Mother enraged after daughter drank cockroach-filled tea from CoCo

snoop1130

Mother enraged after daughter drank cockroach-filled tea from CoCo

By Coconuts Bangkok

cockroach_2.jpg

A mother shared photos of a cockroach-filled bubble tea from CoCo Tea, a famous Korean franchise beverage chain, after her teen daughter had almost slurped up the entire glass of cockroach-flavored tea.

Yet another story of consumers getting a little more than what is expected in their food. This time, one bubble tea came with six little legs and two wings.

Facebook user Kacharmart Peetiya posted snapshots and a video showing a nearly empty glass of bubble tea, and a cockroach soaking in the glass. She said she bought the tea for her daughter from Coco Tea at Platinum Fashion Mall.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/11/28/mother-enraged-after-daughter-drank-cockroach-filled-tea-coco

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-11-28

Cockroaches in CoCo bubble tea, klong rats feasting on  donuts in the showcase at Tops Supermarket. Insects and rodents need to eat and drink just like we do; except we have to pay for it. Cockroaches can live for a week without their head. Think about it.

"...after her teen daughter had almost slurped up the entire glass..."

Apparently, both mother and daughter must be blind. 

As evident in the photograph, dead cockroaches tend to float - and this should have been obvious before any slurping began !!! 

One has to suspect an ulterior motive to the mother's claims.

Roach.jpg

Ah, the old cockroach in the plastic bag trick!  Order an expensive meal at a classy restaurant and when you're full and just about finished magically discover the"bug" on your plate.  Restaurant resolution is a free meal!  But for a free glass of tea most likely found it's own way!

4 hours ago, anotheruser said:

I am confused as to how the name and shame stuff works around here. 

I was thinking exactly the same myself.

It seems OK to name a Korean franchise, when the reason the roach was there in the first place likely due to laziness of locally employed personnel not keeping the place clean and not paying attention to what they were doing.

Truth of the matter is, if there are cockroaches about, no matter where, cafe, hospital, shop, restaurant, something like this will eventually happen. 

Same thing happened to me with my ice coffee about ten years back in a well known restaurant in Jomtien. (name withheld due to lack of memory not any other reason).  Didn't notice the creature until, I had pounded the straw into the ice and been sucking the juice for around 15 minutes. Didn't seem to affect taste or do me any harm. I complained of course, but was treated as if I was the irritant, not the roach! I believe I didn't even receive a replacement drink, presumably because I had drunk most of that one LOL! 

If you care to find the book called "An Epidemic of Absence", you will understand kids raised in USA or Japan became ill when they grew up because their bodies lack immunity , not only lacking, total lacking. Kids who grew up in farms walked and played bare footed had some infections became strong as adults.

So tell the mum and daughter to drink it up, it's immunity concoctions for them.

9 hours ago, Basil B said:

And the Government is trying to sell all that rice that has been warehouses for years that rats have pissed on...

Have you seen the swarms of small birds feasting on the big piles of rice left out in the open, near the storage sheds ?

I often wondered why they call it "aromatic rice" (it has a smell about it that ain't that pleasant ..to the western nose at least)

I notice that mum always washes the rice before cooking it ..

In Udon, back in 1972-73, I used to find roaches in my food about 1-3 times a month.  The flies, beetles, hair, and other strange things, did not bother me much.  I would spoon them up and throw the little beasties and debris on the floor.  

But the roaches.  I would leave the restaurant and find another if I was still hungry.