Cozy Beach to be cleared by Nov. 28

Rimmer

Cozy Beach to be cleared by Nov. 28

About 50 businesses found to be encroaching on public land at Cozy Beach have been given until the end of the month to move out.

PATTAYA:-- About 50 people found to be encroaching on public land at Cozy Beach have until the end of the month to move out.

Pattaya City Manager Wuthipol Charoenpol and legal chief Sretapol Boon­sawat took a squad of soldiers and administrators to the Pratamnak Hill beachfront Nov. 16 to check on the progress of the removal of offending structures.

Wuthipol said the checkup was needed, as he was concerned about 10 vendors with boats and large properties who would have difficulty meeting the Nov. 28 deadline.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/cozy-beach-cleared-nov-28-156211

PATTAYA MAIL 2016-11-25

Illegal is illegal .Why should connected people take over public land for their own use to run a business  .I applaud the current administration and the cleanup they are enforcing .However the worry is will every thing return to normal when the corrupt politicians and mafia connections return after an election .

53 minutes ago, jippytum said:

Illegal is illegal .Why should connected people take over public land for their own use to run a business  .I applaud the current administration and the cleanup they are enforcing .However the worry is will every thing return to normal when the corrupt politicians and mafia connections return after an election .

Which election are you talking about?

If this gets rid of Balkan Beat Techno and EDM and EP off my local beach I'll be well pleased. A nice quiet beach ruined by the mind numbing dufe dufe dufe music  throbbing and pounding insidiously all morning and afternoon. As though I doubt it will do anything to dispel the joyless gloom of the Russians. If only the Army could roust all the Russian touts from the agencies and restaurants from the area and change the signage back to Thai.  Cyrillic script has no place here. It lowers the tone and drives down property prices fastet than a new mosque. 

The army seems to want to ruin every beach i like.

First Phangna they forced all the beach bars and food to be pulled down.

A year later they did the same to Surinbeach in Phuket which was a great place to hang out. Now all is left are the ugly foundations and noone picks up the rubbish anymore so it is a dump.

Now the are tearing everything down at Cosy. It will be boring down there with no food and icy cold beers brought to your deckchair. Bloody decent walk up those stairs to get a drink now.

Ten years back all the Russian girls would get down there topless and wearing g-strings. It was great. Perve all day having cold beer served to you and when bored with them head up to walking street and go to a gogo and perve on Thais topless and in gstrings and more cold beer.

Ah, the good old days. Life was good.

5 hours ago, getreal said:

The army seems to want to ruin every beach i like.

First Phangna they forced all the beach bars and food to be pulled down.

A year later they did the same to Surinbeach in Phuket which was a great place to hang out. Now all is left are the ugly foundations and noone picks up the rubbish anymore so it is a dump.

Now the are tearing everything down at Cosy. It will be boring down there with no food and icy cold beers brought to your deckchair. Bloody decent walk up those stairs to get a drink now.

Ten years back all the Russian girls would get down there topless and wearing g-strings. It was great. Perve all day having cold beer served to you and when bored with them head up to walking street and go to a gogo and perve on Thais topless and in gstrings and more cold beer.

Ah, the good old days. Life was good.

So is that what your typical sex tourist or sex expat does or used to do, is 'perv' around all day drinking crappy beer...? That sounds way to exciting.............

16 hours ago, jippytum said:

Some of my favorite places in the world are similar to what you describe.  Old Faithful Inn and the Lake Hotel in Yellowstone, the Ruby's burger joints at the end of several public piers in S. California, and lots of other great places.  

I'm all in favor of the government allowing concessions for private enterprises to bid, pay a fee and operate a business for the benefit of visitors, the people who are employed there and the companies that pay $$$ for the concessions.  But there have to be some rules in place to avoid thrashing the resources, and the public should get some lease $$$ for the use of their resources.

18 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

cozy beach is one of my favorite pattaya beaches. the current between the mainland and koh larn means the water is quite clean. hope there is still deck chairs and a place to get a drink next time i go. the army sure are part poopers.

Yes I hope they figure out a way to have all the amenities there, but I'm not confident they will. I guess there is a reason we go to the beaches where the vendors are. I won't be laying on the sand in the sun anytime soon.

