Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

That's the ABS on the perforated black round sensor on the brake disk, there is also a black cable coming from it that transfers the reading to the brake system. Aerox only has front ABS though, back brake is drum.... (Nmax has both front and back ABS).

If you are brave enough you can try it in a safe place, just make sure the wheel is straight and then brake hard, no need for a lot of speed.... (Note: This poster accepts no liability if you go down with your new bike.... lol)

Rainy season is almost here.. It's already raining almost daily, so should be possible to test it at a safe slippery spot. Or would it be better on dry road? I am not planning on doing it at full throttle anyway :laugh:

Try wet grass , walking pace. If you do fall - no damage - soft landing.

1 hour ago, Lowryderen said:

Rainy season is almost here.. It's already raining almost daily, so should be possible to test it at a safe slippery spot. Or would it be better on dry road? I am not planning on doing it at full throttle anyway :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2017 at 8:59 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

Ha-Ha, no not much fun agreed, but I said city riding only, even got a 40lit top-box fitted.

I use a big bike for highway riding, much safer/fun, I don't like being overtaken by big buses out there which happen if scootering, no so on my Versys.

Is that on the Aerox you got that box?

If so I would love some info on where you got it.

I asked the local yamaha shop and they said they need me to provide a barcode number for them to order it.

How am I supposed to know that number..

IMG_20180502_120521.png

5 hours ago, Lowryderen said:

Is that on the Aerox you got that box?

If so I would love some info on where you got it.

I asked the local yamaha shop and they said they need me to provide a barcode number for them to order it.

How am I supposed to know that number..

IMG_20180502_120521.png

No PCX.

I got mine in Pattaya, opposite the large service center for scooters on South Pattaya Road.

• Like 2

Does anyone know where the air intake is on this bike ? would be handy to know if I have to go through water. It happens every rain season my Yamaha noveou 135 had it real low, where you put your feet. So just a little water and the engine would stop. Just curious where it is on the Aerox. I hope somewhere else but given its a Yamaha too I am not sure.

• Like 1

Okay, I managed to find the bracket that fits the Aerox 155 online myself.

But it comes without box..

So the question now is, can i just buy any box and expect it to fit? Or do I have to track down a specific box to this particular bracket?

3 hours ago, Lowryderen said:

Okay, I managed to find the bracket that fits the Aerox 155 online myself.

But it comes without box..

So the question now is, can i just buy any box and expect it to fit? Or do I have to track down a specific box to this particular bracket?

Typically box systems have a mounting plate

that attaches to bracket.

Semi-universal.

The box quick ten attaches to the mount.

Like Givi.

• Thanks 1

So about 6 weeks and 2,000km with the Aerox now and still enjoying every moment, only a few niggles but not enough to give me any form of buyers regret.  Power socket is only rated at 2 amps so a definite no no on portable tire inflator, lack of any good secure points bungy cords or cargo straps and rear brake is weak at full actuation when properly adjusted or on/off when over adjusted.   Headlights are great compared to the Novou Elegance as is underseat storage, I just wish Yamaha had gone the extra mile (or kilometer) and provided a topbox accessory in keeping with the bikes styling as the Aerox can comfortably handle a leisurely weekend trip 2 up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2018 at 7:33 PM, PhiPhi said:

So about 6 weeks and 2,000km with the Aerox now and still enjoying every moment, only a few niggles but not enough to give me any form of buyers regret.  Power socket is only rated at 2 amps so a definite no no on portable tire inflator, lack of any good secure points bungy cords or cargo straps and rear brake is weak at full actuation when properly adjusted or on/off when over adjusted.   Headlights are great compared to the Novou Elegance as is underseat storage, I just wish Yamaha had gone the extra mile (or kilometer) and provided a topbox accessory in keeping with the bikes styling as the Aerox can comfortably handle a leisurely weekend trip 2 up.

