90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

In my experience Patong is somewhat consistent for the past 18 months.

Copies of main page, current extension and arrival card. In/Out in under 10 minutes.

If you think tipping gets you through faster, it doesn’t. It just makes you look like easy target and idiot.

Kidd

Edited by Coconut Kidd
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

My understanding is they allow (encourage) people to use agents for their one year extension, even though it says on one of the forms that it must be done in person, but, don't allow agents for the 90 day report, insisting that it be done personally.

Just another example of some rules enforced and others ignored.

I have never done 90 days in person, always use an agent. Latest report was in June.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Patong today to do the 90 day.  I got there at 11 AM and immigration was closed.  No one was there and the doors were locked.  There were some signs saying something like 'the system not working go to Phuket', which I didn't have time to do.  I don't know if they were open yesterday or if they will be open tomorrow.  My report date is 08 Aug.  I'm going to wait and see if they open next week before I go to the main office.

If anybody has info or sees they are open again...let us know please.

An update on the harassment of my lady at Phuket a couple of weeks ago when she tried to lodge my 90 day report. (They initially refused to accept it without me being present, then reluctantly gave a period of about 12 days before another report was due.) 

I've never lodged one of these reports in person over the 7+ years I've been here,  my lady has always done them for me. So, from more than 20 reports, this was only the 2nd time an IO had decided to impede the process.

My GF returned to the office again yesterday, the guy who gave her problems previously was nowhere to be seen, and a female officer processed it using just the PP, without requiring any of the proffered paperwork.

We now have a full 90 days before we have to visit the circus again.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

An update on the harassment of my lady at Phuket a couple of weeks ago when she tried to lodge my 90 day report. (They initially refused to accept it without me being present, then reluctantly gave a period of about 12 days before another report was due.) 

I've never lodged one of these reports in person over the 7+ years I've been here,  my lady has always done them for me. So, from more than 20 reports, this was only the 2nd time an IO had decided to impede the process.

My GF returned to the office again yesterday, the guy who gave her problems previously was nowhere to be seen, and a female officer processed it using just the PP, without requiring any of the proffered paperwork.

We now have a full 90 days before we have to visit the circus again.

Have had similar experience there and it seems that they change the "requirements" as the mood takes them..........they can make life very difficult for us longstayers and I dread my yearly extension based on retirement (not so much the 90 days as that has gone pretty smoothly at Patong) which comes up in 2 months.

On 7/21/2017 at 7:57 AM, Old Croc said:

OK, Immigration is stuffing me up, again!!

My GF tried to do my 90 day report today at Phuket office. She does it because she can get there easier on her bike, and I am in a wheelchair. I had all the required papers properly signed, etc. and have the house residential slip in the back of my passport. (I provided pics of myself in front of the house with my extension in May). It should have been a simple extension of the reporting period for another 90 days!

However, the IO gave my lady a difficult time stating I should be there to sign another form, he didn't explain what it was or why it was necessary and didn't give her a copy.

Then he hassled her stating she should change her family name to match mine!!!!! She explained we were not married, but that apparently didn't appease this character. 

He eventually said he would do the report this time, but I would have to be there next time.

When I checked the slip, he had only given me until 5 August to report next, not the 90 days!

(My extension is not due until next year and the passport has many years validity).

What's going on? Are they refusing to accept these reports from agents again or are they targeting me specifically. (Patong refused to accept my report a couple of years back - the subject of a thread at the time) Is this guy making up his own rules as he goes along?

I would appreciate it if Merijn, or someone in the know, could give some answers on their latest requirement?IMG_0244.JPG

I don't really understand what happened but the 90 day reporting can be done by everybody as long they have the passport with the old 90 day reporting in it with them.

There is no need for any other questions or signing etc.

If you want you can send a email to the PIV ([email protected]) so they can find out what happened.

This email is approved to being published on this site.

• Thanks 1

Patong Immigration requires the copies for the 90 day reporting.

