A Good Quality Bottle of Port for Christmas

banglay

Hi everyone .

I am looking to treat myself to a good quality bottle of Port for Christmas can anyone point me in the right direction within the Pattaya area where I might find one .I do not mind paying for a good quality Port  but 5000 baht is my limit .

I am also in the market for a really good quality Mature Cheddar that can compliment the port  ( I am not a Stilton man).. and maybe some Carr's High bake crackers.

Thank in anticipation    oh ! oH ! OH!! :burp:

Try the Best supermarket on the junction of Klang and Second Road for the port. Mainland brand vintage cheddar is great and fairly widely available.. Carrs can be found in the western style supermarkets but its mainly their water biscuits..... not sure about High Bake.

I'm not sure Mainland cheddar would compliment a 5,000 Baht bottle of Port.

Probably the best place for cheese would be the food court at Central, you could probably get the port there as well. 

Foodland on Pattaya Klang and Friendship on Pattaya Tai also come to mind.

Friendship has some Taylors port, not vintage and not cheap but better than nothing. Cheese is easier, either Mainland Epicure (from NZ, 36 months aged) which is widely available around town, or else Cathedral City extra mature from England which is usually available in Bic C.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

You might try here:

http://www.wine-now.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=port

I'm jealous!

Cheers matey  that's  just a great site ..I can see me using that more  than once .I think I'll order the Dow's 20 year old tawny....a bit more expensive at 6259 baht ... but it is the dogs of a Port...... 

Cheers 

Edited by banglay

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 5:26 PM, craigt3365 said:

You might try here:

http://www.wine-now.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=port

I'm jealous!

I was delighted to see that reference but extremely disappointed at the service I received from the Company.

I tried to Order 2 bottles of Islay Malt but had a query on Delivery - because the site Quotes a next day Delivery in Bangkok but when I tried to complete the transaction the only option available was "3 - 5 working days" and obviously I was not prepared to stay at home all that time to accept Delivery! I called their "Customer Service" number for clarification 3 times but was put on endless "Hold", Emailed them but no response.

The Order was only Baht 11,000.- or so, so perhaps not of real interest to the Owner?

Patrick