there and one of the older blokes was on the desk.

If it hadn't been for him wandering off for 15 minutes, taking ten minutes to process one report and play on his phone I could have been in and out a lot  quicker. He was up to something- numerous calls saw him go out AGAIN for 5 minutes and have a conversation with a minibus driver.   

All that was needed (TODAY!) was the passport and previous 90 day report, nothing else.

As an aside there were some really crap drivers in town today- I had 2 close calls within about 400m- glad I have the Dashcam fitted now,

Edited by Psimbo

• 2 months later...

Did my 90 day report in Patong today. Arrived about 10.05, large crowd standing outside. Thought not yet open, but it seems those waiting had to stand outside and only called in for any follow-up. An officer would come out and accept completed forms with signed passport copies. I had all my paper work prepared, pushed to front, handed to him, he had a quick look and accepted. I left by 10.15, not bad at all. I felt bad for all those people standing at the back of the crowd who did not know what to do. 

Edited by LivinginKata

On 4/10/2017 at 4:26 PM, Psimbo said:

Slow today at the main office in town- took nearly 50 minutes with 12 ahead of me. Mainly down to the fact that the woman who processed my reports in the past wasn't there and one of the older blokes was on the desk.

If it hadn't been for him wandering off for 15 minutes, taking ten minutes to process one report and play on his phone I could have been in and out a lot  quicker. He was up to something- numerous calls saw him go out AGAIN for 5 minutes and have a conversation with a minibus driver.   

All that was needed (TODAY!) was the passport and previous 90 day report, nothing else.

As an aside there were some really crap drivers in town today- I had 2 close calls within about 400m- glad I have the Dashcam fitted now,

The lady works now at the first floor doing long term extensions.

So unfortunately you are stuck with the "old" officer.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2017 at 0:21 PM, LivinginKata said:

Did my 90 day report in Patong today. Arrived about 10.05, large crowd standing outside. Thought not yet open, but it seems those waiting had to stand outside and only called in for any follow-up. An officer would come out and accept completed forms with signed passport copies. I had all my paper work prepared, pushed to front, handed to him, he had a quick look and accepted. I left by 10.15, not bad at all. I felt bad for all those people standing at the back of the crowd who did not know what to do. 

Had the same experience on my last visit and although I thought I'd have to wait a long time because of the queue/crowd outside, it wasn't the case.......over and done with in minutes!

Like you I did feel sorry for those people who didn't seem to know what was going on and one couple walked up, looked at the queue and went! Perhaps some signs might help?

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Had the same experience on my last visit and although I thought I'd have to wait a long time because of the queue/crowd outside, it wasn't the case.......over and done with in minutes!

Like you I did feel sorry for those people who didn't seem to know what was going on and one couple walked up, looked at the queue and went! Perhaps some signs might help?

Yes some sort of signs would help, like papers in queue here on the left, waiting for processing wait here on the right. I felt guilty pushing to the front but turned out every one I pushed past was waiting for passport return. 

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Maybe the people that know could tell the people that do not know what to do?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Actually, many of us folks waiting did encourage those at the back to come forward. To be honest some of those newbies had no documents ready and expected to be hand fed. Oh well ...

Actually, many of us folks waiting did encourage those at the back to come forward. To be honest some of those newbies had no documents ready and expected to be hand fed. Oh well ...

Well that is the main problem with people attending immigration, you find out before going what is needed but of course that means having common sense and consideration something lacking now days.

Today nearly none there and my number up as soon as I had stepped away from the volunteer desk....but well no problem to wait for me, and yes up to them of course....... and this one was more interested in his phone than picking up my passport the first 5 minutes I waited:closedeyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Today nearly none there and my number up as soon as I had stepped away from the volunteer desk....but well no problem to wait for me, and yes up to them of course....... and this one was more interested in his phone than picking up my passport the first 5 minutes I waited:closedeyes:

Yep, he's a lazy sod and he knows people are waiting!

• Like 1

Happened to me also a couple times that my number got called and I sit down at the desk just to sit there for a couple minutes watching the officer play with his phone and sharing funny pictures/posts with his mates. Even when the office was full of people who all waited a long time already. On the flip side at least in Phuket you can get things done eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, Immigration is stuffing me up, again!!

My GF tried to do my 90 day report today at Phuket office. She does it because she can get there easier on her bike, and I am in a wheelchair. I had all the required papers properly signed, etc. and have the house residential slip in the back of my passport. (I provided pics of myself in front of the house with my extension in May). It should have been a simple extension of the reporting period for another 90 days!

