What can a person expect renting a house at 5,000 baht a month?

Scouse123

2 hours ago, johng said:

I can understand that keeping the Klingon warship fully cloaked 24/7 requires quite a bit of power...I'm intrigued when others say they can do the same but with much less power requirements.

it's not the cloak that consumes most energy. keeping the weapons banks continously charged demands a lot of power. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, farcanell said:

The battleship NNC1701A, is obviously not on this thread today

decommissioned because obsolete, the wimp Picard retired in Nakhon Nowhere and complains that Thai food is too hot. his live-in girlfriend Dr. Beverly hires only old shrivelled hags as maids after she found Jean-Luc groping the butt of a beautiful Thai maiden.

You got a license?  You got a business?  You got a work permit?  Are you prepared with the reporting of foreigners requirements?  Are you prepared for possibly being shaken down for not paying taxes on the income?  Are you prepared to completely report the income?  Are you doing this in your name or through your Thai partner?

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

You got a license?  You got a business?  You got a work permit?  Are you prepared with the reporting of foreigners requirements?  Are you prepared for possibly being shaken down for not paying taxes on the income?  Are you prepared to completely report the income?  Are you doing this in your name or through your Thai wife

1 not needed by op

2 don't need a buisness.

3 don't need a WP

4. his wife would easily do that by post.

5/6 wifes income 

7.  based on op further posts he did say wife.

Edited by Deepinthailand

Deepinthailand,

Thanks very much for answering everything correctly on my behalf. All in Thai wife's name who has worked in business with me for many years before I retired. She is more than familiar with all requirements, rules and regulations.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, balo said:

If you want to rent out to Thais 5000 is ok , if you rent out to foreigners you can double it to 10k .  Because most foreigners are stupid. 

Well balo, as harsh as your statement  sounds, after more than 25 years of watching old ( and many times ugly ) gippers in their 60s 70s and sometimes 80s chasing after curvy little Thai 20 something a$$es..until she catches him: and then see them lose everything, house, car, ALL their savings, etc....and then many of them ( old gippers, I mean ) regularly "fall" of balconies, I sorta have to agree with you. Someone once said here that many of the old foreigners leave their brains at the Bkk airport when they arrive. I think this is true. The word "MOST" is a bit much though, I would think. While, over the years I have met many, many MANY downright stupid foreigners here in the Land of Smirks, as well as in other countries, I still think the smart ones outnumber the dumbarses. But from what I have observed in the past few years I think the gap is closing rather quickly. Just my opinion of course ( and I am unanimous in that ) By the way, I'm one a dem thar furriners, and in all my time here in all my time here, so far I have 'knowingly' been beaten out of twenty baht....a lady that WAS a friend of mine in Mahasarakham...and a lady almost beat me out of 100 baht at a gas station in Cnx. Losing an argument with a tuk tuk or samlor driver don't count. Soooo, does that make me one a dem "smart" foreigners living here in Scam land?

Edited by UPDEHSOI

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2016 at 6:24 PM, Spock said:

Nearly $A400 a month, which is a big power bill here. Your friend must run several air conditioners round the clock as well, though who am I to judge what some people are able to do and pay for.

Yes her dose run a lot of aircons , but if you want to live here you just have to put up with it big power bills .

but if you want to live like a thai then no aircons .

i would not run all those aircons but that is me .