6 hours ago, fish monger said:

So is that what your typical sex tourist or sex expat does or used to do, is 'perv' around all day drinking crappy beer...? That sounds way to exciting.............

Sure beats going to work all day.

Sure beats a sitting on a beach with no beer and no topless russians. 

Sure beats going to the pub with no dancing naked beauties.

But not for everyone. May i suggest Dongtan beach Jomtien to you. You sound like you would like it there.

PS i dont drink crappy beer. 

I drink Chang. God's Nectar. Not that watered down sissy.farang beer.

24 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Yes I hope they figure out a way to have all the amenities there, but I'm not confident they will. I guess there is a reason we go to the beaches where the vendors are. I won't be laying on the sand in the sun anytime soon.

i am a big fan of deck chairs and appreciate being able to get a cold drink when i want one.  there needs to be a compromise. doubt the army is interesting in compromising though.

12 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i am a big fan of deck chairs and appreciate being able to get a cold drink when i want one.  there needs to be a compromise. doubt the army is interesting in compromising though.

Keep some folding beach chairs with wheels and umbrellas across the street from the beach and rent them out to customers who can set them up anywhere they like, then collect them up when the customer's done with them.  Take orders on the beach for cold drinks, have a waitress walk across the street to fulfill the orders.  Maybe even have an app to order the drinks and beach chairs from across the street.

One door closes.  Opportunity knocks...  But only for the creative.

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Keep some folding beach chairs with wheels and umbrellas across the street from the beach and rent them out to customers who can set them up anywhere they like, then collect them up when the customer's done with them.  Take orders on the beach for cold drinks, have a waitress walk across the street to fulfill the orders.  Maybe even have an app to order the drinks and beach chairs from across the street.

One door closes.  Opportunity knocks...  But only for the creative.

not at cozy beach it's about 50/60 steep stairs down and harder back up again

1 hour ago, striderman said:

not at cozy beach it's about 50/60 steep stairs down and harder back up again

Somewhere in the world, there are cabana boys putting themselves through college hauling beach chairs, big umbrellas and cocktails with tiny little umbrellas up and down humongous flights of stairs for overweight tourists.  

Of course, that requires a little bit of initiative and thinking outside the box.  Maybe park a boat full of folding chairs just off the beach each morning.  Hard to see how that would be encroaching.

Where there are tourists and a little bit of ingenuity, there's locals making money from them.  I guaranty you the Chinese would make a killing if that door was cracked open to them, even without encroachment.

Or they can whine about not being able to do it the way they did it last year.  But that doesn't pay too many bills.

Edited by impulse

cozy beach is one of my favorite pattaya beaches. the current between the mainland and koh larn means the water is quite clean. hope there is still deck chairs and a place to get a drink next time i go. the army sure are part poopers.

Tell us if you would feel the same way if squatters took up your residence. This is fantastic news!!! Wooohooo

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Tell us if you would feel the same way if squatters took up your residence. This is fantastic news!!! Wooohooo

not sure why you are so excited about a load of honest hard working thais who may ba out of work and not be able to feed their kids next week. i love that beach because it is clean. the squatters do a great job of looking after it. i have a watersports club any squatters who want to come in and keep the place clean are welcome.

not sure why you are so excited about a load of honest hard working thais who may ba out of work and not be able to feed their kids next week. i love that beach because it is clean. the squatters do a great job of looking after it. i have a watersports club any squatters who want to come in and keep the place clean are welcome.

Honest hard working people don't steal land, sell booze without a liquor licence and pay money to the mafia to keep It quite.

32 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Honest hard working people don't steal land, sell booze without a liquor licence and pay money to the mafia to keep It quite.

come to thailand. you will see that almost all booze is sold without liquor licences.  the only ones stealing land are bargirls who have their stupid western boyfriends putting houses in their names. basically everyone pays the mafia/cops. my thai staff suggested making payments when we first opened and i did not understand why i had too. after a few years i changed my mind.

Maybe they did such a good job of clearing it Basil that they sweep up all the onlookers as well.

The only why that we'll ever know is to send a trusted scout & get him to report back 

[ or get off our lazy backsides & get ourselves down there ;) ]

Edited by SidJames