Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

7 minutes ago, kekalot said:

I'm 191cm (6'3) tall and have been looking into buying an Aerox (like before the end of the week.)

sadly haven't had the chance to sit on one yet

my question is, how different is the seating position compared to a PCX 150? should I expect to have issues with knee clearance (or other things) with an Aerox?

in case of yes, would getting a seat made/modified be expensive to fix the issue?

I've ridden a Honda Wave 125 extensively before and also an Exciter.

No doubt Pcx is an better option for your size, but try before buy. Aerox I found to small for me 179 cm, since the kneebox was disturbing me. 

Edited by Hummin

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Aerox I found to small for me 179 cm, since the kneebox was disturbing me. 

Yep, the Aerox is unfortunately no option, if you have longer legs.

I (188 cm) tried it, but the front-fairing hit my knees.

Edited by Turkleton

11 minutes ago, kekalot said:

yeah, posts #9 confirms what I was asking, I think.

and I agree with #12 too

We can only share our thoughts and experiences, it is your choice ????

Hope you will enjoy it, and let us know your experience, since the forum is good for questions when you need it, but very few come back later with their experiences updating the tread where they asked to specific questions. Could help someone else. 

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, lust said:

PCX feels and sounds like better quality I find. Aerox/NMAX is cheaply designed. If PCX had ABS, it would kill nmax sales. 

Pcx is like riding granddads armchair.... 

Aerox feels great

I'm.only 6" and I love mine

If your 6"4 or have longer legs than body it maybe problematic but for me it's great, Pcx is overpriced too, with abs it will be even more overpriced 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Pcx is like riding granddads armchair.... 

Aerox feels great

I'm.only 6" and I love mine

If your 6"4 or have longer legs than body it maybe problematic but for me it's great, Pcx is overpriced too, with abs it will be even more overpriced 

yep. the reason I mentioned PCX was because I rode one before and could just sit back on the seat a bit.

very likely to get the ABS Aerox,  can get them slightly used 2nd hand for 55k very easily (73k new)

• Like 1

Aerox 155...Can someone just confirm the following..

1) What has the R version got that the std version has not?

2) Are there any new for 2019 updates/improvements/new trims/colours that are available now? or are they all the same from release until now...thanks

5 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

Aerox 155...Can someone just confirm the following..

1) What has the R version got that the std version has not?

2) Are there any new for 2019 updates/improvements/new trims/colours that are available now? or are they all the same from release until now...thanks

Yahama put better/bigger suspension on the rear after the first batch I think 

The 2019 one I tried in the Philippines didn't bottom out even under fsrang weight but the first (my) thai one did until the dealer fixed it

Edited by Ks45672

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2018 at 11:52 AM, Ramdas said:

I’m quite happy using E20 petrol, I get more kms and it’s a tad quicker unlike 91 or 95 which I reckon is a complete waste of money but you know how sheeps do..??‍♂️

You don't get more Kms

Even the Moto taxi bikes don't use it

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

You don't get more Kms

Not sure I would agree I ran e20 in an older honda auto carbed model in the past and had absolutely no problems and I felt it did have more power not sure about the mileage. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Not sure I would agree I ran e20 in an older honda auto carbed model in the past and had absolutely no problems and I felt it did have more power not sure about the mileage. 

Seems impossible.

Screw Etol in fuel.

7 minutes ago, papa al said:

Seems impossible.

Screw Etol in fuel.

not so i ran about 15000 km and expected clogged lines and rubber breakdown in a 10 year old bike but no problems whatsoever... I read that mixing ethanol increases the octane rating... I even ran 30 on occasion lol

Edited by tlandtday
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

You don't get more Kms

Oh because you think the motorbike taxi know better or anyone who’s thai does ?! ???????????????????? seriously funny if not sad.

They copy what the other sheep does ???? they don’t have an indipendent mind, they’ve a collective mind ! They don’t ask questions, no research, no progress this applies on everything they do ! Hence can never know any better than wasting money by putting the 95octane in their bicycles..

Especilly now that they’ve increased the petrol price, I stick with 91 as first choice and occasionally E20.

Just saw 128kph on my scooter, mind you no much of wind resistance so I was faster than anything on the road, couldn’t believe it ???? 

• Like 1

As far as I know higher E20 ethanol fuel does not give higher  performance or better fuel consumption than E10 (i.e. km/l, not talking about baht/l), but it's cheaper and more environmentally friendly...

Also same story about RON 95 to 91...