However, the IO gave my lady a difficult time stating I should be there to sign another form, he didn't explain what it was or why it was necessary and didn't give her a copy.

Then he hassled her stating she should change her family name to match mine!!!!! She explained we were not married, but that apparently didn't appease this character. 

He eventually said he would do the report this time, but I would have to be there next time.

When I checked the slip, he had only given me until 5 August to report next, not the 90 days!

(My extension is not due until next year and the passport has many years validity).

What's going on? Are they refusing to accept these reports from agents again or are they targeting me specifically. (Patong refused to accept my report a couple of years back - the subject of a thread at the time) Is this guy making up his own rules as he goes along?

I would appreciate it if Merijn, or someone in the know, could give some answers on their latest requirement?IMG_0244.JPG

My understanding is they allow (encourage) people to use agents for their one year extension, even though it says on one of the forms that it must be done in person, but, don't allow agents for the 90 day report, insisting that it be done personally.

Just another example of some rules enforced and others ignored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, Immigration is stuffing me up, again!!

My GF tried to do my 90 day report today at Phuket office. She does it because she can get there easier on her bike, and I am in a wheelchair. I had all the required papers properly signed, etc. and have the house residential slip in the back of my passport. (I provided pics of myself in front of the house with my extension in May). It should have been a simple extension of the reporting period for another 90 days!

However, the IO gave my lady a difficult time stating I should be there to sign another form, he didn't explain what it was or why it was necessary and didn't give her a copy.

Then he hassled her stating she should change her family name to match mine!!!!! She explained we were not married, but that apparently didn't appease this character. 

He eventually said he would do the report this time, but I would have to be there next time.

When I checked the slip, he had only given me until 5 August to report next, not the 90 days!

(My extension is not due until next year and the passport has many years validity).

What's going on? Are they refusing to accept these reports from agents again or are they targeting me specifically. (Patong refused to accept my report a couple of years back - the subject of a thread at the time) Is this guy making up his own rules as he goes along?

I would appreciate it if Merijn, or someone in the know, could give some answers on their latest requirement?IMG_0244.thumb.JPG.4cdf7221024beeffef584ac6a4e7f15a.JPG

I think they want you to sign the TM.41 in person. Although I don't see any where on that particular form that requires you to appear in person like it does on the TM.7 or the re-entry permit. They used to just put a new stamp on the old TM.41, but now they scan the bar code, print out a new one that has all your information filled in and say; sign here. Staple it in the back of your passport and call the next number. I guess they just want to see your smiling face at the office and get your original signature on the document. I was there maybe 10 minutes. Less than 5 minutes with the IO officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

46 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

I think they want you to sign the TM.41 in person. Although I don't see any where on that particular form that requires you to appear in person like it does on the TM.7 or the re-entry permit. They used to just put a new stamp on the old TM.41, but now they scan the bar code, print out a new one that has all your information filled in and say; sign here. Staple it in the back of your passport and call the next number. I guess they just want to see your smiling face at the office and get your original signature on the document. I was there maybe 10 minutes. Less than 5 minutes with the IO officer.

Thanks for the reply Jim. I presume you meant the TM47 not TM41.

This form was returned along with the passport photocopies I always send.  I had definitely signed it! 

Discussed it all again with my lady and it seems the IO had her sign a separate form (she's unsure what it was) and she was told he would accept her signature this time, but as we are not married she shouldn't be signing for me.

Questions remain.

Why wasn't my completed, and signed, TM47 accepted, and why was a new form, of some sort, required?

When did the requirement for an agent to be married to the principal start? 

If he accepted her signature in the end, why the F did he only give until 5 August until the next 90 DAY Report is required?

After Patong office refused to accept my report once before, am I paranoid or is there a conspiracy against me?

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

My understanding is they allow (encourage) people to use agents for their one year extension, even though it says on one of the forms that it must be done in person, but, don't allow agents for the 90 day report, insisting that it be done personally.

Just another example of some rules enforced and others ignored.

Thanks. This was discussed at length a while back in the visas forum. The consensus was that they cannot legally refuse a 90 day report, even from an agent. Wives and partners lodge these things all over Thailand regularly. My lady has been doing them for me at both local offices for years. However, twice now they became difficult and gave her problems.

36 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Thanks for the reply Jim. I presume you meant the TM47 not TM41.

This form was returned along with the passport photocopies I always send.  I had definitely signed it! 

