18 months overstay

1 hour ago, Wazza1 said:

Ok, what you have to do is sneak out of the country, across a border of a neighbouring country, then re-enter Thailand and plead ignorance that the immigration officer must have forgot to enter your departure into the system.

The neighboring country wouldn't stamp you in without a Thai exit stamp, and Thailand wouldn't stamp you back in without an exit stamp from the neighboring country. They have this agreement to stop suggestions like yours.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Dressing as for a job interview and acting like a wounded puppy sounds like the sort of BS that mark you as someone with something to hide, especially if you're about to plead dire financial straits. I would think they'd be very interested in the source of funds used to support his family for 18 months while in the country without a visa or work permit.

I know that you have spent a lot of time in Thailand, and I am surprised you have this opinion. They will already know that the OP is in a tough spot. The officials are most likely to be merciful if you throw yourself on their mercy, presenting yourself as a decent guy who ended up in trouble due to some unfortunate events. When you are asking Thai officials for a favor, you either grovel or offer them a bribe or both. While even more true in the past, Thais are still today more impressed by excellent grooming than Westerners would be.

I am very surprised this time.... I think i only read about 1 negative post...

I was expecting 70% of peple complain on the OP... but this time most people behalve good or not looked at that thread.

I wish the OP luck.. but I would also say to avoid a ban is difficult.... try...

3 hours ago, akentryan said:

The advice that he take expensive whiskey or be prepared to pay 80,000 baht do not appear possible. He is in this position because he used available funds to provide for his family. Sounds like he is still hurting for cash. Good luck with this one.

Yes Akentryan:you are right and wrong in the same time:i was in the position that i have decided where to use my founds.Someone can reply:1900 thb is not a big deal.The problem was not that:when u face something bigger than you, all the world seems to collapse on your shoulder.Now i have to fund, even for pay 80.000 thb.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BritTim said:

A laudable objective, but it is very difficult to decide which group any particular individual belongs to. This is without considering the fact that few people are all good or all bad, and how good or bad someone is tends to be a subjective judgment. I am guessing that your post was intended to highlight your view that you can tell whether someone is a good or bad person based on whether they overstayed by only 89 days or by 91 days. Personally, I consider this an over-simplistic criterion for deciding someone's overall character.

The term GOOD GUYS IN BAD GUY OUT is coined by the Thai immigration...and it is specifically referred and related to immigration offenders..So who is the imm BAD GUY one who respects the thai immi rules or one who disrespected it and overstayed by ONLY 89 days or 91 days....BTW overstayed by ONLY ONE DAY is still breaking the law.

The term BAD here is not refer to someone bad in body and soul......but bad in complying with the rules and laws of Thailand..

Probably these guys are suffering from amnesia..

22 hours ago, sniffdog said:

That's called social security fund benefit. Thailand doesn't have 'unemployment benefits' as we know in the West. Get your terms right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your terms right, please. You are so wrong. 

20 hours ago, catman20 said:

wont happen , sorry to inform you .i am a responsible person and well covered in any eventuality. :D

Time, the great equalizer, is one eventuality that cannot be 'covered.' You see, smiley, none are immune. 

• Like 2

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:10 PM, seancbk said:

I was headhunted from HK to take on the role. 

When they started the search for a candidate (which turned out to be me) the company was well funded and had a lot of interest from potential investors.   

By the time they found me and we negotiated my package and I'd wrapped up my previous 35 years of life in HK to actually move here, the company had burn't through it's cash reserves.  

Potential investors don't always come through, you hope they do but reality is they often don't.

I'm not sure how much they burn't through before I arrived but my direct boss was on 300,000 a month.   So salaries were not low ball.  

If I had known before leaving HK that they were close to running out of money I would not have come here.

Then again if I hadn't have come to Thailand then I wouldn't be about to start another new business myself.    

You cannot really predict what you'll be doing in a few months or a few years, no matter how much you plan.   

One thing I do know is that if you never take risks it is almost guaranteed you won't be rich.  

I've just had a major setback with my new business, something that would make most people throw in the towel and give up, basically 12 months of planning has just gone completely sideways and I'm almost back at square one.   But I won't give up because whilst right now it's looking pretty bad, I don't know who I'll meet this week that might be able to open a door and help put things back on track.

A startup shouldn't pay high cash salaries but give shares instead.

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

A startup shouldn't pay high cash salaries but give shares instead.

Actually I think they should do both.

The first startup I was head hunted to listed in Nasdaq at a 750 Million US$ valuation.  As one of the Executive Management I had a very healthy number of stock options.  
I also had a 500,000 THB a month salary plus bonuses.

The second startup I joined was the one here in Bangkok.   Starting salary was lower and I had no options, then again it also hadn't listed and was very unlikely to, even if it had been a success.

Life was exceptionally good from the mid 90's through to late 2000's.