This doc from GM explains in lament term both fuel characteristics if read to the end:

https://media.gm.com/media/th/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/th/en/2013/Apr/0430_E85_factsheet.html

There are a lot more read on the web, don't take any single person's word for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

heres my 2 cents....

after years of renting wave 125's and click 125's, i finally rented an aerox r for 6 weeks on samui

im 208cm and 110kg

wife is 152cm and 40kg

looks are simply amazing, had the black and yellow, stands out and above every other bike no matter where you park. riding position is taller (and slightly leaning forward) then other bikes makes for good view (and command) while driving in traffic, rear seat is HORRIBLY thin and sparsely padded, wife hated it, front isnt much better few times i would sit on the back wife infront of me while i drove and yes, it sucks. my height is mostly in my legs and for once am able to ride with my legs together like pretty much everyone else but it feels more comfortable to ride with them spread. front brakes are great, does the rear drum even work? at speed its hardly noticable, going slow nothing seems to happen. avoid any situation where you need to use the rear only. unknown if it was only the bike i rented but the front forks are dismal, couldnt decide if it was a lack of oil or really soft springs, the slightest crack on the road and they would painfully bottom out, and the rear suspension wasnt much better, i had to start remembering where (all) the cracks and pot holes were, the aerox handled well through twisty mountains with an ability to accelerate up hill, seemed straight as an arrow when ridding slow through traffic. the extra power was much welcomed getting around slower traffic compared to a click. the click i could easily carry 2 large white water bottles on the flat foot rest, the aerox was similar to the wave, in that i could only carry 1 at a time balancing it between my legs. 2up we easily/ comfortably cruzed along at 80km/h (on the islands). fuel tank was small, seemed like we were always dropping by to buy more fuel, headlights were good at night.

we rented a nmax on bali immediately after the aerox for a week

brakes were day and night better, both the front and the rear actually did something, at speed the rear (only) you could easily shave off speed, front and rear suspension was very good but with a longer wheelbase at times it felt a bit akward, but the seating was noticeably lower and in traffic i had a hell of a time trying to find the center (riding) balance, so much that i never could crawl along in a straight line as i had had on the aerox, it always wanted to flop from one side to the other (may have been from the different riding position), made it down right impossible to ride in kuta's bumper to bumper traffic, headlights were also good. leaving a stop light, i want to say it felt like it had much more get up and go, quickly the bike would get up and over 110km, and comfortably drive along the highways. the sitting position was a nice change on the nmax with my legs forward more like a crusier but that placed more weight on my tailbone and with the shape of the seats made it never feel comfortable for a long drive..

as similar as the bike are, we/ i found them to be day and night different from each other.

yes, i would buy one, as i think/ feel they are worth more/ better then a comparable PCX, even fixing/ modifying/ changing all their short comings

change the suspension front & rear

add a rear disc

change the fuel tank from TDF Motorsport (8.2L for aerox & 12L for nmax)

swapping/ modifying the seat

further down the road, greed might make me think about changing/ modifying the displacement (stock pulleys and weights)

which model?

i really really really liked the aerox for zipping around on the island, slipping through traffic, felt like owning/ driving a rare and exotic supercar

the namx was very good for quick off the line and crusing along the highway

• Like 2

On 3/26/2018 at 7:06 AM, papa al said:

You realise the 25l area is lower than the 4l tank.

You going to install a pump.?

Easier to use just the 25 liter tank

[if that would be enough capacity for you]

and convert the 4 liter area to storage for tools or sumfin.

you DO NOT need to add a pump, even if the additional fuel is lower then original

with (all) fuel injection vehicles you already have a way to pump fuel into the original tank, you just need to re-route and modify a few things, which can easily reverted back to original stock should the need arise.

with fuel injected vehicles there is a fuel pump located inside the fuel tank which pumps fuel into the system. the pumping action creates negative pressure requiring the tank to suck air in. its possible to use this "sucking" action to draw fuel into your fuel tank via the breather valve; providing the fuel tank breather system doesnt have any air leaks. i have not tried on the aerox/nmax but i have done this to my G650X which has worked flawlessly on 3 trips from vladivostok to amsterdam and all over central asia.

i will (try) to explain what i did to my G650X Challenge, hopefully you can understand how to apply it to the aerox/nmax.

the white hexagon thing in this pic is the breather valve for the G650X found under the seat. removing and opening it up, inside is a small spring loaded breather valve, simply removing the spring and the internal valve slider (and putting it back together) allows it to freely breath.