You can get the rear bracket for a top box at 320SP.com for 1.500 baht. It can be a little tricky to find on their page, but here it a link to it from another site:

http://www.mocyc.com/market/1266759/แร็คท้ายYamahaAerox155

I ordered one last monday, and received it wednesday with kerry express. Gave 100 baht more for shipment for a total of 1.600 baht. My wife had an old yamaha box from a mio laying around, and that fitted tye bracket just fine. But you can buy gor example a SHAD box (maybe others too?) with universal mounting kit that will fit too. They sell those on shopyamaha.com

Screenshot_20180513-085401.png

IMG_20180513_084804.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ill repeat my question, does anyone know where the air intake is on the Aerox 155. I am asking this now with the rain season coming and certain underground U turns filling with water could pose a problem. On my Nouevau 135 it was at the place where i put my feet. I know its at a different location for Waves (higher) i found that out the hard way by going through water Waves could go through only to have my engine quit on me.

So please if anyone knows let me know.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Ill repeat my question, does anyone know where the air intake is on the Aerox 155. I am asking this now with the rain season coming and certain underground U turns filling with water could pose a problem. On my Nouevau 135 it was at the place where i put my feet. I know its at a different location for Waves (higher) i found that out the hard way by going through water Waves could go through only to have my engine quit on me.

So please if anyone knows let me know.

If I am not mistaking, its located in the box right above the drive belt.. The image shown is from a N-max.. But as they share engines I would think it to be the same..

images (3).jpeg

1 hour ago, Lowryderen said:

Should leave you with sufficient clearance for most puddles.. 

14" wheels will never beat a wave in floods

I have already flooded my aerox fairly deep but it dried out ok but seems to be burning fuel faster than before 

I asked the dealer to change the front suspension to heavier viscosity oil and that made a great difference, now it doesn't bottom out over mild potholes anymore, even with a passenger... 

• 1 month later...

Hello every Aerox riders out there ! I wonder if you may be able to better advise me on what kind of petrol to put in the bike, needless to say I’m kind of confused with all these kind of gasohol , gasoline, benzine and petrol ??‍♂️

When I first bought it, I’ve been putting in 95 grade for the first 4.000 kms which to my mind it’s a waster of money for such a small engine so now a days I’m switching between E20 and 91..

E20 is cheaper and the bike feels crispier but  I also seem to get more kms per litre depending how I squeeze the throttle naturally occasionally I put in the 91 but never again 95grade..

What are your thoughts on this topic ? Thank you in advance ?

You put in your bike what your manufacturer recommends. They usually even put a pretty big sticker near the tank opening...

Only put in E20 if your manufacturer explicitly says that the bike supports this fuel. For most scooters, 91 gasohol is the correct choice. 95 wont ever do any harm but is a total waste of money as it doesn't help with anything in these engines.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

You put in your bike what your manufacturer recommends. They usually even put a pretty big sticker near the tank opening...

Only put in E20 if your manufacturer explicitly says that the bike supports this fuel. For most scooters, 91 gasohol is the correct choice. 95 wont ever do any harm but is a total waste of money as it doesn't help with anything in these engines.

Well, 91 is the recommended choice but since E20 appears to be cheaper I thought of give it a try since it seems to run better too but I’m not entirely sure whether it harms the engine though ..And Yes I’m aware about 95 grade being a waste of money..

3 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Well, 91 is the recommended choice but since E20 appears to be cheaper I thought of give it a try since it seems to run better too but I’m not entirely sure whether it harms the engine though ..And Yes I’m aware about 95 grade being a waste of money..

I have a Nmax same engine as the Aerox and use E20 all the time it is not different than 91 and runs just as good and yes fuel economy is better too.

We are not talking about a high end big bike just a scooter.

I am a member of a Nmax club and most members use E20, so carry on as you are going, just make sure you do regular oil changes and even go for 100% synthetic for a smoother ride.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Of course it's different. E20 is 20% ethanol and if you put that into a bike which wasn't designed for it, it can damage the engine or other parts. What they call 91 here is gasohol 91 octane. It has 10% ethanol. "95" is gasohol 95 octane and also has 10%. You see, E20 has twice the ethanol than 91. That's quite a difference.

The only difference between 91 and 95 is how much pressure/heat the fuel can withstand before igniting. Bigger engines that run pretty hot and are not designed for 91 (or E20 for that matter) can have premature explosions because the fuel ignites before the engine wants it to. Also called "pinging" or "knocking". But of course with small scooter engines, that's not gonna happen.

