Over 70% of Thai young adults ages 20-35 have “gigs”

webfact

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

In other words 70% have prostitutes on the side. Why anyone, Thai or not, would want a relationship with more than one Thai woman is a mystery.

555... Exactly what I think, Thai3.  I often kid my Thai wife, saying: "are these men totally crazy or masochistic?  One Thai wife is ENOUGH for any man!"

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

"Gigs are not paid for. Its just an extra gf."

Those men, both Thai and foreign who keep a "gik-gig" on the side are often providing accomodation, transportation, clothing etc. The man may not be paying her after each sexual encounter, but she is always available for his enjoyment as part of the "deal" .

In other words a mistress, inamorata or  a kept woman. Whichever way you cut it, she's providing a product and a service for remuneration of some kind.

I've had giks and didn't give them anything , and I know Thai guys who do the same. Just chat sometimes on line, and once in a while go out for a beer, but mostly just invite to hang out at your condo. No different than what happens back in the West.

Maybe rich older men provide gifts and "take care" of the girl, but that is not unique to casual relationships, you can see in regular relationships and marriages. 

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Probably a higher %age of expats have gigs. Well that's if you call Buriram Noi who works in Sukhumvit soi 4 a bit on the side.

Can't agree, most expats I've met over the past 17 years wouldn't even consider a gik, too much trouble, why bother when if things are that bad you can just move on?? The problem is almost always this strange idea that Thai women have is that to have sex more than once a month is some sort of "perversion"!  :sad::wai:

Why no mention of the huge percentage of Thai women who cheat on their partners? According to the findings of an international  in the Thai newspapers some months ago, they are the second most promiscuous and disloyal in the world.

This may not be entirely unrelated to the fact that Thai men, according to a different survey (by Durex if I recall rightly) are the world's worst when it comes to being faithful.

All things considered, it sounds like they deserve one another.

7 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Gee, sorry to hear you've had to pay for any sex you may have had. Fortunately, we hansum men never pay.

555555, in my time here iv discovered a few types of sex happen .

1 . a threesome .

2 . a twosome 

and 3 . a hansum .

2 hours ago, daiwill60 said:

Does anyone remember a story recently where a bar / come entertainment centre raided by police  in Rayong , was used by HiSo Thai women to be entertained by young men????  Women have toyboys too , same same !!!  Move on to real stories. 

Dozens of such venues in Bangkok under various arrangements. 

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Even stranger to those of us who grew up not getting any at all, much less a smorgasbord.

What??? I grew up an attended university in Canada the mid 1970s and again in the mid-late 80s i.e. after the pill and before AIDS.  It was an 'all-you-can-eat' pussy smorgasbord!

Edited by cruisemonkey

3 hours ago, thai3 said:

In other words 70% have prostitutes on the side. Why anyone, Thai or not, would want a relationship with more than one Thai woman is a mystery.

A bit like the immaculate conception......... or Santa and his reindeers

Edited by eddie61

3 hours ago, HooHaa said:

not only boys have gigs, the term generally means a friend with "benefits" or a fock buddy.

i have had and been a gig,  its just a bit of fun. 

the article is something of a joke, as is the study itself.

women are more likely to play their cards closer to the chest when it comes to having a bit on the side.

Well that figures as we can assume all these guys getting a bit on the side aren't all getting it from other guys - therefore .....

Just now, Artisi said:

Do you brag about it?

Was never the type. It was frowned upon where I am from. Heck, most of us had married local girls and had grown up with their brothers and family. It would have been very disrespectful to all concerned.

Then there were the years before the little blue pill when I had nothing at all to brag about even if I wanted.:smile:

4 hours ago, webfact said:

says 71.7% of Thai males ages 20-35 have several "gigs" or bits on the side.

I would love to have a bit on the side but alas I love and respect my g/f to much thus it is only a pigmentation of my imagination. That is now my storehouse for seedy and unbridled lust fictional of course. Have the gigs while your young and virile guys. To soon you get old and droopy if you know what I mean. 

41 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Was never the type. It was frowned upon where I am from. Heck, most of us had married local girls and had grown up with their brothers and family. It would have been very disrespectful to all concerned.

Then there were the years before the little blue pill when I had nothing at all to brag about even if I wanted.:smile:

And now ?

They ask 1617 people and based on that declare that over 70 percent of all male Thais in a certain age group have a second girlfriend. What type of male did they ask, and was the survey done all over Thailand or just on one street in Bangkok?  And were they all being honest or just trying to look big. Totally pointless story which means absolutely nothing to anyone.

When I first met my girl I asked her why she would want a relationship with a farang and not a  thai man and she said she didn't like thai men and foreign men will treat a woman better. I asked why she didn't like thai guys and she said because they cheat and get drunk and beat their women. I thought she was over-exaggerating at the time but after reading this I'm thinking maybe she wasn't.

Edited by fordguy61mi