webfact

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Answer is we don't know due to this, as usual, quality reporting.

Think these reporters get a bonus if the story is left unfinished.

Called a clifffhanger in US soaps, I believe.

Naughty transatlantic thing.

18 hours ago, bubblewrap said:

"Agadoo doo doo push pineapple shake the tree" - probably pushed the owner over the edge.

more like Agro doo doo  he sort of looks like  potential agro material   no matter how it all unfolded     a damper on anyone's night out

16 hours ago, bubblewrap said:

Nothing wrong with a wife beater [string vest if it turns you on], sandals, white socks and optional hanky on head.  It's Pattaya for God's sake. 

White socks ,are you mad? they must be black and preferably half way up to the knees .

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

i feel there a lot more to this than polity asking for the music to be turned up

The details in the report do seem rather scant. Perhaps there was a lengthy altercation with provocation from one or both parties. Is this really a news story? It appears to be no more than a minor fracas. 

2 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

He from the most hated nation on earth asked

God bless America 555

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

It would be more satisfying for you to grow a pair and go and say it to his face.

1 hour ago, freebyrd said:

As you are a 'proud American', I for one would expect you to be smug, USA USA USA.....

Case in point. 

:sleepy:

18 hours ago, sweatalot said:

what happened to the bar owner?

Nothing?

The Brit could well have overstepped some bounds; turning up the music during what many Thai's still consider a mourning period may well deserve a poke in the eye. Depends on what and how the Brit approached the subject, you don't get your way right away go to another bar that has alcohol and/or women(Lbs,whatever).

To be honest, I just cannot understand why punters in many bars want to change piped music, change volume of it or in other ways wish to take control to satisfy their own particular preferences usually causing annoyance to other punters. Get a radio or some other piece of equipment and listen at home to what you like to hear at whatever volume you want. No need to insist on your preference like a kid when out of the house.

18 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

The request was considered an insult to the late King. I'm not sure when the low volume music requests expires but it's certainly up to the "owner" to decide, especially if said owner is a Thai person. 

The "tone it down" was for a period of 1 month, so over by about a week when this happened.

All the facts would be interesting to know.

Probably more displaced anger combined with sampling his own liquor inventory.

His lady friend even looks pissed off.

Perhaps the Police applied Texas style justice - he should have been punched in the face - case closed!

18 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

The request was considered an insult to the late King. I'm not sure when the low volume music requests expires but it's certainly up to the "owner" to decide, especially if said owner is a Thai person. 

Now that's an interesting interpretation I hadn't thought of. So it was all a cultural misunderstanding, and would explain the rather emotional reaction to a seemingly innocuous request. Oh, just read it's expired, but I suppose some Thais might still think loud music is inappropiate, on an individual basis. 

Edited by nausea

18 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I wonder which AC/DC song was playing.

My best memories of Walking St are of sitting on my fav bar stool and hearing AC DC played at setting 11, the way it should be.

Sadly, an edict must have come down as the volume was reduced to inaudible levels many years ago. never been the same since.

22 minutes ago, gchurch259 said:

Me, I hate the loud music, and if they play Rap BS I pay up and leave. No use for the vulgar language and too loud on top of that.

I like Country, but respect my ear drums.

Is that enough additional "Bovine Fertilizer" ??

Right on. I tried to visit Gogos many times during my recent holiday in Pattaya, but I'd go in, listen to the noise the DJ was playing at a level painful to my ears, and exit without even sitting down. I made sure the door person knew why I wasn't staying too.