Maybe these newer scooters can take E20, maybe not. Check your owners manual or fuel tank sticker. Chances are that they indeed can take E20 but I would just make sure for peace of mind.

When talking about fuel economy for 91 gasohol vs E20, you need to calculate the price for the fuel against the milage that it gives you. I'm not sure if in the end there's a big difference. Could be that milage for E20 is a bit worse than 91 and offsets the savings from the price per liter. Would be interesting to see some real numbers regarding that.

About the oil changes: yes, that's one of the most important things. But there's a simpler and better rule: just follow the service schedule as outlined in the service booklet or owners manual. The only thing one has to pay attention to is to make sure the minions at the shop are actually doing what the book says they should do because they tend to "forget" to do things?

Thanks for the input and detailed infos, as stated 91recommended petrol to put in but I’ve been alternating between the two just to see if it makes any difference.

I’ve been doing the regular oil change as per the service book but at the yamaha dealer they just put in the Yamaha brand semi syntetic 10-40 grade, not entirely sure the fully synthetic is needed for such a small engine though, it’s already pretty smooth ( expect the wobbling once passed 100kmh ?) I seem to get more kms with E20 I must admit but I haven’t checked it properly since I’m always in fulll throttle when there aren’t any obstacles swinging left and right of the carriageway on the roads, terrible drivers starting from the Buses, taxis and whatever else on the road you may find ??‍♂️

Its now got 6000 kms on the speedo next oil change is at 8.000 kms

I will probably replace the front pads too and maybe the disks Humm since they seem to wear out fairly quick considering the amount of due braking whilst riding in Bkk.

Thank you ??

Edited by Ramdas

I think I remember seeing my friend's Aerox user manual and it said you can put 91, 95 or E20...Though I don't swear to it. 

100% synthetic oil is the one that last longer and holds its characteristic better say for farang who may leave a bike for many months unused,  with regular use and service you can use any oil.... 

On 7/21/2018 at 2:32 PM, eisfeld said:

Im my local station the difference between 91 and 95 is roughly a quarter baht per litre

In a 4 and a half litre tank you might be able to save a whole baht per fill up..... 

If you go in with the tank nearly bone dry maybe even 1.25 thb lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Im my local station the difference between 91 and 95 is roughly a quarter baht per litre

In a 4 and a half litre tank you might be able to save a whole baht per fill up..... 

If you go in with the tank nearly bone dry maybe even 1.25 thb lol

Do you get more milage out of 95? Probably not. Does it improve performance? Nope. I mean... I can sell you a virtual coupon for a hug for 1.25 THB if you want... both will achieve about the same thing ?

If 95 makes you feel better and costs virtually the same, then I guess it's the right choice.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2018 at 9:53 PM, eisfeld said:

Do you get more milage out of 95? Probably not. Does it improve performance? Nope. I mean... I can sell you a virtual coupon for a hug for 1.25 THB if you want... both will achieve about the same thing ?

If 95 makes you feel better and costs virtually the same, then I guess it's the right choice.

Premium (high octane) often contains additive package for cleaner running, enhanced upper cylinder lubrication, &c.

• Like 2

Probably gonna run on higher ethanol E20 but it might harm your fuel lines in the long run (not sure). 

Higher octane only to prevent early ignition, esp in high compression engines. There is really no need for that in our small singles. 

Probably some diff in fuel additives, but we can never really know for sure.

I mostly go for 91 on my scooter. But sometimes 95 is only available, or V Power..doesn't really matter..didn't notice any diff either..

Edited by alx123

• 2 weeks later...

A UK motoring show a few years back did back dino tests comparing different brands of 95 to 91 stuff....

Their conclusion was that the only significant difference came from Shell 95 V Power..

Personally i always use it - its a nat's nakka more expensive than their 91 and i like to think i get a tad more grunt,,,

2 hours ago, properperson said:

A UK motoring show a few years back did back dino tests comparing different brands of 95 to 91 stuff....

Their conclusion was that the only significant difference came from Shell 95 V Power..

Personally i always use it - its a nat's nakka more expensive than their 91 and i like to think i get a tad more grunt,,,

I’m quite happy using E20 petrol, I get more kms and it’s a tad quicker unlike 91 or 95 which I reckon is a complete waste of money but you know how sheeps do..??‍♂️