Phuket Town Immigration does not require the copies.

Patong office is closed for now but hopefully it should be open again sometime this week.

For Phuket Town, no papers are required as long you have a old 90 day reporting slip in your passport and everybody can do it for you.

When doing the 90 day reporting for the first time the copies can be required with your full address on the first copy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, merijn said:

I don't really understand what happened but the 90 day reporting can be done by everybody as long they have the passport with the old 90 day reporting in it with them.

If you want you can send a email to the PIV ([email protected]) so they can find out what happened.

This email is approved to being published on this site.

Thanks Merijn. That clarifies the situation as it should be.

So no rhyme or reason for this harassment, he just felt like stuffing someone around. ( Actually I could make a good guess as to why) 

Does anyone there read this forum and take note of these sort of complaints? Some (re) training of a few officers in client relations wouldn't go astray. 

There's plenty of bad guys out there to have a go at, without berating a Thai citizen delivering a simple report from a law abiding client. 

Thanks for the link, I won't bother this time, I doubt it would make any difference.

Just got off the phone with immigration with regard to why my 90 day online report which has now been submitted for a week is still saying Pending.

After being passed around between four officers, the upshot is that no one there knows anything about the online reporting and that I must go to immigration.

Bloody useless!!

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Sad 1

On 11/22/2016 at 11:49 AM, Old Croc said:

I'll always have a Foreigners info form with me in case one of these passive-aggressive personality types is having a bad day.

On 11/23/2016 at 4:24 PM, xylophone said:

Seems like I was lucky at Patong then and mine was mid October. As we know these folk will chop and change things esp if they think they can earn a few baht!!

Agree !!!

9 hours ago, merijn said:

I did my 90 Day report in Phuket Town today. I was asked to sign the paper that was printed for my next report.  The bottom was detached and put in my passport.  The officer kept the top portion that had my signature.

It was my first time reporting at the main office.  I use the Patong office if I can.  I don't remember having to sign anything when I have done the report in Patong.  But, in Patong they want passport copies of the main page, current extension, TM 7 and recent entry stamp and those have to be signed.  The main office does not seem to require those passport copies.

On 11/25/2016 at 10:24 AM, Old Croc said:

Merijn has on the spot advice that has helped members here more than once in the past.

However, he , and most posters here, are aware that we are dealing with unsupervised children who can hinder, obstruct and bully their clients on a whim.

Until the Department becomes more professional, issues clear, common, guidelines for all Immigration Offices to follow, and curbs individuals who feel the need to harass visa holders, we can never be sure what hoops await us when we next visit our local torture chamber. 

Agree !!

22 minutes ago, Pakaty said:

I did my 90 Day report in Phuket Town today. I was asked to sign the paper that was printed for my next report.  The bottom was detached and put in my passport.  The officer kept the top portion that had my signature.

It was my first time reporting at the main office.  I use the Patong office if I can.  I don't remember having to sign anything when I have done the report in Patong.  But, in Patong they want passport copies of the main page, current extension, TM 7 and recent entry stamp and those have to be signed.  The main office does not seem to require those passport copies.

All your information is in their computer. They just scan the bar code from your last 90 day report and their computer print's out a new TM 47, all filled out. You just need to sign it like any TM 47.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

All your information is in their computer. They just scan the bar code from your last 90 day report and their computer print's out a new TM 47, all filled out. You just need to sign it like any TM 47.

Thanks Jimi.  My comment was a reply to Merjin's statement that nothing needed to be signed (if I understood him correctly).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhuketSarah said:
On 11/25/2016 at 10:24 AM, Old Croc said:

Merijn has on the spot advice that has helped members here more than once in the past.

However, he , and most posters here, are aware that we are dealing with unsupervised children who can hinder, obstruct and bully their clients on a whim.

Until the Department becomes more professional, issues clear, common, guidelines for all Immigration Offices to follow, and curbs individuals who feel the need to harass visa holders, we can never be sure what hoops await us when we next visit our local torture chamber. 