Discussed it all again with my lady and it seems the IO had her sign a separate form (she's unsure what it was) and she was told he would accept her signature this time, but as we are not married she shouldn't be signing for me.

Questions remain.

Why wasn't my completed, and signed, TM47 accepted, and why was a new form, of some sort, required?

When did the requirement for an agent to be married to the principal start? 

If he accepted her signature in the end, why the F did he only give until 5 August until the next 90 DAY Report is required?

After Patong office refused to accept my report once before, am I paranoid or is there a conspiracy against me?

You should very well know Phuket Immigration - depends on the mood of the day.

As some here mention you should not need the form, just original passport with previous 90 day notification receipt.

I myself have autofilled TM47 printout at home, copies of name page, current stamp, departure card. I sign at home. Patong office have taken all my offered papers the last at least 4 visits.

Once upon a time just scan the attached receipt, printer produces new form, sign, stamp, tear off, staple to passport. Never seen that for a long time, I wonder if the 'downing' of the Imm website last year also knocked out their internal network ? 

Edited by LivinginKata
corrections
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I myself have autofilled TM47 printout at home, copies of name page, current stamp, departure card. I sign at home. Patong office have taken all my offered papers the last at least 4 visits.

I do the same. I just sign and date the form when required. They have never returned this form previously.

Perhaps this character failed to recognise that the form had been completed because of the small, neat, computer generated details. That's one of the theories I have.

I don't think they have suddenly introduced a new form because other members were processed this morning without incident.;

Edited by Old Croc

21 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Can you please clarify what you are on about regarding a 90 day report? since when do you need any paperwork other than your passport, previous notification slip, can't remember the last time I needed the TM47 form.

The form is required by immigration when you are reporting staying in the Kingdom 

more than 90 days, whether they take it or not is up to them, i would suggest you

have it on hand when you do your 90 day report or face the possible consequences

but as they say up to you, and i believe Patong office still requires it, and a copy of

your passport and your TM6?

The fact that at the moment they seem to be letting the lack of it go does not mean

they will be so lax in the future.

The form is required by immigration when you are reporting staying in the Kingdom  more than 90 days, whether they take it or not is up to them, i would suggest you

have it on hand when you do your 90 day report or face the possible consequences

but as they say up to you, and i believe Patong office still requires it, and a copy of

your passport and your TM6?

The fact that at the moment they seem to be letting the lack of it go does not mean

they will be so lax in the future.

Not had any paperwork for a long time and the consequences are what?

Not a good idea to read these forums where so many people have so many problems, Phuket immigration is so easy, not had one problem in 8 yrs!

53 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Not had any paperwork for a long time and the consequences are what?

Not a good idea to read these forums where so many people have so many problems, Phuket immigration is so easy, not had one problem in 8 yrs!

I have never complained about 90 day reporting other than 100 baht fee deminded at Patong. I have never made 90 day report at Phuket. I just take the copies etc to be prepared. For a while Patong did not need copies etc then I used the online reporting method. Not available now these 9 months. I take the copies etc as insurance for IO mood of the day. This year so far always accepted and no hassle. Easy.

You should very well know Phuket Immigration - depends on the mood of the day.

As some here mention you should not need the form, just original passport with previous 90 day notification receipt.

Once upon a time just scan the attached receipt, printer produces new form, sign, stamp, tear off, staple to passport. Never seen that for a long time, I wonder if the 'downing' of the Imm website last year also knocked out their internal network ? 

I too have a fillable TM.47. I had it all filled and signed, the IO didn't want it. He scanned the barcode on my old one and then printed out a new one that was automatically filled out. He said to sign it, then detached the bottom part and stapled it into the back of my passport. I was done. That was at the Phuket Office though, not Patong.

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

I have never complained about 90 day reporting other than 100 baht fee deminded at Patong. I have never made 90 day report at Phuket. I just take the copies etc to be prepared. For a while Patong did not need copies etc then I used the online reporting method. Not available now these 9 months. I take the copies etc as insurance for IO mood of the day. This year so far always accepted and no hassle. Easy.

Like you LiK, I do my 90 reports in Patong and renewed mine just last week. A friend told me he had his done the previous week and no copies of anything required, just the passport, so that's what I turned up with.

To my dismay the IO requested 3 copies........passport,  arrival card and current extension stamp!!! So I asked if this was always needed and for next time and the answer was YES.

Seems like this "mood of the day disease is spreading".

Edited by xylophone