i cant figure out how to show a single post in another thread. on this page, post #6655 you can see my G650X with a 10L fuel can attached to the side of the skid plate that is plumbed in running "siphon" to the main fuel tank. on the top side of the 10L tank you can see 2 hoses a thicker & thinner running near vertical. the thicker hose is the fuel line running up from the bottom of the 10L tank through a tight fitting hole in the top and then up and back attaching to the breather valve under the seat. the thinner hose is the breather line attached to the top of the 10L tank. on the other end up and under that panel is a one way breather valve.

your additional fuel tank can be darn near anything/ any size as long as the material is (reasonably) fuel safe, just need to have a hose running to the bottom of the container to the modified breather valve and a one way valve for it to breath from. technically it doesnt need a one way valve. the one way valve just stops fuel from running out should you lay your bike or the fuel container over, BUT it does need a way to regulate the negative pressure or the siphon WILL collapse/ flatten your additional container, and potentially stalling out your bike if negative pressure is greater then its ability to pump.

here is some additional reading

• Thanks 1

Good feedback on Aerox and Nmax,  but they have the exact same engine, I'm surprised you found Nmax pulling better and going faster...! Maybe smaller wheels make a difference or your rental bike Aerox had issue...

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 7:50 PM, Agusts said:

but they have the exact same engine, I'm surprised you found Nmax pulling better and going faster...! Maybe smaller wheels make a difference or your rental bike Aerox had issue...

not "exactly same engine", they are both 155cc but set up slightly different, mainly due to the nmax being 9kgs heavier then the aerox. the aerox produces 13.8 Nm at 6,250rpm while the nmax produces 14.4 Nm at 6,000rpm; therefore the nmax produces slightly more torque quicker then the aerox. coupled that with the less rolling distance of the tires helps makes the nmax accelerate quicker then the aerox.

those specs were taken from an article found here

Disclosure:

i do understand that i am comparing an aerox from thailand to a nmax from indonesia with specs from the philippines, and it is entirely possible that there are spec differences between these models. in my defense i cant read thai or bahasa, so an article written in english from the philippines based on what appears to be similar/ same vehicles is the closest i can dig up right now.

aerox 155.png

nmax 155.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 5:18 PM, Eli1 said:

Sorry mate don't want to argue with you but the R model doesn't that's the only reason I didn't buy the R because it didn't have the ABS so I've just put the suspension shocks for 4500 baht then the Weaver discs for 1100 baht...anyway take a photo of your bike and let me see.... by the way is your bike a remote control or is it a key model.

What's the advantage of weaver discs?

8 hours ago, stament said:

What's the advantage of weaver discs?

Not much really,  my friend was saying maybe it does not get too hot, but this is really something for sports bikes,  at speed and breaking conditions that they are used in... On a 155cc scooter going at maximum 110km/hr, I think makes no difference...

On the other hand I could say if it gets less hot due to disk shape,  maybe it looses some stopping power due to that shape, but I never bother with these details on bikes mainly used to go to 7/11.... lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can anyone share the service intervals for the Aerox in Thailand please?

Mine is now around 2years and stays at my Condo in Pattaya but couldn't come back past year because of my job.

As far as I can remember I have done a service around 1k km and it has now run around 2500km as far as I can remember?

I think it should be worth changing motor oil anyway as it has stood around for a while. I disassembled the battery as I have a charger in my Condo so should still work I guess.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:33 PM, gessi2000 said:

Can anyone share the service intervals for the Aerox in Thailand please?

Mine is now around 2years and stays at my Condo in Pattaya but couldn't come back past year because of my job.

As far as I can remember I have done a service around 1k km and it has now run around 2500km as far as I can remember?

I think it should be worth changing motor oil anyway as it has stood around for a while. I disassembled the battery as I have a charger in my Condo so should still work I guess.

I change all the oils on my Aerox every 2000 kms. Why?

Because it costs me a total of 250 baht at my local Yamaha dealer.

I really like my Aerox so it is completely worth it. Standard services are at 4000 kms but the oil comes out quite dirty at 2000 kms so it's cheap insurance I think.

After a year of inactivity you MUST change the oil because the water content will be high. Same for the petrol so empty the fuel tank, before use.

I use premium 95 petrol because it is a cleaner fuel too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't know about expensive premium that Shell or BP etc. offer,  but standard E10 RON 95 does not differ in cleanliness than E10 RON 91, only difference is in their RON , look it up and fill up according to engine model and compression....

I don't think the myth of 95 petrol better and cleaner than 91 ever dies from people's mind ... something magical about higher number... lol