Don't remember seeing this post from Old Croc, but it is spot on IMO and I had to jump through hoops over 2 days when I refused to pay one little pr1ck 500 baht because I had a new passport..........

15 hours ago, PhuketSarah said:

Agree !!

Thanks for bringing a year old rant of mine to the top of the thread in case some one is taking notice. Trying to hoist me on my own petard.  A sweet move, but you may be flogging a dead horse.

So, Sarah is it this week,  are you having fun teasing those who are trying to be helpful, by pretending you don't understand the Thai visa system? 

15 hours ago, Pakaty said:

Thanks Jimi.  My comment was a reply to Merjin's statement that nothing needed to be signed (if I understood him correctly).

Your right, Nothing has to be signed by the passport holder.

This can be done by everybody.

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Thanks for bringing a year old rant of mine to the top of the thread in case some one is taking notice. Trying to hoist me on my own petard.  A sweet move, but you may be flogging a dead horse.

So, Sarah is it this week,  are you having fun teasing those who are trying to be helpful, by pretending you don't understand the Thai visa system? 

Teasing.

There were some replies on various threads that   my unfavorable  views of IO   were  not shared. Indeed  several stated I deserved to treated rudely for my  perceived attitude. But  as your post demonstrates,  and many others complaining in this thread and hundreds of others over years and years, even a decade, it's pretty much SOP of PIO to be PIA.

My frustrations are shared - and not just this week.  I've posted a thread last month about what I thought was a deliberate attempt by a border IO to trap me into entering the country illegally. 

Many others have been very helpful,  sorting out the confusing, apparently error filled requirement sheet I was given by Phuket IO. I've thanked them accordingly.  

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

Don't remember seeing this post from Old Croc, but it is spot on IMO and I had to jump through hoops over 2 days when I refused to pay one little pr1ck 500 baht because I had a new passport..........

This was  just a under the table request?  That's abuse. At some point someone needs to start gathering evidence of this. Rules of this  forum forbid specifics  but not hard to imagine how to go about it.  I'll do it,   needs to be a website-  Liki- weaks.  

Edited by PhuketSarah
Crock

5 hours ago, PhuketSarah said:

This was  just a under the table request?  That's abuse.

No he straight out asked for 500 baht and when I said that I was not going to pay it because there should be no charge, that's when he started and he had me copy everything imaginable, even having to go back to Patong to get copies of EVERY page of my bank book even though they were blank (I had the appropriate copies and bank letter)...........then go downstairs to the copier on numerous occasions to get copies of this, that and the other, all of which were not necessary.

Certainly was abuse and I was livid, but they've got you by the b@lls (in the case of a male...sorry) and they can play whatever game they like with you.

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

No he straight out asked for 500 baht and when I said that I was not going to pay it because there should be no charge, that's when he started and he had me copy everything imaginable, even having to go back to Patong to get copies of EVERY page of my bank book even though they were blank (I had the appropriate copies and bank letter)...........then go downstairs to the copier on numerous occasions to get copies of this, that and the other, all of which were not necessary.

Certainly was abuse and I was livid, but they've got you by the b@lls (in the case of a male...sorry) and they can play whatever game they like with you.

Yes they can be complete a**holes when the mood takes them. I try to deal with the same IO each annual extension. I have all my passport pages scanned so I just print out what I need  and sign. I have presented these copies every year. One year he told me that he did not like the orientation of the copy (have to turn A4 side ways). Told me I had to copy again so he did not have to turn the A4 paper. I started to say he accepted these copies last year and the year before - but wife kicked me and said shut up. When home and scanned the way he wanted - print - return. I give 2 copies of every passport page - even the blank ones cos if I don't they ask for some unrelated page - even then one time the IO said he needed a page that I had not copied - again try to say it's there - wife kicks - I go down to copier - get back and naturally he had already found the 'missing' copy page. Sigh Sigh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1